Jan 20, 2003, 02:49 AM
Thread OP

Update on the Turbo Raven Project.

Just so everyone knows the Raven is Still under way. Im sending out 3 beta kits Tuseday so be looking for reports on the kits soon. Here are some updated pics of the final airframe.

New wing with thicker airfoil, Rounded leading edge thats still enterlocking, and new servo mounts.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 20, 2003, 02:49 AM
Thread OP
Pic of servo tray.
Jan 20, 2003, 02:53 AM
Thread OP
New wing bolt down setup. I figured the hatch was big enough to put bolt the wing on through the hatch. There are two Blind nuts in the ply mouting plate in the wing. This should make this part a snap for most builders. You can also see the new servo tray that i moved forward to get the CG right.
Jan 20, 2003, 02:58 AM
Thread OP
One of the changes i like the most is this screw to adjust the hight of the hatch magnet. Its hard sometime to get everything just right and this will making getting the hatch to fit perfect a snap. One real nice thing about a hatch held on by a magnet is that it will never get broken in a crash
Jan 20, 2003, 10:06 AM
"Experienced-Crasher"

NICE Work!!!...

It's beautiful Mike! Did You ever find out what the glitching was that cause the crashes? It sure soinder like some kind of electrical "noise" or a radio glitch to Me... Hey,.. where do You buy those small hatch magnets!? I really need to try one! I have a "tricky" hatch set-up at this very moment & these sound like the PERFECT Answer! Again,VERY,VERY nice work! Can't wait for the flight pictures!! Bob
Jan 20, 2003, 12:36 PM
Thread OP
Bob, I have no idea whats causing the glitching but Its something at the airport were i fly. There two areas were if you fly through them the plane starts going nuts and this had happend to 4 plans now. I think finding a new flying place will fix the glitching problems but just incase, im going to be using a full size PCM RX without the case. I got the small magents from about 40 CD drive i got to get the motors from. But here is a link that Martin gave me that has lots of Magnets and a cheap price. Well, i cound not find the link. Martin, were is that place that had all the magnets cheap?

Mike
Jan 20, 2003, 12:41 PM
Thread OP
Bob, here is a link to some Magnets but not the one were i plan to order from.

http://www.kdsmagnets.com/sumarian-co.html

MIke
Last edited by Mike Hall; Jan 20, 2003 at 01:25 PM.
Jan 20, 2003, 01:04 PM
LJH
LJH
Moths do not fly inverted
Ummmmmm......can't wait.....Turbo Raven

Cheers,
Jim
Jan 20, 2003, 02:27 PM
Live to ride... and fly!
Great job Mike. Glad to see you stuck with it through thick and thin! Hope the beta testing goes very well.
Jan 20, 2003, 02:36 PM
Thread OP
Tres, I do to. Im almost 100% sure everything will go well now. Im about to cover this Raven and after i go buy another EPS 300 i will be flying this one.

Mike
Jan 21, 2003, 07:03 AM
Crazy Cessna Owner
i gather this isn't the turboprop raven then????
Jan 21, 2003, 10:12 AM
Thread OP
Robbie, this is the turbo Raven, Here is a pic of the last one i built.

Mike
Jan 21, 2003, 10:38 AM
LJH
LJH
Moths do not fly inverted
Can I say it again?..........Uuuuummmmmmm...........Turbo Raven.

Mike, Are you useing the GWS stick mount? I can just see it, My Stevens CAP and the Turbo Raven. Just pull the drive off of one and stick in in the other one........I am liking it more and more. When do you think Mike? Are you planning on supplying the graffics with the kit?

Cheers,
Jim
Jan 21, 2003, 11:07 AM
Thread OP
Jim, It does use a Motor stick and powerplants can be switched from the CAP to Raven. I plan to have kits ready soon but no set date as of yet. I do plan to include graphics if the price is low enough. Dave Blum has worked me up some nice looking graphics and i should have a price on getting them printed soon.

Thanks
Mike
Dec 07, 2014, 08:57 PM
3d and EDF, some scale
what happened to this project?

Quick Reply