May 23, 2008, 10:23 AM
F3B
Thread OP
Discussion

Are you an SMSA member?

Hi Chaps,

Just wondering if this board gets view much by members.

it seems a shame to have it and not use it.

hands up of you are out there!

Tom
to remove ads between posts
May 29, 2008, 02:36 AM
Registered Slopeaphile
May 29, 2008, 03:17 AM
F3B
Thread OP
haha. that should be an icon on RCG.

seems like not a lot of people are on here.....
Jun 02, 2008, 10:26 AM
Registered Slopeaphile
Sorry fella!

Well....I haven't renewed my membership this year, but I have the form filled out with a fiver stuck in there for when I see one of the commitee down on the slopes.

Then again I've only flown twice this year, so not exactly taking the pee yet!
Jun 20, 2008, 03:05 AM
Registered Slopeaphile
Pretty quiet in here still....

Flew my Lo100 from Burton on Wednesday night - 2 launches into marginal lift saw me scratching about and 2 slopeside landings. 3rd launch got me into some decent air and managed to stooge about a bit just over head height, was quite pleasant with the sun low.

For such a big wing and light weight, she sure does seem to need a blow to keep up there
Jun 20, 2008, 03:09 AM
F3B
Thread OP
well we are talking dassett.

Can be very poor at times.
Jun 20, 2008, 05:18 AM
Registered Slopeaphile
Yes not exactly brick flying hill tho my mini blade seems to like it there, the Lo didn't want to know.
Jun 24, 2008, 04:51 AM
Registered Slopeaphile
And on sunday it blew so hard we could hardly stand up! My Mini-Blade lapped it up, was lots of fun. Just me and another chap flying who turned up with (I think) an X-it EPP wing and a Vektor. We were wetting ourselves laughing at the big glass elevator we were both stuck in
Jun 24, 2008, 08:56 AM
F3B
Thread OP
nice. I'm surprised it wasn't blown out.

I went to the long mynd instead....... windy.....!
Jun 24, 2008, 10:28 AM
Registered Slopeaphile
Ooh, nice. How was the trip? I'd like to fly from there sometime or other, but not sure on the drive over.

It was close to being blown out tbh, but the MB still flew unballasted
Jun 24, 2008, 12:50 PM
F3B
Thread OP
it's about 90 minutes from warwick. It's a nice slope. The landing is very easy at the whole place is covered with heather and other plants, and I haven't found any rocks yet.

It's a fairly big hill, so lift is pretty good. It was very strong at times on Sunday, although the wind wasn't really square-on to the slope.

Well worth a trip. nice big hill, not much change of damaging your plane. Welcome relief from Dassett when you want something bigger and better.
Jun 25, 2008, 03:19 AM
Registered Slopeaphile
I know what you mean - I think my two new quarter scale builds will probably be test flown from Westbury White Horse (or it's perpendicular larger N slope). I grew up in the area so very familiar slopes to me, and loads of lift in the proverbial mouse's fart.

I know in the past there was mention of club "road trips" to good sites - did anything ever come of this? I fancy Ivinghoe sometime as well.
Jun 25, 2008, 03:50 AM
F3B
Thread OP
I think the membership gets about quite a lot. not as an organised gang. I thin it might be a bit hypocritical though, seeing as we don't allow guests to fly at our club.....

Dirty Bassett can be very frustrating at times, but it's a very convenient place to go and fly and, being near the m40, has a wide catchment area.
Jun 25, 2008, 06:38 AM
Registered Slopeaphile

Dirty Bassett, like it
Jun 25, 2008, 06:47 AM
F3B
Thread OP
yeah the air is very "dirty" at times isn't it. lumpy bumpy........

Quick Reply