Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
May 22, 2008, 07:05 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

AeroMusicals World Air Games update

Hi all,

The Swiss said today that they will run an international WAG AeroMusicals selection contest on November 15.

This is to date the latest selection contest before the end of the WAG 2009 selection contests period (closing on November 30).
It may be a good opportunity for a late selection.

For information, Austrian Gernot Bruckmann is presently leading the World Ranking. A decision on the number of invited competitiors to WAG 2009 will be reached on July 31, 2008 at a meeting between the WAG 2009 Organising Committee and the World Airsports Federation (FAI).

Why no US contest has been placed in the official calendar is still a mystery to me, but it is not too late with 6 months remaining.

FAI guy
to remove ads between posts
May 22, 2008, 10:59 AM
Hi FAI guy,

Thx for update, i was thinking official ranking for WAG was here:
http://wag2009.free.fr/ciam_sel_rank.htm

Is there any Artistic Aerobatic competitions outside Europe? On July 31 meeting, only Aeromusical participant numbers will be decided ore also F6D and F6A?

See you soon,
Donatas
May 22, 2008, 11:26 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Don
Thx for update, i was thinking official ranking for WAG was here:
http://wag2009.free.fr/ciam_sel_rank.htm
Hi Donatas,
Yes, this is the present ranking status.
Actually, yes, you are leading, Gernot did enter one selection contest up to now and you two. A first update will take place on June 8 after both of you will have flown in Turin and Gernot will still have the opportunity to enter a third selection contest in Switzerland and even a fourth one in Carvin (well, you'll probably come again to Carvin and it is not forbidden to you to fly in Switzerland too. But let's be realistic, Gernot and you will most probably be among the pilots invited to WAG, so who will be leading the World ranking at the end of November is of moderate importance only.

Quote:
Is there any Artistic Aerobatic competitions outside Europe? On July 31 meeting, only Aeromusical participant numbers will be decided ore also F6D and F6A?
There is no Artistic Aerobatics contest scheduled outside of Europe right now, but it may change. In the US John Glezellis and Mark Leseberg, among others, want to qualify (and in AeroMusicals as well) but it is up to a club to set up a contest, just as the Torrey Pines Gulls do at Poway for gliders, btw at the same time you will be flying in Turin. I also heard that a WAG selection contest is being organized in Argentina. As for the US, it is up to any club to do it, it just needs to be registered to AMA.

The 31 July meeting will set the final number of competitors for all airsports and not only the model events. This will be based on budget (or more precisely on revenues once the major sponsorship, TV rights, etc. contracts have been concluded as all competitors (10 airsports, over 25 events) are invited, all expenses paid in Turin for one week as you know.

FAI guy
Last edited by FAI_guy; May 22, 2008 at 11:47 AM.
May 31, 2008, 03:50 PM
Thread OP
Hi,
Anybody wanting to see an AeroMusicals competition and show in Turin next week end with the top European pilots ?
All details on the World Air Games website WAG 2009
at
AeroMusicals

Practice on Friday, competition on Saturday and Sunday in the magnificent Palaruffini sport palace.

An RC Airship Regatta is also scheduled, should be interesting to see these lighter-than-air racing in the beautiful Palaruffini hall.

FAI guy
Jun 05, 2008, 12:38 PM

WAG qualifier Turin June 7-8th 2008

Good luck to the pilots attending Turin WAG F6B selection competition this weekend 7-8th !

Guy maybe you can keep us informed of the round to round scores ?

Richard
expressfly.co.uk
Jun 05, 2008, 02:04 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard boyd
Good luck to the pilots attending Turin WAG F6B selection competition this weekend 7-8th !

Guy maybe you can keep us informed of the round to round scores ?

Richard
Hi Richard,
Sorry, don't expect a round by round report, I'll be on the field all day long (also for the other WAG classes) and I'll be able to connect only late in the evening once back to the hotel, so I'll merely try to send results and possibly a couple of photographs and/or videos on Saturday and Sunday night, certainly past midnight (Italian time). AeroMusicals begins at 6:30 PM on Saturday and at 7:00 PM on Sunday. Practice tomorrow and Saturday the full afternoon but I will then be at Aeritalia airport for the Artistic Aerobatics and glider events.

FAI guy
Jun 05, 2008, 02:28 PM
Guy you are a marvelous man , so much work involved in the WAG . Thanks for the reply and may the sun shine on Turin . Enjoy the event and keep us all informed .

Richard
Jun 08, 2008, 05:21 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard boyd
Guy you are a marvelous man , so much work involved in the WAG . Thanks for the reply and may the sun shine on Turin . Enjoy the event and keep us all informed .

Richard
Sorry Richard,I have been unable to connect yesterday and tiday will be quite short The competition finished a couple of hours ago and I am just now coming back to the hotel.

So in a few words: the hall is fantastic. Today we had the last qualification round, then semis and finals. The last four pilots were Donatas and Gernot plus Fabien Turpaud from France and Filippo Materazzi from Italy.

Filippo dropped first, then Fabien to leave Donatas and Gernot in the finals. Interestingly, after Donatas leading the first rounds, both pilots got an identical score at semis and Gernot Bruckmann won the finals It had been reversed earlier during the Artistic Aerobatics outdoor contest.

Contrarily to common F3P practice, the pilots were opposite the judges and spectators and this suited everybody. Obviously it cannot be done in the smallest halls, but whenever possible it adds enormously to the interest as everybody can see not only the pilot's face, but his various expressions during the flight

Of special interest: in fifth place we found young Hungarian Gyula Inzsöl who designed and built a new plane after Mons, composed a new flight schedule and progressed enormously. I have no doubt that, should he qualify for the WAG 2009, he would definitely be a serious candidate for a medal. The last news I heard was that there may be a selection contest in Hungary next August to provide more incentive for other Hungarian pilots. With two international selection contests in the calendar (in addition to national contests) counting for qualification (Carvin in France and Dübendorf in Switzerland, both next November) there may still be more surprises.

No photographs today, except one from last Friday of Gernot and Fabien during a practice session.

More later.

FAI guy
Jun 09, 2008, 07:57 AM
Thanks you Guy for this information , the competition sounds really tight ! Well done to all the pilots .

Richard
Jun 12, 2008, 03:21 AM
Weekend was very fun , deffinately something to remember for long time! 3 categories competition for one weekend was little to much, next year i will concentrate only on AA and AM.
This year in Artistic aerobatic class i flew Extreme Flight RC, 58inch Extra, weather conditions was great, so affter interesting fight with some best world pilots i was able to win competition, pictures and videos are much better than thousand words, so enjoy

1.Me/EF 58 inch Extra , 2. Gernot Bruckmann/SebArt Su29 140, 3. Filippo Materazzi SebArt Funtana 140

EF Extra, not average 3d trainer but really capable AA plane.

Lithuania team.

4Minute freestyles;

Donatas Pauzuolis;
http://www.pauzuolis-rc.com/Videos/T...agfinalsDP.wmv

Gernot Bruckmann;
http://www.pauzuolis-rc.com/Videos/T...agfinalsGB.wmv

Filippo Materazzi;
http://www.pauzuolis-rc.com/Videos/T...agfinalsFM.wmv

2 min compulsory flight, (All finalistS had to fly to organizers selected 2min music.)
Donatas Pauzuolis
http://www.pauzuolis-rc.com/Videos/T...mpulsoryDP.wmv
Last edited by 3Don; Jun 12, 2008 at 03:29 AM.
Jun 12, 2008, 03:43 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Weekend was very fun , deffinately something to remember for long time! 3 categories competition for one weekend was little to much, next year i will concentrate only on AA and AM.
Interesting to note: all models, including helicopters, were electric-powered except one.

FAI guy
Jun 12, 2008, 03:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAI_guy
Interesting to note: all models, including helicopters, were electric-powered except one.

FAI guy
Yes, even all gliders use only electric power Looks like everyone love new technology. One more interesting thing i notice, weather in Italy is slightly different from what we have in Lithuania, and same plane act little different. Probably because Turin is much higher above see level than LT.

Fai guy, can you tell where can we see all competition results? And when ranging will be updated?

Thx, in advance,
Donatas,
Last edited by 3Don; Jun 12, 2008 at 04:02 AM.
Jun 12, 2008, 04:14 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Yes, even all gliders use only electric power Looks like everyone love new technology. One more interesting thing i notice, weather in Italy is slightly different from what we have in Lithuania, and same plane act little different. Probably because Turin is much higher above see level than LT.

Fai guy, can you tell where can we see all competition results? And when ranging will be updated?

Donatas,
Well, your last video (finals compulsory) mentions F6B (AeroMusicals) while it should be F6A (Artistic Aerobatics), so actually you are on the wrong forum !

The Hand Thrown Gliders results from Poway have just been received one hour ago, so with a little bit of luck you may expect the updated results and ranking to be published later today.

FAI guy
Jun 12, 2008, 06:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAI_guy
Well, your last video (finals compulsory) mentions F6B (AeroMusicals) while it should be F6A (Artistic Aerobatics), so actually you are on the wrong forum !

The Hand Thrown Gliders results from Poway have just been received one hour ago, so with a little bit of luck you may expect the updated results and ranking to be published later today.

FAI guy
I think all RCgroups visitors find outside AM also interesting same as indoor, besides everyone already saw mine and Gernot indoor routines Here is something you all enjoy

http://www.pauzuolis-rc.com/Videos/T...atasGernot.wmv
Jun 12, 2008, 07:04 AM
Congratulation Donatas,

with your first place in F6A, you demonstrated that size doesn't (always) matter.

Jürgen

P.S.: There is no such thing as outdoor AM. It is called AA = Artistic Aerobatics

Quick Reply