Jan 31, 2010, 11:22 AM
Account closed
Quote:
Originally Posted by nov View Post
Carlos, did you guit using the GWS 4-Blade 10 X 8 X 4 propellers? If you still do, how did it measure? I was thinking of upgrading my corsair with a Turnigy c3536-1100 and a 60 esc - with the possible 4-blade but I was unsure of that setup. Dave
Dave,

I have two T-28 Trojan RC Models from Park Zone, the Airforce and Navy and the Navy still flys with the GWS 4-Blade.

The GWS blade is not that stiff like the MAS 3-Blade so, I would take care on how many RPMs you are going to subject it. I am sure it should be okay as once the model is unloaded in the air the propeller will do fine. I hope you are going to be using nothing above 3-Cell, Li-POLYs on that 1,100kv motor?

Here's my Navy version still flying with the GWS 4-blade!

Park Zone T-28 Trojan NAVY and STOCK swinging the GWS 4-Blade Propeller 09-16-09 (1 min 39 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Jan 31, 2010, 11:35 AM
nov
nov
Garage sale junkie
Carlos, always enjoy your videos!! I have a ton of Rhino 2250 3 cell 11.1v 25c series I use in all my Parkzones.
Jan 31, 2010, 06:59 PM
Always An Old F-4 Crewchief
Turned out to be a cold, dreary day but I felt the need to fly. In the lower 30's and breezy. For us old south Texas folks thats on the dog gone cold side. Got a a 12 minute flight in before the paws froze up. Managed 10 or so landings with only a few bounces. Put 720 mah back into a 2200 mah battery flying mixed throttle. Looks like 10 minute flights are the rule. Worth the trip out despite the weather. You folks up north flying in the snow and frigid cold are my heros.
Latest blog entry: The first F-4 I crewed.
Jan 31, 2010, 07:05 PM
Foam flogger
Great day for flying out here. Gentle breeze and probably close to 60 degrees. Had my T-28 and my UM J-3 out. Think I left my packs charged too long, they were pretty low after 8 minutes of flying.

Hey fuzzy, they still flying T-38s out at Randolph?
Jan 31, 2010, 08:46 PM
Always An Old F-4 Crewchief
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belem View Post
Great day for flying out here. Gentle breeze and probably close to 60 degrees. Had my T-28 and my UM J-3 out. Think I left my packs charged too long, they were pretty low after 8 minutes of flying.

Hey fuzzy, they still flying T-38s out at Randolph?

Yes. They have undergone extensive mods to include upgraded avionics and engines. Lots of changes here the last few years. All the T-37s are gone replaced with T-6A Texan II. T-43s will all be gone by next fall. T-1s still here also.
Latest blog entry: The first F-4 I crewed.
Jan 31, 2010, 10:13 PM
If It Aint Broke,I'll Break It
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyhead View Post
You folks up north flying in the snow and frigid cold are my heros.
Thanks fuzzy
Jan 31, 2010, 11:25 PM
GOD IS GOOD!!!!
Quote:
You folks up north flying in the snow and frigid cold are my heros.
I may be getting too old to be a hero. I had to pass on today. Tell ya the truth I am kinda tired of flying in sub freezing temps. Ive been doing it alot this year and today I decided to let the boys play by themselves. Of course they all had to stop by the house afterwords to razz me (or just warm up)
Jan 31, 2010, 11:25 PM
Thumbflyer
Posting this for a friend.. great looking T28D trojan with an Awesome Canopy Mod. Good work Wayne.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OixkOmgiDMQ
Jan 31, 2010, 11:35 PM
GOD IS GOOD!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by IEATSRT View Post
Posting this for a friend.. great looking T28D trojan with an Awesome Canopy Mod. Good work Wayne.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OixkOmgiDMQ
Your buddy Wayne did a nice job. Which servos did he use on the flaps and canopy? Nice, slow, scale movements.
Feb 01, 2010, 12:14 AM
Foam flogger
Quote:
Yes. They have undergone extensive mods to include upgraded avionics and engines. Lots of changes here the last few years. All the T-37s are gone replaced with T-6A Texan II. T-43s will all be gone by next fall. T-1s still here also.
Haven't seen one of the new Texans yet. And I haven't been back to Randolph since '87, but my brother might be stationed there when he gets back from the sand.
Feb 01, 2010, 01:55 AM
Thumbflyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIXXIN2FLY View Post
Your buddy Wayne did a nice job. Which servos did he use on the flaps and canopy? Nice, slow, scale movements.
Well just an RCGroups friend... wayne intergect here?? I will try and find out for ya...
Feb 01, 2010, 01:58 AM
GOD IS GOOD!!!!
Quote:
Well just an RCGroups friend... wayne intergect here?? I will try and find out for ya...
No prob. Thanks. Youre a good rcg friend for taking the time and helping an onlne bro out. Good man!!! Take your time, not real important, just curious. Not Bi-curious, just curious.
Wayne......Paging Wayne........Anyone seen Wayne????
Feb 01, 2010, 02:08 AM
Thumbflyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIXXIN2FLY View Post
No prob. Thanks. Youre a good rcg friend for taking the time and helping an onlne bro out. Good man!!! Take your time, not real important, just curious. Not Bi-curious, just curious.
Wayne......Paging Wayne........Anyone seen Wayne????
lol.. thanks.... sent him a message. don't know if he is on here all that often as he took a while to get back to me last time but when he does I will let you know. sent him this link also so hopefully he finds it. his user is ht90
Feb 01, 2010, 02:33 AM
GOD IS GOOD!!!!
Quote:
lol.. thanks.... sent him a message. don't know if he is on here all that often as he took a while to get back to me last time but when he does I will let you know. sent him this link also so hopefully he finds it. his user is ht90
No prob, Funny hes not a regular here as it seems he like his Trojan. I just dont get some folks. Either take a liking to the bird and dont seek out the places to get the best ideas/knowledge or have alot of knowledge and dont spread it around, or dont know where to spread it to. I hope Wayne finds us, I think he fits in well here.

Quick Reply