Parkzone T-28 Trojan Thread Part 2 - Page 782 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Jan 23, 2010, 10:12 AM
Certified ground locator.
Ompapamowmow's Avatar
crashed and burned a few months ago. Rebuilding brand new today. all the electronics survived except 1 servo. can i use an eflite s75 in its place?
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jan 23, 2010, 10:44 AM
Faith Alone...In Christ Alone
faithalone's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ompapamowmow
crashed and burned a few months ago. Rebuilding brand new today. all the electronics survived except 1 servo. can i use an eflite s75 in its place?
I just went through this this week as a matter of fact -

it depends on which servo you are talking about? if it is one of your aileron servos then it will not work unless you use a reverser on the servo because the eflite and parkzone servos go in different directions.

also if it is for the aileron you will need a 12 inch extension with the eflite as well.

if for another servo (rudder or elevator) then it should work just fine with no hassles.

good luck
Jan 23, 2010, 10:55 AM
Certified ground locator.
Ompapamowmow's Avatar
ok oh...well i have 4 of each servo and plenty of extentions. which is better the stock servos or the eflite s75?
Jan 23, 2010, 11:13 AM
Faith Alone...In Christ Alone
faithalone's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ompapamowmow
ok oh...well i have 4 of each servo and plenty of extentions. which is better the stock servos or the eflite s75?
i would prefer to stay with stock - but again this would depend on which servo is out - for example - on ailerons i always like to keep the same servo on each wing so the torque - travel etc. is the same -

if it is the rudder or elevator i woudnt mind putting another brand of servo such as the eflite in there and if necessary you can reverse it on your transmitter.

personally i also dont like to use extensions whenever i can get away with it because it is just one more point that it could possibly fail - the stock parkzone servo for the aileron comes with the long servo wires -

it is part number pkz1081

have fun
Jan 23, 2010, 05:25 PM
Registered User
danhfvcsd's Avatar
Hey guys, I only get a chance to fly mainly in the late arvo, so needed a paintjob to brighten it up so I can see it better...

It's a REALLY dodgey job, totally backyarder, but it's good enough for me - I will never notice the problems when it's flying - I just need to get a better idea of orientation...

I just used "white knight" brand gloss acrylic enamel paint... 'cherry red' and 'sun yellow' - I use a sharpie to go over my rush job and cover up my lines as I didn't mask anything... I'm lazy and live in a 1bdrm aprtmt so it's easiest for me to do this way without mrs cracking it lol

The paint shop guy recommended it as I took a piece of foam in with me. I think I should have gt a decent brush tho, as the bristles on the little cheapo one I got were a bit stiff and hard to paint with... Not that I'm a picasso of any type hehehe

Anyways, sorry bout the useless blabbering, I have a habit of that... Here's my plane now







this is the picture I stole ideas from

Jan 23, 2010, 05:41 PM
Registered User
Toppers's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by danhfvcsd
Hey guys, I only get a chance to fly mainly in the late arvo, so needed a paintjob to brighten it up so I can see it better...

It's a REALLY dodgey job, totally backyarder, but it's good enough for me - I will never notice the problems when it's flying - I just need to get a better idea of orientation...

I just used "white knight" brand gloss acrylic enamel paint... 'cherry red' and 'sun yellow' - I use a sharpie to go over my rush job and cover up my lines as I didn't mask anything... I'm lazy and live in a 1bdrm aprtmt so it's easiest for me to do this way without mrs cracking it lol

The paint shop guy recommended it as I took a piece of foam in with me. I think I should have gt a decent brush tho, as the bristles on the little cheapo one I got were a bit stiff and hard to paint with... Not that I'm a picasso of any type hehehe

Anyways, sorry bout the useless blabbering, I have a habit of that... Here's my plane now
Hi Dan,

You don't do yourself justice... the top side looks awesome, the bottom side...hmm .... I prefer the top.

A great paint job to up the visability, nice one.
Jan 23, 2010, 06:38 PM
Registered User
danhfvcsd's Avatar
Hahaha yeah, the bottom is a bit wrank, I know lol... but I figured I'd make it 'busier' so I have no doubt which side I am looking at - I have had a few mishaps due to this problem with my eyes... One such incident just a week ago sent me into snake country, about 35 meters in, and with reeds about 7-8 feet tall - was a real Steve Irwin experience hehehe

I'm just starting out with planes, but have been playing with cars and trucks for a few years now - I'm really surprised at just how much cheaper these planes are than their land RC counterparts, I love em and am having so much fun with this Trojan...

I'm a bit of a tinkerer, so I added flaps to this aswell which are really fun to play with... I smashed the motor on a previous flight (-lol- that was a good one) so the LHS gave me a turnigy edrive 2820/07... A bit big I thought, but all he had that would fit, and it runs well and cool with an apc 10x7... I also added a taller front wheel cause I can run an 11x5.5 aswell
Jan 23, 2010, 08:34 PM
Registered User
twister782's Avatar
thanks to all who helped with battery location / CG. Flew it today. wow! what a difference, flew great. if weather holds out I will hit the sky's again tomorrow
Jan 23, 2010, 08:38 PM
Registered User
twister782's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by wamsy55
Thank you ,

The T-28 is my first plane and its still going ... but now it has an Axi 2808/20.

It hauls , fastest one at the field ... not bad for a 15 year old bozo.

I am going to build a nice Leadfeather Yak 55 if the weather is bad tomorrow.
you will like the Yak! one tip, light
Jan 23, 2010, 09:33 PM
Fly Low
wamsy55's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by twister782
you will like the Yak! one tip, light
I have built one before ... it was a heavy little bugger .... it never flew right.

I instead started on a big glider with an easystar wing ... I might try to tow it up with my T-28.
Jan 23, 2010, 10:15 PM
disabled and broke
FIXXIN2FLY's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by twister782
thanks to all who helped with battery location / CG. Flew it today. wow! what a difference, flew great. if weather holds out I will hit the sky's again tomorrow
Glad to hear it worked out for ya.
Jan 23, 2010, 10:54 PM
Registered User
robj's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithalone
I just went through this this week as a matter of fact -

it depends on which servo you are talking about? if it is one of your aileron servos then it will not work unless you use a reverser on the servo because the eflite and parkzone servos go in different directions.

also if it is for the aileron you will need a 12 inch extension with the eflite as well.

if for another servo (rudder or elevator) then it should work just fine with no hassles.

good luck
If you use like(the same exact kind, installed facing each other) servos you do not need a reverser.
Jan 24, 2010, 05:36 AM
Faith Alone...In Christ Alone
faithalone's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by robj
If you use like(the same exact kind, installed facing each other) servos you do not need a reverser.

thats exactly what i was trying to say - thanks for simplifying that for me -
Jan 24, 2010, 03:55 PM
Registered User
*Voodoo*'s Avatar
Hi guys...i got my new t-28d ready today..installed a 6200 rx...and adjusted everything...she is ready to fly....

I bought 2 Flightmax 2200 30c lipos....now should i set my timer to 5 minutes or more???I have no idea how long a flight will last on these lipos..

Thanks
Jan 24, 2010, 04:54 PM
Foam flogger
Stock prop and motor? Then probably closer to 7-8 minutes assuming you're not WOT 100% of the time.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Article ParkZone T-28 Trojan RTF Review Jim Walker Electric Warbirds 893 Oct 31, 2016 12:25 AM
Official Parkzone P-51 Owners Thread - Part 2 monitor Parkflyers 2602 Jun 15, 2014 04:51 PM
Discussion Parkzone T-28 Trojan Thread Edge767 Parkflyers 6527 Jun 04, 2008 05:29 AM
Sold Parkzone T-28 Trojan, 480 960kv Motors (2) Joe in Dublin Aircraft - Electric - Power Systems (FS/W) 4 Jan 17, 2008 01:34 PM
Wanted Parkzone T-28 Trojan webejpn01 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 4 Oct 25, 2007 02:48 PM