Dec 14, 2009, 05:07 PM
If It Aint Broke,I'll Break It
Quote:
Originally Posted by divemasterphil
Have you got some video on the water yet? Please post
It will probably be quite some time before I get video off of water. I am in northern Utah and we finally got our cold snap and snow recently. I will try to get some video off of snow soon if you are at all interested in that.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 14, 2009, 11:38 PM
I adjusted my ailerons today. They were on the outermost hole so I put them on the second hole. This should give me a bit more roll.

Also I was looking at the elevator wing and it seems like mine is slightly slanted to one side. I think my fuselage isnt perfectly straight. Oh well it flies pretty darn straight.

If its nice wednesday I may get a couple flights in after work to test out the adjustments.
Dec 15, 2009, 11:30 AM
Does anyone use thread lock in their T-28's? would you recommend it anywhere in particular?

Thx
Dec 15, 2009, 12:11 PM
I use it on my prop spinner (to make sure prop doesnt come off) It does make removing a prop alot harder though, I also used it on the screw holding my front wheel until that white plastic piece cracked on me, Dubro steering arm on its way to me as we speak :-P
Dec 15, 2009, 12:33 PM
disabled and broke
DO NOT use thread locker on anything that resembles plastic or you will have a ball of gum in a couple hours. Be warned. I dont use it on anything unless absolutely the last resort.
Dec 15, 2009, 02:28 PM
OK I'm at work and Im having withdrawals. I flew my t28 for the first time this past weekend and I want to fly some more but I'm stuck here at the office.

Its cold and windy today too. But tomorrow its going to be 53, mostly sunny and only 7 mph winds. Im bringing my plane to work and stopping at the field on the way home. Cant wait to test out the more aggressive aileron throws I set on my plane.
Dec 15, 2009, 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by G4ORCE
Have you flown her on this setup? just wondering whether there is a HUGE difference in performance from stock.....
Huge only begins to descibe it. Yes you'll notice it.
Dec 15, 2009, 07:25 PM
cjg
cjg
"Pull up, pull up!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG99
OK I'm at work and Im having withdrawals. I flew my t28 for the first time this past weekend and I want to fly some more but I'm stuck here at the office.

Its cold and windy today too. But tomorrow its going to be 53, mostly sunny and only 7 mph winds. Im bringing my plane to work and stopping at the field on the way home. Cant wait to test out the more aggressive aileron throws I set on my plane.
Cold and windy? In Dallas? I'm at 16 below zero, with windchill to 25 below. No flying for a while for me. My lipo's wouldn't perform if I wanted to try flying.
Dec 15, 2009, 08:47 PM
We can still hand launch it !!

key chain camera drivers

got my $13 key chain camera today.
Not bad only took 13 days to ship from Hong Kong

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=160380851899

Of course for $13 you don't get the CD with the software and drivers. Anyone know a place online to download what I need??
Dec 15, 2009, 10:35 PM
disabled and broke
Quote:
Originally Posted by captjoey42
got my $13 key chain camera today.
Not bad only took 13 days to ship from Hong Kong

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=160380851899

Of course for $13 you don't get the CD with the software and drivers. Anyone know a place online to download what I need??
Im not sure but I was under the impression that you dont need any drivers or software. I believe thats what the ad that I saw said.
Dec 16, 2009, 04:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIXXIN2FLY
Im not sure but I was under the impression that you dont need any drivers or software. I believe thats what the ad that I saw said.
I got it to take video (It's really cool) and watched it on my CPU but I think I might need a file to set the correct time on the clock. Anyone had any luck with this ???
Dec 16, 2009, 04:31 AM
I have to land it??$#%@!!

Motor Shaft Snap Rings

I have a question...the small snap rings on the motor shafts have been nearly impossible for me to remove without damaging them. Is there a tool small enough to use on these thing or do I just need to purchase a bunch of snap rings? I did get some snap ring pliers but were too large for these snap rings.

Tom
Dec 16, 2009, 05:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captjoey42
I got it to take video (It's really cool) and watched it on my CPU but I think I might need a file to set the correct time on the clock. Anyone had any luck with this ???
i saw this a while back and saved the page number, so the info you are after is here at post 6592

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...67504&page=440

cheers chuck
Last edited by ChuckTseeker; Dec 16, 2009 at 05:12 AM. Reason: Adding Info
Dec 16, 2009, 05:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckTseeker
i saw this a while back and saved the page number, so the info you are after is here at post 6592

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...67504&page=440

cheers chuck
Worked like a charm the first try!!
can't wait to take it for a ride
Thanks for the help
Dec 16, 2009, 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlewter
I have a question...the small snap rings on the motor shafts have been nearly impossible for me to remove without damaging them. Is there a tool small enough to use on these thing or do I just need to purchase a bunch of snap rings? I did get some snap ring pliers but were too large for these snap rings.

Tom
I don't remove it,just get it out of the grove then push shaft threw motor.