Sep 08, 2008, 03:57 PM
Wood flight decks, guns only!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy70
Thanks for the reply.

After doing some more searching and reading the zillion posts about COG on this bird I think I'll forget the 2.5" and just go with it...
Yep, don't sweat it. Go fly and have fun!
to remove ads between posts
Sep 08, 2008, 05:53 PM

Ntw

Quote:
Originally Posted by VF84Sluggo
Yep, don't sweat it. Go fly and have fun!
Just remember a nose heavy plane flys ill and tail heavy plane flys once!!
Sep 08, 2008, 07:27 PM
Fly it like you stole it..
Quote:
but my father's brand new, soon(like maybe tonight) to be maidened, comes in at 1 7/8" with the stock battery in the stock location.
This is actually going to be a nose heavy condition.. It should fly.. It'd be much better to try it like that and with it at say 3.5" back..

Either way, I bet you change it eventually..

Jeff
www.CommonSenseRC.com
Sep 08, 2008, 07:37 PM
RC = FUN
MAIDENED IT TODAY!!!!!!!

WOW!!!! I just maidened my t-28... WHAT AN AMAZING PLANE!!!!! I started on the Hobbyzone Supercub and had maybe 1-2 hrs. of total sim time. IT FLEW AWESOME!!!!!! I had no trouble at all with it. I was doing loops, rolls, inverted, and more within minutes of my first ever aileron plane. I thought going from a 3 channel to a 4 channel were going to be hard, but man it was easier than expected. I took off on full throttle and was going to have a heart attack for fear of crashing. But the flight went well, I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS AS A SECOND PLANE. It was easy to fly, and came RTF. the t-28 is a perfect plane. -FLYBOY
Sep 08, 2008, 09:00 PM
raz
raz
Sportin my new 'do'
Quote:
Speaking of COG.... I know it's supposed to be 2.5" as per manufact., but my father's brand new, soon(like maybe tonight) to be maidened, comes in at 1 7/8" with the stock battery in the stock location. Will it fly ok like this, or do I need to push the battery back a ton and use the 2.5"? Kinda sucky that a bone stock setup won't come close to balancing where "they" say it should....

Appreciate any quick responses as we plan to fly it in a couple hours...

Thanks
Sam

After you get used to flying it like that try moving the COG from 2.25" to 2.5" (slide the battery back), it's even more aerobatic.
Sep 08, 2008, 09:05 PM
OOPS
flyboy congrats on your maiden.glad you like your new bird..im still likin mine after probly 50 flights or so..still stock except added flaps
Sep 08, 2008, 09:25 PM
PSALM 14:1
Quote:
Originally Posted by VF84Sluggo
You'll be fine. Go fly and report back!

You're right--all was well Maidened it tonight for my father (his plane)--very nice flying bird. I can see why there's a zillion posts about this thing. He flew it for quite a good bit with our trainer cable and did just fine. He's got a few flights on his E-flite Jenny biplane and that's it. Flew it with the stock battery for about 8 minutes and only used 700mah. Flew it for 10 minutes with a 2250mah and only used 1000mah. Looks like you can get some nice long flight times if you keep it off the throttle stop It was a nice plane to land too--settled right in and didn't balloon when near the ground. Now to try his new Parkzone F4U
Sep 08, 2008, 10:12 PM
Wood flight decks, guns only!
Quote:
You're right--all was well Maidened it tonight for my father (his plane)--very nice flying bird. I can see why there's a zillion posts about this thing. He flew it for quite a good bit with our trainer cable and did just fine. He's got a few flights on his E-flite Jenny biplane and that's it. Flew it with the stock battery for about 8 minutes and only used 700mah. Flew it for 10 minutes with a 2250mah and only used 1000mah. Looks like you can get some nice long flight times if you keep it off the throttle stop It was a nice plane to land too--settled right in and didn't balloon when near the ground. Now to try his new Parkzone F4U
Glad it worked out for you! You are gonna love this plane. It's my go-to bird for sure...enjoy!
Sep 08, 2008, 10:12 PM

AR6100 receiver in T-28

Anyone using the AR6100 receiver in the T-28? Have an extra and am thinking about using it in my T-28. I reall need about 3 AR6200 or AR7000 for my other RC.
Sep 08, 2008, 10:15 PM
Foam flies better
How long does this usually take to ship from horizon? I ordered it yesterday and am waiting axiously. I assume about 3 days since I live in kentucky and they are shipping from illinois... But I got not tracking order yet. Just flew my p-47 again yesterday. Looked great but with the bomb I added on the bottom, wheels, wheel covers on both the front and the back, it flew like crap. Need to dump a bunch of that stuff from this lovely plane and get her flying right again.
Sep 09, 2008, 01:08 AM
Suspended Account
yes power 10 does work with 4 cell
tried it today

quote me now!
Sep 09, 2008, 01:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by David22
tried it today

quote me now!
ok sir, done

Quote:
Originally Posted by David22
tried it today

quote me now!
Sep 09, 2008, 07:21 AM
I feel the need for speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Luttrell
Anyone using the AR6100 receiver in the T-28? Have an extra and am thinking about using it in my T-28. I reall need about 3 AR6200 or AR7000 for my other RC.
I use the AR6100e with no problems what-so-ever. Upgraded ver 1.6, though, why chance it?
Sep 09, 2008, 07:55 AM
Suspended Account
lol
I have no idea what the implications will be but one day i will find out.

next experiment will be useing the stock motor on 4 cells

chuck I don't see you in the picture , they are all bald! lol

but looks to me that they are in flying formation lol
Sep 09, 2008, 08:26 AM
OOPS

ar6100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Luttrell

Thats whats in mine Thomas.I only flew it on stock rx and tx about 2 or 3 times,then switched to spectrum.been flying like that ever since..you can fly it further than you can see it so be carefull in that respect

Quick Reply