Sep 07, 2008, 09:18 PM
What smoke?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdine1us
thanks Jeff, I reviewed the manual twice and missed it somehow! And didn't even think about going to Horizons site, thinking all I would find would be a PDF of what I already had! Okay, back to the manual and apparently remedial reading class! LOL!
T-28 Trojan PNP

Important Bulletins
ParkZone T-28 Center of Gravity location

It has come to our attention that the center of gravity (CG) location for the ParkZone T-28 has been omitted from the instruction manual. The optimal CG location for the T-28 is located approximately 2.5" behind the leading edge of the wing when measured at 1" out from the side of the fuselage.

Please call 1-877-504-0233 if you have any questions.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

ParkZone

www.ParkZone.com

Found this on there site.
Hope it helps.

Lostlad
to remove ads between posts
Sep 07, 2008, 09:47 PM
Foam flies better
What wheel size upgrades are decent for this plane? The stock wheels are ugly and seem too small...
Sep 07, 2008, 09:50 PM
Fly it like you stole it..
LOL.. I'm using the stock wheels.. I think they are 1".. You could try 2" wheels..
Sep 07, 2008, 10:14 PM
Doing it in the Lateral Axis
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdine1us
thanks Jeff, I reviewed the manual twice and missed it somehow! And didn't even think about going to Horizons site, thinking all I would find would be a PDF of what I already had! Okay, back to the manual and apparently remedial reading class! LOL!

well..looks like your not an idiot after all. I also could not find the COG in the manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostlad
T-28 Trojan PNP

Important Bulletins
ParkZone T-28 Center of Gravity location

It has come to our attention that the center of gravity (CG) location for the ParkZone T-28 has been omitted from the instruction manual. The optimal CG location for the T-28 is located approximately 2.5" behind the leading edge of the wing when measured at 1" out from the side of the fuselage.

Please call 1-877-504-0233 if you have any questions.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

ParkZone

www.ParkZone.com

Found this on there site.
Hope it helps.

Lostlad
Sep 07, 2008, 10:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tram
It scoots pretty good on the 10x7.. If you want to go faster, your gonna have to throw another motor in the front of it.. On the E10-12 it can almost get too fast.. The airframe is just too draggy..

I need a new one already.. I have beat the tar outta this one.. LOL
Corsair! I flew mine today with a Power 10 and an 11x4e prop. It is much faster than the T-28 because the fuselage is much smaller on the Corsair.
Sep 07, 2008, 11:15 PM
I want to believe
okay, I'm a dope, but it turns out that there's a bulletin on the Horizon site about the omission of CG data in the manual. At any rate, it says the ideal CG is approximately 2.5" from the leading edge when measured one inch from the sides of the fuselage.I'm all set!
Sep 08, 2008, 12:01 AM
Suspended Account
Ok for you guys interested in MODs and for you guys who have doubted me I have made a video for ya.

http://www.vimeo.com/1688638
Sep 08, 2008, 12:16 AM
Foam flies better
Just ordered one. 3rd parzone plane. Now well see if I like it. So far 1 has rocked and one kinda sucked.
Sep 08, 2008, 12:38 AM

Mr Fly or Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly Or Die
Just ordered one. 3rd parzone plane. Now well see if I like it. So far 1 has rocked and one kinda sucked.
This T-28 is not Sucky at all... I think you will like it...Then the F4U Corsair..PKZ also...

Cheers VietVet -
Now they (ParkZone) needs to do the A-1H Skyraider to complete the Radial Triad.

The SkyRaider was an "Awsum" marine close air support vehicle... Just F**kin scarry.. 16 hard points and center drop capabilities.. Turn around on a soccer field... You have to see it to belive it...
Sep 08, 2008, 12:51 AM
I Love 30mm
I picked up 2 props just gor grins when I was in town today (only because going to town to the LHS means a 3 hr drive). I impulsed bought a 10x5 and a 10x6 (both 2 bladed). Are those worth a darn on the stock T-28?
Sep 08, 2008, 08:24 AM
Foam flies better
Quote:
Originally Posted by VietVet
This T-28 is not Sucky at all... I think you will like it...Then the F4U Corsair..PKZ also...

Cheers VietVet -
Now they (ParkZone) needs to do the A-1H Skyraider to complete the Radial Triad.

The SkyRaider was an "Awsum" marine close air support vehicle... Just F**kin scarry.. 16 hard points and center drop capabilities.. Turn around on a soccer field... You have to see it to belive it...
Its still ugly as sin...
Sep 08, 2008, 03:36 PM
PSALM 14:1

COG Help

Speaking of COG.... I know it's supposed to be 2.5" as per manufact., but my father's brand new, soon(like maybe tonight) to be maidened, comes in at 1 7/8" with the stock battery in the stock location. Will it fly ok like this, or do I need to push the battery back a ton and use the 2.5"? Kinda sucky that a bone stock setup won't come close to balancing where "they" say it should....

Appreciate any quick responses as we plan to fly it in a couple hours...

Thanks
Sam
Sep 08, 2008, 03:48 PM
Sammy - I wouldn't worry too much about it. I've put a bigger motor in and fly bigger battery packs than stock, which has pushed my COG forward a bit. I think my balances close to 1.5" back from the LE. As a result, it glides a bit faster but is still very stable and docile. I would recommend getting to a decent altitude before you ease back the throttle so you can watch how she performs at slower speeds. If she's sinking too quickly, you may need to adjust your COG, but I would be surprised if you needed to.
Sep 08, 2008, 03:50 PM
Wood flight decks, guns only!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy70
Speaking of COG.... I know it's supposed to be 2.5" as per manufact., but my father's brand new, soon(like maybe tonight) to be maidened, comes in at 1 7/8" with the stock battery in the stock location. Will it fly ok like this, or do I need to push the battery back a ton and use the 2.5"? Kinda sucky that a bone stock setup won't come close to balancing where "they" say it should....

Appreciate any quick responses as we plan to fly it in a couple hours...

Thanks
Sam
I had no problems whatsoever with the stock battery/location as you described. Mine never came in that far aft, either. Being forward of recommended CG location just makes the plane more stable...now, going aft of the recommended COG is a whole different ballgame.

You'll be fine. Go fly and report back!
Sep 08, 2008, 03:50 PM
PSALM 14:1

re

Thanks for the reply.

After doing some more searching and reading the zillion posts about COG on this bird I think I'll forget the 2.5" and just go with it...

Quick Reply