Oct 13, 2019, 05:51 AM
Right Rudder
Quote:
Originally Posted by vahiker99
After pushing the front landing gear a few times thru the firewall and trying different fixes with a block behind the gear, I finally came up with a fix that has been working for me.

I have used this fix for a couple months now and so far it has been sound. Ignore Gorilla glue behind my fix. That is left over from previous fixes and I have not gotten around to making it pretty.

Hey! A few months ago, I have been looking at this possibility but, I lost track of the name of the model which has this FANTASTIC TRUE TRAINER Nose Wheel Strut made of a Spring that will AVOID tearing up the Frontal Fuse or the Nose Wheel Mount!

CHECK PARTS LIST!

I believe they have provided a VIDEO with Slow Motion Effects.
http://www.fmsmodel.com/fms-1220mm-48-ranger-pnp

FMS 1220mm Ranger 152-Flight video (3 min 51 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Oct 22, 2019, 05:41 PM
Old F-4 Crewchief
Ironic you posted the video of the Ranger. After 7 or so years without a T-28, I’ll be adding one to my fleet soon. I was scanning this thread to remind me just how much fun these are. I bought a Ranger a few months ago. What a blast to fly. Slow or fast. My local field is sun baked grass resulting in numerous hidden ground cracks. The flexing nose gear eats it up. Not the least bit worried about the nose folding. Hard landings are also not a concern. I do mostly short field landing practice on asphalt. Will probably wear out the tires before I damage it.
My last T-28 was the Air Force version. Navy this time.
Latest blog entry: The first F-4 I crewed.
Oct 22, 2019, 10:32 PM
Explorer, T-28, Night Radian
I found the flat spot on the front wheel strut is below where to set screw contacts the wire, so I took my dremel and ground a bit more off at the top end of the flat spot.

Really nice flying aircraft. I installed 2.5" wheels and a 40 amp ESC from my goody box. Actually did everything twice, as I have one for my winter hanger in Arizona and one to take North in the spring for my summer hanger in NW Washington.
Oct 23, 2019, 10:59 AM
EthanRC
Well after 2 weeks with no flying, I think its about time for me to take it out flying. with some other warbirds. The weather is gonna be great today. I can't wait till this day of school is over.
Oct 25, 2019, 12:34 PM
Old F-4 Crewchief
Once again l’m amazed with Horizon Hobby. I ordered my T-28 late Wednesday afternoon. Box arrived an hour ago. Hope to fly tomorrow weather permitting. Cold front went through last night. Very windy.

All together and ready to go. Ran into a small issue. The plastic guide piece on the fuselage that the wing guide pins go into during installation was installed crooked. About an 1/8" high on one side. Had to pull it out and epoxy it back in correctly. All else is good.
Last edited by fuzzyhead; Oct 26, 2019 at 09:27 AM.
Oct 27, 2019, 01:53 PM
Retired
Your going to love the Navy version fuzzyhead, I have had both and the white one was my first and second plane just after a HZ Supercub. Liked the plane so much I bought a grey /airforce one as a back-up. Just lately started to fly the grey one lately and I cannot see it as well in the air at distance. The white was just so. Unchanged easier to see at height and distance regarding orientation. Got to get the Navy one rebuilt soon, but it has served me well and the T-28 is just an awesome flyer. For some reason they never get boring.
Oct 27, 2019, 07:44 PM
Explorer, T-28, Night Radian
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony K
Your going to love the Navy version fuzzyhead, I have had both and the white one was my first and second plane just after a HZ Supercub. Liked the plane so much I bought a grey /airforce one as a back-up. Just lately started to fly the grey one lately and I cannot see it as well in the air at distance. The white was just so. Unchanged easier to see at height and distance regarding orientation. Got to get the Navy one rebuilt soon, but it has served me well and the T-28 is just an awesome flyer. For some reason they never get boring.
I flew the original Formosa for years as my favorite plane. It was fast and small at 34" WS. I flew 2 or 3 mistakes high and out away from others. I would loose orientation once in a while and have to fly treading to get it turned around and headed back. I wish someone would build a PNP version of this aircraft. My favorite then became the HH FMS Explorer. Recently I bought the 1.1M T-28 and it is fun and easy to fly. AND I am flying it close in and low, no mistakes high. It is so well mannered and FUN that I do not see a problem. Sold off some RC stuff and tiring to decide on the NEXT aircraft. I have a Northern hanger in NW Washington and a Southern hanger in the East Valley of Phoenix, so it is two each for the keepers. I have the second T-28 setup and back in it's box to take North in the spring. two Explorers, and two Jetstar EDFs.

Planes I am considering for a next plane, and if it is a winner I will have two:

Pitts 850 MM PNP, 750mm
Edge 540 PNP(soon to be released)
Extra 300 3D 1.3m PNP
MXS V2 PNP, 1100mm: Green (ROH021P)
Timber X 1.2m PNP (EFL3875)

I have switched from Spetkrum to FrSky radios as my brother has given me three of them. I have a 4 in1 module on order so I could fly a HH UMX plane if I can get it to correctly bind to the X9 lite or X lite radio. My main radio is now a Horus X12S with OpenTX. Flying RX6R receivers with FrSky Smart Port Mini Lipo Voltage Sensor (MLVSS) in the aircrafts.

Chris
Oct 27, 2019, 10:25 PM
Time to Fly AJ's Best!
I have the Navy one for sale with parts. Has 3 flights on it. I got a Timber X now.

Shipping cost the issue. I’m in Ohio.

Warren
Nov 03, 2019, 07:07 PM
Old F-4 Crewchief
Finally got a chance to get her in the air. Just as stable and responsive as I remembered it to be. No trim adjustments needed. Forgot to have a little speed on landing to prevent bouncing. May eventually pull off the landing gear but for now I have both grass and asphalt to fly off of. My last T-28 was the AF version. The Navy version is much easier to see against a pale sky. Great to have one back in my hangar.
Last edited by fuzzyhead; Nov 04, 2019 at 05:04 AM.
Nov 07, 2019, 06:25 PM
Right Rudder
Quote:
Originally Posted by heritageflyer
I have the Navy one for sale with parts. Has 3 flights on it. I got a Timber X now.

Shipping cost the issue. Iím in Ohio.

Warren
Can't find the FOR-SALE-AD?

Quick Reply