Parkzone T-28 Trojan Thread Part 2 - Page 2 - RC Groups
May 21, 2008, 11:30 AM
LET'S GO PENS
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbonut
I can do better than that...add to cart and you will see!
http://www.airlandhobbies.com/catalo...7380267666.htm
And we have all the parts in our store..if its not on the site just call us and I will get it for you..
That's pretty cool that you get a free battery.
to remove ads between posts
May 21, 2008, 11:47 AM
Trons and Fumes
I may have to jump on the Albatross as my first step into DF. Sweet!
May 21, 2008, 01:31 PM
Squawking 1200
Question for the guys who have painted their Trojan. Ive heard that the yellow krylon works great, but im looking for black and white. I believe i heard someone say that some of the fusion colors will damage the foam, is that true? What do you guys use for b & w spray paint?
May 21, 2008, 01:59 PM
uh oh...
I have not tested it yet but i know that krylon has the h2o series of spray paints that are foam safe...

Might be worth looking into. I don't know how they compare the the fusion series though.

(i suggest it because both black and white are available, you can read more about it here )
May 21, 2008, 02:13 PM
Philippians 4:13
I am about 99% positive that you do not have to use water based spray paint on this type of foam. FYI
May 21, 2008, 03:35 PM
Heli Crasher
Thanks for the great summary, darenm!

Just picked up a PnP T-28 the other day. Put in an AR6100e and set up my DX6i, except; I don't know how to program in down elevator when I turn the ailerons into landing flaps. If someone could let me know how to do this I would greatly appreciate it.

Hoping to maiden my T-28 this weekend. Would try and make the field tonight, but the missus' birthday is tomorrow and I need to do some shopping (especially since I got this for myself 2 days ago ).
May 21, 2008, 03:39 PM
Trons and Fumes
I think the consensus is do NOT use the ailerons for flaps. They are too far out on the wing. I am sure I will be corrected if I misunderstood.
May 21, 2008, 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SROlmeda
Question for the guys who have painted their Trojan. Ive heard that the yellow krylon works great, but im looking for black and white. I believe i heard someone say that some of the fusion colors will damage the foam, is that true? What do you guys use for b & w spray paint?
I painted the bottom of the wing with Fusion satin black, works great.
May 21, 2008, 10:22 PM
OK...I'm going to ask...which thread do we continue to post in? There was a mention in the part 1 that this thread was going to start. But, the first thread is still going. Do I need to monitor two threads now?

Dave
May 21, 2008, 10:59 PM
LET'S GO PENS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArsonDave
OK...I'm going to ask...which thread do we continue to post in? There was a mention in the part 1 that this thread was going to start. But, the first thread is still going. Do I need to monitor two threads now?

Dave
I would assume that everything would be carried on to this new thread and start being discussed here and that the old one would start dying off.
May 21, 2008, 11:19 PM
Need More "Roon" 4 planes
Excellent compilation of links Darenm, I'm in on this thread now
May 22, 2008, 02:02 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian_ryeng
I have not tested it yet but i know that krylon has the h2o series of spray paints that are foam safe...

Might be worth looking into. I don't know how they compare the the fusion series though.

(i suggest it because both black and white are available, you can read more about it here )
h2o sticks very well

wow the first post really says it all
May 22, 2008, 09:17 AM
Philippians 4:13
Actually, when I was posting on the 1st thread, I thought I was here... oops
May 22, 2008, 12:38 PM
R.I.P. Mom & Airshow Friends!
This is the new 10X5 prop by MAS, I would really like to try this one. (Click pic for site)

*Maybe someone should contact a Moderator to close the first thread, the guy that started the first one has not posted since o7.
May 22, 2008, 04:12 PM
LET'S GO PENS
Ok guys, i received my Castle Creations Berg ms4l today and i am attempting to install it. I am using the stock transmitter with this BERG receiver and i am having a little issue. Here is how i have everything hooked up.

Ch1 Throttle
Ch2 Ailerons
Ch3 Elevator
Ch4 Rudder

When i turn everything on it all seems fine but i am only getting inputs for throttle and elevator and nothing else. I have tried switching the rudder and aileron plugs with each other and i am still not getting rudder or ailerons movement. I have also tried moving all the plugs around and i noticed that Ch1 and Ch3 work with any control surface plugged into it but ch2 and ch4 don't work no matter what is in it. I have found that Ch1 is for throttle and Ch3 is for elevator though. What could be the problem? Does anyones know how to set up a BERG receiver with the stock transmitter?

I am also using the stock TX crystal with a BERG crystal in the RX, they are both on the same channel but could this be the issue?

Could my receiver be defective?
JW
Last edited by JDOUBLEYOU; May 22, 2008 at 05:27 PM.