Thread Tools
Old Jan 31, 2013, 11:34 PM
PittSpecial is online now
Find More Posts by PittSpecial
Right Rudder
PittSpecial's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Coast DJ View Post

Just FYI for those looking for replacement motors - the HobbyPartz Exceed Optima 480 series motors are bolt-on compatible. I now have a 910 kv version, which is probably equivilant to the stock PZ motor. The 1020 kv version should provide more punch!
Wow! This is perfect to swing a Four Blade Propeller!

http://www.hobbypartz.com/75m50-opti...0-910kv-2.html

Thanks Left Coast DJ
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 01, 2013, 12:00 AM
Realms is online now
Find More Posts by Realms
Family, Work, FPV!
Realms's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by PittSpecial View Post
Wow! This is perfect to swing a Four Blade Propeller!

http://www.hobbypartz.com/75m50-opti...0-910kv-2.html

Thanks Left Coast DJ
Out of interest, why would you run a four blade on the Trojan?
Old Feb 01, 2013, 12:13 AM
PittSpecial is online now
Find More Posts by PittSpecial
Right Rudder
PittSpecial's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Realms View Post
Out of interest, why would you run a four blade on the Trojan?
Why not?

It is just not scale but, what the heck
Park Zone T-28 Trojan STOCK with GWS 4-Blade Prop 09-16-09 (1 min 39 sec)
Old Feb 01, 2013, 12:19 AM
PittSpecial is online now
Find More Posts by PittSpecial
Right Rudder
PittSpecial's Avatar
Ha!

Old Feb 01, 2013, 12:24 AM
Realms is online now
Find More Posts by Realms
Family, Work, FPV!
Realms's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by PittSpecial View Post
Why not?

It is just not scale but, what the heck
http://vimeo.com/6618893
Me personally, I wouldn't sacrifice flight time as the four blade is less efficient than a 3 or even better 2 blade prop. Looks cool though and would sound nice
Old Feb 01, 2013, 12:25 AM
PittSpecial is online now
Find More Posts by PittSpecial
Right Rudder
PittSpecial's Avatar
That is the GWS 4-Blade, 10 X 8 X 4 and it is very efficient.

I get more flight time than the others!
Old Feb 01, 2013, 12:28 AM
Realms is online now
Find More Posts by Realms
Family, Work, FPV!
Realms's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by PittSpecial View Post
That is the GWS 4-Blade, 10 X 8 X 4 and it is very efficient.

I get more flight time than the others!
Stock motor? how long are you getting? what size battery? 2200?
Old Feb 01, 2013, 12:31 AM
PittSpecial is online now
Find More Posts by PittSpecial
Right Rudder
PittSpecial's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Realms View Post
Stock motor? how long are you getting? what size battery? 2200?
Completely Stock with Plastic Frontal Bell and 3-Cell, 2200mAH, 25C Discharge Lithium Polymer Batteries.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 12:35 AM
ty_horn is offline
Find More Posts by ty_horn
Philippians 4:13
Oh man that prop must be way out of balance. Sounds like a weed wacker!
Old Feb 01, 2013, 12:38 AM
cmdl is offline
Find More Posts by cmdl
http://www.sgvhumane.org/
cmdl's Avatar

looking for a multimeter


i'm in the market for one. trying to get amp and watt info on my trojan and spit. i tried home depot and they only have 10 A and iirc it was just DC. with my 60A esc i would guess i need at least a 60A AC range? also, how would i measure watts? are wattmeters not incorporated in multimeters (i didn't see any watts on the multimeters i checked out at home depot and the few i saw online).
advice and recommendations appreciated. thanks.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:18 AM
PittSpecial is online now
Find More Posts by PittSpecial
Right Rudder
PittSpecial's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ty_horn View Post
Oh man that prop must be way out of balance. Sounds like a weed wacker!
That sound is not because the Prop is out of balance (If it was it would tear up the first generation cheap plastic Motor Mount).

That is the sound of the Typical Flex of the GWS Plastic Blades.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:24 AM
Realms is online now
Find More Posts by Realms
Family, Work, FPV!
Realms's Avatar
I think I prefer the sound of my 2 blade APC 10x7
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:27 AM
PittSpecial is online now
Find More Posts by PittSpecial
Right Rudder
PittSpecial's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdl View Post
i'm in the market for one. trying to get amp and watt info on my trojan and spit. i tried home depot and they only have 10 A and iirc it was just DC. with my 60A esc i would guess i need at least a 60A AC range? also, how would i measure watts? are wattmeters not incorporated in multimeters (i didn't see any watts on the multimeters i checked out at home depot and the few i saw online).
advice and recommendations appreciated. thanks.
If that's the case, why don't you seek a "WATT METER" especially made for our hobby. I have an old Astro Flight Watt Meter but, does not have any way to keep (record) the test parameters after disconnecting so, I have to resort to Video capture. The new Watt Meters for our hobby now have memory and battery backup so, it flashes the highest attained Test Parameters after you disconnect.

If you are seeking something that has a dual purpose then, I have a Craftsman AMP Meter (Clamp Around) DC that does great and it is on the cheap side compared to the other True RMS meters.

Here is the new Craftsman AC/DC AMP (Clamp Around) Meter and oh, by the way the Clamp around meter you do not have to place the meter between the circuit as it measures using inductive pickup.

http://www.sears.com/craftsman-digit...p-03482369000P

Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:29 AM
PittSpecial is online now
Find More Posts by PittSpecial
Right Rudder
PittSpecial's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Realms View Post
I think I prefer the sound of my 2 blade APC 10x7
But, it ain't going to make the model fly like it has flaps!!!

With all that thrust from the 4-Blader it can just hang and pass you by like it was walking speed.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:33 AM
Realms is online now
Find More Posts by Realms
Family, Work, FPV!
Realms's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by PittSpecial View Post
But, it ain't going to make the model fly like it has flaps!!!

With all that thrust from the 4-Blader it can just hang and pass you by like it was walking speed.
Each to their own bud! I'd get bored of that pretty quickly it certainly looks unique floating around like that!


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Article ParkZone T-28 Trojan RTF Review Jim Walker Electric Warbirds 893 Oct 31, 2016 01:25 AM
Official Parkzone P-51 Owners Thread - Part 2 monitor Parkflyers 2602 Jun 15, 2014 05:51 PM
Discussion Parkzone T-28 Trojan Thread Edge767 Parkflyers 6527 Jun 04, 2008 06:29 AM
Sold Parkzone T-28 Trojan, 480 960kv Motors (2) Joe in Dublin Aircraft - Electric - Power Systems (FS/W) 4 Jan 17, 2008 02:34 PM
Wanted Parkzone T-28 Trojan webejpn01 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 4 Oct 25, 2007 03:48 PM