Thread Tools
Jan 05, 2013, 01:37 PM
Registered User
campbellj's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdl
3.5 would be fine with me as a tradeoff for more speed. nice flight campbellj.
Thanks! I'm going to try and take it out again tomorrow. I think I will mount the camera on the plane somewhere this time.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jan 05, 2013, 02:02 PM
Always Fly 2 Mistakes High!
RGS2010's Avatar
I just couldn't forego my 8+ mins of flight for a bit more speed. My MAS 3-blade and 40C-2200 3S lipos are plenty fast and lots of flying time too

3 minute flights are for my big jets only. Wish they were longer too.

Russ
Jan 05, 2013, 03:00 PM
Registered User
campbellj's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGS2010
I just couldn't forego my 8+ mins of flight for a bit more speed. My MAS 3-blade and 40C-2200 3S lipos are plenty fast and lots of flying time too

3 minute flights are for my big jets only. Wish they were longer too.

Russ
Well I consider this plane like my jet. I've got a radian pro I can lazy around with and get 25+ minutes on a 1300mah 3s riding thermals if its calm out, I have trouble with the wind with it, but overall I will consider that my "long flight time" plane.

I'm sure my times will go down a bit when I get around to putting a smaller prop on it for some more speed. Oh well, that's why I built it this way... That being said I will probably end up buying another stock T-28 as I liked it the way it was also.
Jan 05, 2013, 09:54 PM
Always Fly 2 Mistakes High!
RGS2010's Avatar
It's just a great plane almost any way you mod it or not!
Jan 05, 2013, 10:56 PM
http://www.sgvhumane.org/
cmdl's Avatar
amen. picked up a bf-109 prop from the lhs for her. slapped it on. will probably get a chance on monday to try it out.
Jan 05, 2013, 11:50 PM
I just want to go fly!
walter3rd's Avatar
thats looks pretty nice looking. i still have not gotten a chance to fly with my new MAS 3 blade prop yet. the weather took a turn and i am feeding my addiction working on my new JUG! i love this hobby!
Jan 06, 2013, 01:14 AM
Registered User
nitrofevr's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGS2010
It's just a great plane almost any way you mod it or not!
YEP!!
Only mods are all the tape and extra glue
Watch for the rolling loop
Mike Trojan (6 min 17 sec)
Jan 06, 2013, 04:05 AM
what goes up, must come down..
AussieHoppy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrofevr
YEP!!
that's some fancy flyin there mate!

I snuck in 6 flights this morning, blowing like 15 knots, enough to keep blowing my snug fitting bucket hat of me... practising touch n goes etc, such an easy plane to fly, and I have no interest in making it any faster, she moves along nicely with great big loops on the power15, 3 blade MAS & 3S from 2200 ~ 4000
Tempted to see what happens on 4S lol but I am not inclined to bother strengthening to suit, so 3S will do me fine
Very happy with it
Jan 06, 2013, 10:04 AM
2 many planes & 2 little time
scootrb4's Avatar
Made a few mods to the plane. Power 25 eflite motor and a 60a ESC installed swinging a 12x8x3 MAS with 4s 2200 battery, Watt test shows a 20 amp draw, the motor will sustain 32a and 15sec max is 44 so I anticipate no heat problems. This may be too much prop, I have not flown it yet, plans to fly were rained out this AM. I have extended the rudder 1.5". I'm hoping to have a T28 that will hold a knife edge?
I had a little trouble rounding up a crew willing to test fly the beast, LOL
Pic of the new crew.
Jan 06, 2013, 10:34 AM
They call me Lipo.....
Justwingit's Avatar
The PZ T-28 will hold a knife-edge just fine; I have a flying buddy who was doing them yesterday down at the dry lake with a bone-stock T-28 for well over 200 yards. He went wings level only because he wanted to, not that he had to. He was even practicing turning while in knife-edge. Carlos (PittSpecial) has posted videos of his T-28 doing complete circuits of his flying field while in knife-edge !

A very capable model out of the box indeed

BTW, nice crew you got there Scooter !
Jan 06, 2013, 11:55 AM
Right Rudder
PittSpecial's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justwingit
The PZ T-28 will hold a knife-edge just fine; I have a flying buddy who was doing them yesterday down at the dry lake with a bone-stock T-28 for well over 200 yards. He went wings level only because he wanted to, not that he had to. He was even practicing turning while in knife-edge. Carlos (PittSpecial) has posted videos of his T-28 doing complete circuits of his flying field while in knife-edge !

A very capable model out of the box indeed

BTW, nice crew you got there Scooter !
Here you go!
Park Zone T-28 Navy 3rd and 4th Flights with 808 Key Chain Camera (8 min 12 sec)
Jan 06, 2013, 12:04 PM
http://www.sgvhumane.org/
cmdl's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by scootrb4
I had a little trouble rounding up a crew willing to test fly the beast, LOL
Pic of the new crew.
that's the WW I flying ace - he's used to slower planes
Jan 06, 2013, 05:04 PM
Registered User
onothimagain's Avatar
need to paint horz. stab on T-28D (grey & blue). Any spray brand better then another ? Would clear coat after painting help ?? thanks..
Jan 06, 2013, 07:45 PM
Registered User
Wal mart has a nice selection of craft paint that is foam safe I think its called Apple Barrel ? its not a rattle can but doesnt eat foam like alot of can paints will.
Jan 06, 2013, 07:59 PM
Right Rudder
PittSpecial's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by onothimagain
need to paint horz. stab on T-28D (grey & blue). Any spray brand better then another ? Would clear coat after painting help ?? thanks..
Airforce T-28D Trojan:

I use nothing except the Model Masters Acrylic Paints and for the Blue:

http://www.testors.com/products/136805

It maybe a little off but, I liked the slight darker shade as it gives it a better contrast to it while in the Air and you can see it better.

Grey is already part of the color of the foam and I have not as of yet matched it with any color, however, you can go to this web site and select a close match:
(Make sure you see them all by selecting NEXT at the lower Right side):

http://www.testors.com/category/136645/Acryl_Paints


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Article ParkZone T-28 Trojan RTF Review Jim Walker Electric Warbirds 893 Oct 31, 2016 12:25 AM
Official Parkzone P-51 Owners Thread - Part 2 monitor Parkflyers 2602 Jun 15, 2014 04:51 PM
Discussion Parkzone T-28 Trojan Thread Edge767 Parkflyers 6527 Jun 04, 2008 05:29 AM
Sold Parkzone T-28 Trojan, 480 960kv Motors (2) Joe in Dublin Aircraft - Electric - Power Systems (FS/W) 4 Jan 17, 2008 01:34 PM
Wanted Parkzone T-28 Trojan webejpn01 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 4 Oct 25, 2007 02:48 PM