Nov 30, 2012, 08:57 PM
Right Rudder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justwingit View Post
So Mr. Guapo,

Is that a direct bolt in or would I have to do some minor adjustments...
Seems like I did see someone but, for the shorter E-Flite 480 you would need a spacer and the Power 10 is a drop in.

Yet another one!

Excuse me for suggesting!!!
Last edited by PittSpecial; Nov 30, 2012 at 09:07 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 30, 2012, 09:00 PM
Yeap... G10 is good from hobbu king and 50% cheaper.. Now if you have the money go for it....
Nov 30, 2012, 09:13 PM
Right Rudder
Here is a picture of my NAVY Trojan with the GWS 10 X 8 X 4 (4-Blader)!

Nov 30, 2012, 09:15 PM
Right Rudder
Then, I went to the MAS 3-Blade and never looked back.

Well, I tried the GWS 4-Blade on my F4U Corsair with spectacular results! The models flew like they had Flaps deployed

Nov 30, 2012, 09:20 PM
"Every boy has a dream to fly"
ughhhh I just dont want to pay 40~50 dollars for a motor. And i prefer same performance because I got retracts, flaps, and a bomb drop equip on my T-28. A more powerful motor will just reduced my flight time and i got some hot rod speedsters planes to fly also. I just want a cheap 10 dollar 1000kv motor from the USA hobbyking warehouse.
Nov 30, 2012, 09:23 PM
Right Rudder
Guys,

I am working on some scale Struts for the newer AIRFORCE T-28 Trojan!

Like this gentleman did!

Nov 30, 2012, 09:45 PM
Right Rudder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airplanekid333 View Post
Hi,
My motor had a mechanical failure 6 seconds after take off and i was lucky to have enough altitude and airspeed to make an emergency landing. Poor motor.

So I looked up for a replacement motor and I was completely shocked to see that it costed about 40 dollars for a plastic motor. I know hobbyking had good stuff for cheap. Does anyone here know good cheaper alliterative motor i can get that will fit right on the motor mount and have the proper shaft length?
thanks
shelby
Shelby????

You can get the improved replacement motor Park Zone 480 that now comes with all metal front bell assembly. Therefore, it is NO LONGER a Plastic Motor!! Watch out for old inventory, and don't buy the "all-plastic" version if you can help it.

Old Design on the Left and new Design on the right!

Last edited by PittSpecial; Nov 30, 2012 at 09:57 PM.
Nov 30, 2012, 10:31 PM
"Every boy has a dream to fly"
Dont have 44 dollars
Nov 30, 2012, 10:38 PM
Right Rudder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airplanekid333 View Post
Dont have 44 dollars
Yes, correct. I would seek other places such as eBay and look for high count sellers with high feedback. When in doubt of the type, Newer or the old Plastic type, ask the seller.

You can find lots of good deals.

Even right here at RCGroups!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1522693

I have found good experience with E-Flite and Park Zone Brushless motors as they have pretty good magnets and assembly. Of course when we crash anything can break.

Good luck!
Guapo
Nov 30, 2012, 10:44 PM
They call me Lipo...
I'd rather take my chances with E-flite than brand "X"....sometimes (in fact, most of the time...) you get what you pay for...
Nov 30, 2012, 10:48 PM
Right Rudder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justwingit View Post
I'd rather take my chances with E-flite than brand "X"....sometimes (in fact, most of the time...) you get what you pay for...
Hey, I Love that Dr. Strangelove Avitar you have there!!

Dr. Strangelove best scene (0 min 54 sec)
Dec 01, 2012, 01:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PittSpecial View Post
Guys,

I am working on some scale Struts for the newer AIRFORCE T-28 Trojan!

Like this gentleman did!

Bro... I definetly dont like to modify the looks... But WAO!!! GIVE ME PARTS MAN... GIVE ME PARTS.... AND LINKS TOO
Dec 01, 2012, 07:18 AM
Right Rudder
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlinkguY View Post
Bro... I definetly dont like to modify the looks... But WAO!!! GIVE ME PARTS MAN... GIVE ME PARTS.... AND LINKS TOO
Certainly!

Go to:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=288

and you will find all that is needed.
Dec 01, 2012, 07:22 AM
Converting O2 to CO2
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Pilgrim View Post
Are you using someone's stock kit or DIY?
I'm using a stock kit that I bought from my local Hobby People. It's very similar to this LED System from HobbyPartz.com.
Dec 01, 2012, 09:38 AM
You're killin' me Smalls
Airplanekid, the motor that failed, was it the stock motor? If so and this was basically a motor failure on a box stock Trojan, call up horizon hobbies tech support. Very decent odds that they replace your motor no questions asked. You could also send it in for repair on a service ticket and only be out postage.

Horizon is very very good about supporting and replacing their gear if it fails under normal use. Wouldn't surprise me if you got the newer metal can motor referenced above back in the deal.
Can't hurt to call them.

Quick Reply