Parkzone T-28 Trojan Thread Part 2 - Page 1733 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Nov 29, 2012, 06:31 PM
Right Rudder
PittSpecial's Avatar

Flight Summary!


This morning my model flew for the normal 7 minute flight and did not notice the bearing noise that much since it is at the lower RPMs.

The model performed flawlessly and those Knife Edges all around the field was spectacular as usual. No brown outs or loss of RF!

The landings (A few Touch & Goes) were completely successful and no issues with the Nose Wheel Steering.

I will monitor the motor bearing issue closely...
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Nov 29, 2012, 07:28 PM
I just want to go fly!
walter3rd's Avatar
good to hear. nice repair work.
Nov 29, 2012, 08:23 PM
Look ma, no hands!
1Pilgrim's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoam
Have you seen the EyePods?

http://jarelaircraftdesign.com/produ...camera-mount-2

They're perfect for your #16s. I haven't put mine together yet but it sure looks promising.
Ooh, that looks like a great stocking stuffer - I'll add it to my "hint list"!
Nov 29, 2012, 08:58 PM
They call me Lipo.....
Justwingit's Avatar
Glad to hear all is well with your model, Carlos !

Looks like you're running a MAS prop; what size is it? I was running the PZ Corsair prop for awhile, but they're just too darn fragile and I've had two of them disintegrate in mid-air ! Thankfully, the T-28 is so floaty, I was able to deadstick her in with no issues....funny how some of your best flying comes at times of extreme duress

I'm surprised you haven't talked Gerry into one...

Cheers and happy flying all
Nov 29, 2012, 09:32 PM
Right Rudder
PittSpecial's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justwingit
Glad to hear all is well with your model, Carlos !

Looks like you're running a MAS prop; what size is it? I was running the PZ Corsair prop for awhile, but they're just too darn fragile and I've had two of them disintegrate in mid-air ! Thankfully, the T-28 is so floaty, I was able to deadstick her in with no issues....funny how some of your best flying comes at times of extreme duress

I'm surprised you haven't talked Gerry into one...

Cheers and happy flying all
Hi there again!

Yes, another fragile propeller is the 4-blade GWS 10 X 8 X 4 as I have experimented with that prop as well on both my T-28''s and F4U Corsair and they are great for massive Thrust and super slow flying, yet you increase throttle and they are pretty impressive in the Airspeed department.

The picture above with my Airforce Trojan is the MAS 10 X 7 X 3 on the stock Trojan prop adapter. Sometimes the prop fits perfectly and at times a new prop requires a little reaming. The MAS on the Stock Park Zone 480 Brushless is a very good combination and the airspeed is very nice, especially using fresh 2200's with at least 25C discharge.

I visited Gerry today at his home during lunch time and he gave me a complete T-28 NAVY Airframe Only and I will hack away and install flaps and electric retracts, stay tuned!
Nov 30, 2012, 06:50 AM
I just want to go fly!
walter3rd's Avatar
just placed order for a 3 blade mas prop to try out. i much prefer the 3 blade so looking forward to testing it out.
Nov 30, 2012, 12:46 PM
LETS GO UTES!!
TheyCallMeUTAH's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by PittSpecial
Back in 2008, a good friend by the name of Antonio Speed (BigTonE) installed Flaps on his T-28 with custom paint job and you can clearly see the Flaps at the start of this Video. Antonio is an excellent RC Flyer and modeler and I have yet to come close to his skills.

http://vimeo.com/695181
great looking plane
Nov 30, 2012, 01:08 PM
Registered User
I have now flown my PZ T-28 with the 3 blade Corsair prop and am happy with it. I have a couple of Dynam 3 bladed props I want to use, but need to make the hole bigger in the prop or get a different prop adapter for my T-28.
Nov 30, 2012, 01:52 PM
Registered User
BlinkguY's Avatar
does it sounds better??? more vertical?
Nov 30, 2012, 02:01 PM
They call me Lipo.....
Justwingit's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksolo69
I have now flown my PZ T-28 with the 3 blade Corsair prop and am happy with it. I have a couple of Dynam 3 bladed props I want to use, but need to make the hole bigger in the prop or get a different prop adapter for my T-28.
Just watch out for flying blades!!!! I've had two disintegrate on me in mid-air...!

And no, there were no blade strikes involved or anything like that...I just think they're fragile. Needless to say, it makes for exciting landings
Nov 30, 2012, 02:05 PM
They call me Lipo.....
Justwingit's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlinkguY
does it sounds better??? more vertical?
It sounds a little better...you can definitely tell there's someting different in the air...as far as pull goes, it's pretty much outta this world! Gobs of torque on hand, making for very large loops. Not much gain in regards to airspeed, if any at all, but definitely more grunt !
Nov 30, 2012, 02:08 PM
Registered User
BlinkguY's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justwingit
It sounds a little better...you can definitely tell there's someting different in the air...as far as pull goes, it's pretty much outta this world! Gobs of torque on hand, making for very large loops. Not much gain in regards to airspeed, if any at all, but definitely more grunt !
alright do you have the part number? ill try that out
Nov 30, 2012, 02:10 PM
They call me Lipo.....
Justwingit's Avatar
Just search on HH's or HZ's website for Parkzone F4U Corsair three bladed props...

I'd also recommend looking at the MAS three bladed props; that's the direction I'm heading, I just haven't got there yet !
Nov 30, 2012, 02:12 PM
Registered User
BlinkguY's Avatar
alright man!!! but whats the size of the MAS version? 9x7.5x3?
Nov 30, 2012, 02:17 PM
Right Rudder
PittSpecial's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlinkguY
alright man!!! but whats the size of the MAS version? 9x7.5x3?
Select your liking:
http://masterairscrew.com/3-bladeseries.aspx

I believe it has been posted for those using this brand 10 X 7 X 3.

Assuming the STOCK Park Zone 480 Brushless.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Article ParkZone T-28 Trojan RTF Review Jim Walker Electric Warbirds 893 Oct 31, 2016 12:25 AM
Official Parkzone P-51 Owners Thread - Part 2 monitor Parkflyers 2602 Jun 15, 2014 04:51 PM
Discussion Parkzone T-28 Trojan Thread Edge767 Parkflyers 6527 Jun 04, 2008 05:29 AM
Sold Parkzone T-28 Trojan, 480 960kv Motors (2) Joe in Dublin Aircraft - Electric - Power Systems (FS/W) 4 Jan 17, 2008 01:34 PM
Wanted Parkzone T-28 Trojan webejpn01 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 4 Oct 25, 2007 02:48 PM