Old Nov 26, 2012, 05:02 PM
Find More Posts by marke14
RC pilots do it in the air
Had a fun time flying my "big" T-28 for the first time in about three plus months, down at my local official field.

I sometimes forget how fun it is to fly the PZ T-28. I get a lot more stick time with the micros, as I can fly them in several locations besides my AMA-sanctioned field.

Hey aerial photography / video guys, can anyone direct me to a URL where they bought a good, functional keychain camera? I bought one and had to return it through Amazon, it never was functional.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 26, 2012, 06:16 PM
Find More Posts by campbellj
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrice4 View Post
Mine broke, I need a new T-28, anyone wanna sell me theirs lol? PM if your serious.
What's broke on it that can't be fixed?
Old Nov 26, 2012, 09:58 PM
Find More Posts by GCplane
Marke14,
About a month ago I spent hours reading different threads on different cameras. I decided this one #16 (about $50) is the best. from various comparisons. I purchased from the vendor in post #2 of the thread. Camera arrived in 8 days and it works great and the HD video is better than my $400 family camera that I bought a few years ago.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1556994
Old Nov 26, 2012, 10:36 PM
Find More Posts by onothimagain
Thanks Walter3rd & BlinkguY. I will try that and use grey tape (T-28D). This is the only proublem I've had with this plane ....love it !!!!!
Old Nov 26, 2012, 11:07 PM
Find More Posts by BlinkguY
Anytime
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 26, 2012, 11:08 PM
Find More Posts by walter3rd
I just want to go fly!
you got it! this site rocks!
Old Nov 26, 2012, 11:17 PM
Find More Posts by Left Coast DJ
Converting O2 to CO2
Going to add lights to my T-28 this week.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 04:25 PM
Find More Posts by 1Pilgrim
Look ma, no hands!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCplane View Post
Marke14,
About a month ago I spent hours reading different threads on different cameras. I decided this one #16 (about $50) is the best. from various comparisons. I purchased from the vendor in post #2 of the thread. Camera arrived in 8 days and it works great and the HD video is better than my $400 family camera that I bought a few years ago.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1556994
I have two #16's and love 'em to pieces! I wear one on my hat and have flown the other one on my SR 120 heli. The HD is truly amazing for such a tiny package!

I'm waiting on a new canopy for my T-28 (backordered) so I can mount the camera inside. The old canopy was trashed by the previous owner so I wouldn't get a clear picture, and I don't want to risk losing the camera by mounting it on the outside. If anyone has figured out a safe external mount please post it!

I ordered my two cams from eletopline, one last December and the other in January for about $40 ea. w/free shipping; they each arrived from Hong Kong in less than two weeks!

If and when you place your order be sure to ask if there is a "freebie" available with the camera. Back then I received an extra battery with the first camera . The polarity is reversed on the battery so I had to reverse the leads on my charger to charge it externally (not a problem with the internal batteries that charge through the usb port).
Old Nov 27, 2012, 04:29 PM
Find More Posts by 1Pilgrim
Look ma, no hands!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Coast DJ View Post
Going to add lights to my T-28 this week.
Are you using someone's stock kit or DIY?
Old Nov 27, 2012, 05:19 PM
Find More Posts by PittSpecial
Right Rudder

Sunday morning, November 25th, 2012

Had a great Sunday morning in Central Florida as the weather conditions were as perfect as one can stand!

Flew with two good friends that enjoy this hobby as much as I do and David Hart had a great time with his Park Zone T-28D "Airforce" Trojan!

David getting ready!

Here is the Video showing you enjoying your Park Zone T-28D Airforce Trojan at EDWARDS!
Park Zone T-28D Airforce Trojan by David Hart 11-25-2012 (2 min 50 sec)
Old Nov 27, 2012, 08:01 PM
Find More Posts by TheyCallMeUTAH
LETS GO UTES!!
I think its time to add some flaps and retracts to mine. any suggestions on kits or how tos?
Old Nov 27, 2012, 08:25 PM
Find More Posts by phoam
User
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Pilgrim View Post
I don't want to risk losing the camera by mounting it on the outside. If anyone has figured out a safe external mount please post it!
Have you seen the EyePods?

http://jarelaircraftdesign.com/produ...camera-mount-2

They're perfect for your #16s. I haven't put mine together yet but it sure looks promising.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 08:26 PM
Right Rudder
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheyCallMeUTAH View Post
I think its time to add some flaps and retracts to mine. any suggestions on kits or how tos?
Back in 2008, a good friend by the name of Antonio Speed (BigTonE) installed Flaps on his T-28 with custom paint job and you can clearly see the Flaps at the start of this Video. Antonio is an excellent RC Flyer and modeler and I have yet to come close to his skills.

Park Zone T-28 by Tony at Moon Port Modelers RC Club (7 min 29 sec)
Old Nov 28, 2012, 08:25 PM
Right Rudder
Early this morning I fixed several items on my Park Zone T-28D "Airforce" Model and it was one thing or the other! After working on it for almost 2 hours, I finally headed to the RC Club to fly it.

Would you know, the freaking STOCK Brushless obtained a bearing noise!!

I am replacing the motor as I type!
Old Nov 28, 2012, 08:47 PM
Find More Posts by Justwingit
They call me Lipo.....
With a stock 480 or...?
RCG Plus Member