Oct 20, 2012, 10:30 AM
I just want to go fly!
now that the panel lines are in i was going to try to add some exhaust staining and metal weathering on the body panels. anyone have good pics of this? i think im going to purchase a air brush system. squeezed in another 6 flights today. 13 mph with gusts of who knows! challenging to say the least. not a day to look away from the plane. flew my fathers wildcat as well. even more challenging than t28. not for the faint of heart in wind. both planes came back the way they went out. all is well. same forcast for tomorrow! bummer.
Last edited by walter3rd; Oct 20, 2012 at 07:21 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 21, 2012, 01:35 AM
Micro enthusiast
Walter, that looks so wicked!!
Oct 21, 2012, 03:21 AM
Family, Work, FPV!
Walter, is that a Durafly T-28 prop?
Oct 21, 2012, 03:31 AM
Micro enthusiast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Realms
Walter, is that a Durafly T-28 prop?
I think its off the PZ Corsair!
Oct 21, 2012, 05:11 AM
Family, Work, FPV!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groovechampion
I think its off the PZ Corsair!
Ah yes, I see... just painted the tips. I watched someone at VP flying his Trojan with that prop and it put me off trying it. Sounded great but didn't look anywhere near as fast as the 2 blade.
Oct 21, 2012, 07:46 AM
I just want to go fly!
yes corsair prop painted. it needed to be balanced first but is supersmooth and quiet now. not really concerned with top speed so very pleased with it. althought the pzt28 is a A model that really should use a 2 blade prop i just love the looks. the durafly is a B model cowl. larger and more of a true cylinder shape. althought the molded pz engine does include the 9 cylinder B type motor not the 7 cylinder A model. ill wait till i get a true warbird like spitfire or mustang before im concerned with top speed. the t28 is just a great flying fun plane and its my first larger r/c plane so not focused on speed, more into a great flight and a smooth landing.
Last edited by walter3rd; Oct 21, 2012 at 05:30 PM.
Oct 22, 2012, 05:12 PM
I've souped up my battered T28! To some people I guess this is a total crime but I thought I'd turn it in to a hotrod.

I've put in a turnigy 3648 1450kv motor

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...or_1450kv.html

rated at 1600 watts!

also of course that big chunky spinner.

so far i've taken it out once this weekend, couple of test flights went great. It's got a 9x6 prop running on 4s at the mo I think I'll get comfortable with that, couple more flights, then see what happens if I give it a spurt on 5s.

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Fun fun fun!
Oct 22, 2012, 05:48 PM
Converting O2 to CO2
Quote:
Originally Posted by stallion explosi
I've souped up my battered T28! To some people I guess this is a total crime but I thought I'd turn it in to a hotrod.
Dude, your plane now looks like a bad ass Rare Bear! Scale flying gets boring after about 2 laps. So I'm all for hot rodding! If you have access to a grassy field, take those draggy wheels off and then you can really wring the plane out! Good luck.
Oct 22, 2012, 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Coast DJ
Dude, your plane now looks like a bad ass Rare Bear! Scale flying gets boring after about 2 laps. So I'm all for hot rodding! If you have access to a grassy field, take those draggy wheels off and then you can really wring the plane out! Good luck.
sweet, thanks! yeah i hear you about the wheels. i do fly from grass so i could take them off for sure. Should I expect a serious difference in performance then?

I do enjoy rolling takeoffs, i have to admit, so i may well leave them on anyway for now...
Oct 22, 2012, 09:37 PM
Micro enthusiast
Just wondering if someone could give me an idea of how long flying time I can get with a 2200mah 3S battery??

At the moment Ive been changing the batteries over at the 7 minute mark because they are new.

Nath.
Oct 22, 2012, 09:39 PM
I live on LiPos
Here
Oct 22, 2012, 09:54 PM
well thats like asking how many days to get out of my car full tank.... it will depend on how much to i use it.. y really get like 10 minutes with turnigy 2200mah.,, each on,, what i do use its a little voltage alarm... so when i do go below 3.8 volts each cell it beep really loud and i can hear it even if the plane is really far away... so i do not have to worry about it and still have plenty of charge to go around even 3-4 times and try to land just in case my approach is not good and do not have to worry about it while im on the most dangerous part of the flight ( landing ).. flying the plane, watching out for how the motor respond to not suffer a power loss and loose the plane.. thats why i use my voltage alarm every time i do fly and cost around 7 dollars, when i bought it like two years ago only cost me 1 dollar on ebay
Oct 23, 2012, 12:34 AM
Micro enthusiast
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlinkguY
well thats like asking how many days to get out of my car full tank.... it will depend on how much to i use it.. y really get like 10 minutes with turnigy 2200mah.,, each on,, what i do use its a little voltage alarm... so when i do go below 3.8 volts each cell it beep really loud and i can hear it even if the plane is really far away... so i do not have to worry about it and still have plenty of charge to go around even 3-4 times and try to land just in case my approach is not good and do not have to worry about it while im on the most dangerous part of the flight ( landing ).. flying the plane, watching out for how the motor respond to not suffer a power loss and loose the plane.. thats why i use my voltage alarm every time i do fly and cost around 7 dollars, when i bought it like two years ago only cost me 1 dollar on ebay
Cheers Blinkguy,
I realise its a bit of a funny question, just wanted to know what to expect from that type of battery, as my PZ T-28 is my first large bird, I wasnt sure what to expect, coming from Ultra Micros.

Thanks for your your answer.

Regards,
Nath.
Oct 23, 2012, 03:36 AM
Family, Work, FPV!
Quote:
Cheers Blinkguy,
I realise its a bit of a funny question, just wanted to know what to expect from that type of battery, as my PZ T-28 is my first large bird, I wasnt sure what to expect, coming from Ultra Micros.

Regards,
Nath.
Hi Nath

Get yourself a cheap battery tester and take it to the field with you. You can test your batteries after a flight and get a feel for how much longer you can safely fly.

Cheers

Aaron
Oct 23, 2012, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Cheers Blinkguy,

Regards,
Nath.

ahh man.. that was just a joke dont you see my smile ????

well buddy this is what you need:::

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-in1-1-8S-L...item23239c8d2f

believe me man... GO AHEAD AND BUY IT!!!!!

you wont regret it.. this is the best thing you can get if you want an alarm... sound REALLY LOUD and you can program it to the voltage alarm you are comfortable with... don't have to worry about time anymore.. since time always depend on how what you go with the throttle

Quick Reply