Thread Tools
Old Aug 21, 2012, 10:18 PM
ronhawker is offline
Find More Posts by ronhawker
Registered User
What battery are you running?
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 21, 2012, 10:22 PM
DaxFX is online now
Find More Posts by DaxFX
AIMDROIX
DaxFX's Avatar
2200mah Zippy Compact , and 2200mah nanotech 25c. both of them are pretty small and fits into battery tunel perfectly, no mod needed,.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Puerto Rico Drone Prix 2016
Old Aug 21, 2012, 11:13 PM
walter3rd is offline
Find More Posts by walter3rd
I just want to go fly!
walter3rd's Avatar
daxfx- i was going to do the corsair 3 blade as well as it just looks sooooo much better. i will be adding the white and red stripes of coarse. my father flew these so its all about the details! my little one...
Old Aug 21, 2012, 11:48 PM
DaxFX is online now
Find More Posts by DaxFX
AIMDROIX
DaxFX's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by walter3rd View Post
daxfx- i was going to do the corsair 3 blade as well as it just looks sooooo much better. i will be adding the white and red stripes of coarse. my father flew these so its all about the details! my little one...
I do love the 3blade look.. I also use now and then the 10x10e for speed but for sure the 3blade is a winner.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Puerto Rico Drone Prix 2016
Old Aug 22, 2012, 08:55 AM
RGS2010 is offline
Find More Posts by RGS2010
Always Fly 2 Mistakes High!
RGS2010's Avatar

3-Blade Rules!


Gotta love the 3-Blades...
Old Aug 22, 2012, 08:58 AM
walter3rd is offline
Find More Posts by walter3rd
I just want to go fly!
walter3rd's Avatar
gorgeous planes fellas! i cant wait till i get my hands on one. patience..
Old Aug 22, 2012, 11:06 AM
jumna is offline
Find More Posts by jumna
Registered User
The 3-blade is cool, and I'm guessing it's shorter diameter so less chance of a prop strike too - think I'll get one too.

Say, if I want to add a keychain camera, where's the best place to put it? I suppose I could just tape a keychain cam to the underside at the CG point, tho inside the canopy would be cool. Would foam cutting be the best way to get into the canopy to add a camera?
Old Aug 22, 2012, 11:58 AM
RGS2010 is offline
Find More Posts by RGS2010
Always Fly 2 Mistakes High!
RGS2010's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumna View Post
The 3-blade is cool, and I'm guessing it's shorter diameter so less chance of a prop strike too - think I'll get one too.

Say, if I want to add a keychain camera, where's the best place to put it? I suppose I could just tape a keychain cam to the underside at the CG point, tho inside the canopy would be cool. Would foam cutting be the best way to get into the canopy to add a camera?
I put a piece of velcro on my right wing tip under wing and attached keychain cam there so wouldn't get propeller in the way...it worked great. I'll see if I can find my video that I took awhile back of it on there.

Russ

P.S. This was keychain cam under wing of my FMS P-51 but was same with T-28.

Keychain Cam Video of P-51 and Spitfire Dogfight (1 min 54 sec)
Last edited by RGS2010; Aug 22, 2012 at 12:03 PM. Reason: Found Video!
Old Aug 22, 2012, 02:03 PM
walter3rd is offline
Find More Posts by walter3rd
I just want to go fly!
walter3rd's Avatar
i heard you could get in the canopy as its held together with some kind of tape job. i want to paint my pilot when i get mine and add instrument gauges so im getting in there somehow!
Old Aug 22, 2012, 03:21 PM
zagiace is offline
Find More Posts by zagiace
mmm... wings....
zagiace's Avatar
Thinking about putting my Flip ultra 6 oz. on my T-28. I am pretty much stock in set up. what flight issues might I get?
Old Aug 22, 2012, 04:10 PM
jumna is offline
Find More Posts by jumna
Registered User
Nice. My little hd cam is heavier than my old one, it weighs in at 19g, so I think I'll try it with an equivalent weight at the other wing tip just in case it matters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGS2010 View Post
I put a piece of velcro on my right wing tip under wing and attached keychain cam there so wouldn't get propeller in the way...it worked great. I'll see if I can find my video that I took awhile back of it on there.

Russ
Old Aug 22, 2012, 04:43 PM
piperpilot is offline
Find More Posts by piperpilot
Low and Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by zagiace View Post
Thinking about putting my Flip ultra 6 oz. on my T-28. I am pretty much stock in set up. what flight issues might I get?
I put my Flip cam on my T-28 and it handled the extra weight nicely. It lowered the climb, but I liked the flight characteristics with the extra weight.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 07:08 PM
rdcskkrose is offline
Find More Posts by rdcskkrose
TEAM HILLBILLY
rdcskkrose's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by walter3rd View Post
i heard you could get in the canopy as its held together with some kind of tape job. i want to paint my pilot when i get mine and add instrument gauges so im getting in there somehow!
Easy. Turn the canopy over and use a sharp blade to cut as much of the bottom of the cockpit as you want to. Nice clean cuts here. Do whatever you want to the cockpit and glue it back in. This is where the clean cuts come in. If you do it right you'll never see it. I stab toothpicks in the cut piece to pull it out and the hold it to glue it back in.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 07:08 PM
Justwingit is online now
Find More Posts by Justwingit
They call me Lipo.....
Justwingit's Avatar
walter3rd,

Just work your way around very carefully with an X-acto knife and you'll have the canopy "glass" off in no time. Take care of business, and glue it back on....done!

Here's mine:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1702327

Cheers
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 22, 2012, 08:31 PM
walter3rd is offline
Find More Posts by walter3rd
I just want to go fly!
walter3rd's Avatar
gorgeous! thanks for the tips. i love to add details so it should be great fun. walt


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Article ParkZone T-28 Trojan RTF Review Jim Walker Electric Warbirds 893 Oct 31, 2016 01:25 AM
Official Parkzone P-51 Owners Thread - Part 2 monitor Parkflyers 2602 Jun 15, 2014 05:51 PM
Discussion Parkzone T-28 Trojan Thread Edge767 Parkflyers 6527 Jun 04, 2008 06:29 AM
Sold Parkzone T-28 Trojan, 480 960kv Motors (2) Joe in Dublin Aircraft - Electric - Power Systems (FS/W) 4 Jan 17, 2008 02:34 PM
Wanted Parkzone T-28 Trojan webejpn01 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 4 Oct 25, 2007 03:48 PM