Jul 30, 2012, 09:27 PM
these are the ticket: Dubro pin hinges

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXD941&P=ML

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoguy1
Guys,

I've torn the rudder from my Navy T-28. Looking online, it seems the way to repair it is to smear some glue on the edges of all 4 surfaces (fuse / rudder hinge on both sides), let the glue set up to get "tacky", then apply tape.

I've got ShoeGoo in the toolbox, but the reports of repairs seem to discuss UHU POR glue. Will ShoeGoo work in this application, or should I wait until tomorrow and try to pick up some UHU POR from a craft shop?

Or,are there other glues that work equally well?

Lastly, any reason to go with CA-style hinges over full hinge tape?
to remove ads between posts
Jul 30, 2012, 09:32 PM
Foam, foam on the range....
Quote:
Guys,

I've torn the rudder from my Navy T-28. Looking online, it seems the way to repair it is to smear some glue on the edges of all 4 surfaces (fuse / rudder hinge on both sides)
You won't need the glue - that sort of prep. is only required for EPP*. As long as the surfaces are clean, the tape will stick just fine.

Cheers

* Even with EPP, I find Blenderm sticks very well without prep. if ironed over with a covering iron, set to a fairly low temp., around 50C
Jul 30, 2012, 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaxFX
I thought this day will never came. I damage my very first part on my T. My elevator cracks on the hinges. I have the bad on my side that every flying trip my planes are under direct sun all day i think the covering on the elevator get toasted and cracked all the way were act as a hinge. Wow i have to admit since i started into rc planes back in 2005 this is the very first one that had last more than a year without replacing or modding or repairing any single bit.

New stab ordered. So 1 more year to come.

Wish I would have checked. About 90 flights in my elevator let go on one side and broke off. Plane crashed but is in surprisingly good shape - glue the front fuse back on, glue the elevator and add new hinges, new motor mount, and new cowl and she's back in business.
Jul 30, 2012, 10:35 PM
AIMDROIX
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdahlhaus
Wish I would have checked. About 90 flights in my elevator let go on one side and broke off. Plane crashed but is in surprisingly good shape - glue the front fuse back on, glue the elevator and add new hinges, new motor mount, and new cowl and she's back in business.
I notice on mine the night before go fly. I was prep all my stuf and planes. I just notice the plastc bridge on top of the ESC was a bit loose amd i put some drops of CA. Then i do a test to make sure everithing was ok and accidentally i glue the nose wheel rod. Duh!! I hit rudder and the clevis in the servo got damage. I just replaced and do another test them hit elevator and a "crack" sound. Oh god she does not what to go the field tomorrow. Thanks god it happen in my home and not in the air.
Jul 31, 2012, 09:46 AM
They call me Lipo...
Hey gang,

Here's some pics of my T-28 with the PZ Corsair three bladed prop and TWO pilots!

More about flying the fun little plane on my blog:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1702327

Cheers all and happy flying !
Jul 31, 2012, 01:17 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Quote:
Guys,

I've torn the rudder from my Navy T-28. Looking online, it seems the way to repair it is to smear some glue on the edges of all 4 surfaces (fuse / rudder hinge on both sides), let the glue set up to get "tacky", then apply tape.

I've got ShoeGoo in the toolbox, but the reports of repairs seem to discuss UHU POR glue. Will ShoeGoo work in this application, or should I wait until tomorrow and try to pick up some UHU POR from a craft shop?

Or,are there other glues that work equally well?

Lastly, any reason to go with CA-style hinges over full hinge tape?
Again, use blenderm top and bottom. Be flying again in minutes.
Last edited by rdcskkrose; Jul 31, 2012 at 07:14 PM.
Jul 31, 2012, 07:57 PM
Suspended Account
Hey guys, ceck out the candy dropper I made for my T28. It works pretty darn well, I can almost say perfectly. We'll see how the welder's hinges holds up,its ding fine so far. What o you think? And before, you say its ugly, its not painted white yet
Jul 31, 2012, 08:04 PM
Novice in training
Cool idea RCAddict. Looks good.

On another note how the heck do you post videos from youtube? I finally got a few with my T28 but can't figure it out.
Jul 31, 2012, 08:06 PM
if the videos are on your computer, just sign into YouTube and click the upload button (upper right of the browser), click the 'select files from your computer' button in the middle of the screen, navigate/point to wherever the vid is on you computer and bada-boom-bada-bing!

it will provide a link to your vid as its uploading that can be pasted here in RCG

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshB

On another note how the heck do you post videos from youtube? I finally got a few with my T28 but can't figure it out.
Jul 31, 2012, 08:08 PM
Suspended Account
Well on my phone I just go to the video, hold the screen and a menu pops up with an option to copy link, I just do that and paste. There should be an option on the video with a direct paste link. If that doesn't work just copy paste the URL and we can watch it.

P.s. it holds eight mini hershey bars and CG's perfectly because I'm using a 2200 instead of an 1800. It only adds maybe a half ounce anyways.
Jul 31, 2012, 08:10 PM
Novice in training
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuffDaddy
if the videos are on your computer, just sign into YouTube and click the upload button (upper right of the browser), click the 'select files from your computer' button in the middle of the screen, navigate/point to wherever the vid is on you computer and bada-boom-bada-bing!
I have them on YouTube, but when I tried to post the URL it just posted the URL and not the video like some do. I can just post the link, but was trying to do it like some others do. lol

Edit: On a new note I guess it wasn't fully uploaded yet when I tried. It's working now. lol I will post them soon. Nothing real special since it was my first time ever using the camera. lol
Jul 31, 2012, 08:12 PM
aaahhhh haha OK, just tryin' to help, some out here don't have the computer skills others have

paste one of the URL's to your video here, lets see what up

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshB
I have them on YouTube, but when I tried to post the URL it just posted the URL and not the video like some do. I can just post the link, but was trying to do it like some others do. lol
Jul 31, 2012, 08:13 PM
Suspended Account
There should be "share" menu with FB and twitter icons on it. It gives you a link. Copy paste that link. -huffdaddy- my dads an IT guy so I'm pretty good at this stuff
Jul 31, 2012, 08:13 PM
Novice in training
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuffDaddy
aaahhhh haha OK, just tryin' to help, some out here don't have the computer skills others have
lol I know. Thanks
Jul 31, 2012, 08:17 PM
heheh I'm an IT guy myself so that's right up my alley

fwiw, after I posted I realized you guys mighta been talking about using your phones to do this which could have a handful of ways to do it depending on OS and updates and apps etc...I'll shut up now

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAddict16
There should be "share" menu with FB and twitter icons on it. It gives you a link. Copy paste that link. -huffdaddy- my dads an IT guy so I'm pretty good at this stuff

Quick Reply