Parkzone T-28 Trojan Thread Part 2 - Page 1004 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Jul 22, 2010, 08:27 PM
Registered User
ender707's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMCLEODVT
they say flip the wings over and its a completely different plane
I bet this is a true statement for just about any air frame

Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jul 22, 2010, 10:41 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
rdcskkrose's Avatar

Thursday Night Flying In Colorado


A Little Windy (like 35mph but straight down the runway).

T-28 w/ Power 25 4 Cell Racing 75mph nitro Jato/RC Mountain Division (4 min 32 sec)
Jul 22, 2010, 10:41 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
rdcskkrose's Avatar

T-28s Thursday Night Flying In Colorado


A Little Windy (like 35mph but straight down the runway).

T-28 w/ Power 25 4 Cell Racing 75mph nitro Jato/RC Mountain Division (4 min 32 sec)
Jul 22, 2010, 11:18 PM
Mile High Pilot
milehighjc's Avatar
Love the sound of the 28 and the car! That is one hot rod T-28. Did you get wet? Looks like you werent far from a pretty good thunderstorm.
Jul 22, 2010, 11:21 PM
Fly Freely, Fly Responsibly
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithflyer_az
Point well taken ala Clint. Sometimes my bravery out does my limitations aircraft maint.time.
keith
Outstanding segue....

Per my earlier post...new P-10 and 40A ESC.

It was about 10-15mph nearly 90-degree (variable) winds at the field this evening. Even the instructors were having to make 4-5 'go arounds' in 5 lbs. Avistars to get back on the ground. There were lots of gusts and weird 'convection lift' (thermals) going on around the grass/cement transition.

There were several slight skids and scuffed wingtips (these are very experienced pilots).

Could I have gotten my 2 lb. "foamy" up and down with my new P-10 and ESC 40A in those conditions? Absolutely! Many times I've done it, though, I had to deal with wing tip/prop 'scuffs' etc.

Stress reduction is the goal (for me).

My refurb'd crate is fresh out of "Bill's A&P shop."

I'll wait till Sat. AM to maiden it...thankyouverymuch! LOL!
Last edited by WhirlyBits; Jul 22, 2010 at 11:28 PM.
Jul 23, 2010, 02:44 AM
Registered User
Mcdyvie's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ender707
I bet this is a true statement for just about any air frame

Hehe I bet if you flipped the wings on a Radian, you would get a very interesting flight...
Jul 23, 2010, 03:12 AM
Registered User
Stevedots's Avatar

Run Time?


Quote:
Originally Posted by moosehunt2010
Guys, I'm kind of new to modding my planes and have put a power 10 on my trojan with an e-flite 40 amp with bec ESC in it. I just tested with my hyperion 2200 35c battery and am pulling between 35 and 40 amps on it. The power 10 only being rated for 30 continuous and 38 burst, what am I doing wrong? I'm using a MAS 10X7 prop. I tested it with the stock 9.5X7.5 prop and it still pulls between 32 and 35 amps at full speed. This is testing it for approximately 10 seconds at full speed to make sure I don't burn the motor out. Can anyone help me with this? I don't know what I would be doing wrong as I'm running 4XHS55 servo's and 2 of the original servos. Thanks.
Like Moosehunt2010, I am going to install a Power 10, 40 amp ESC and I happen to also be using the same Hyperion 2200 35C battery. I will also be adding the Custom R/C motor mount and Maxx Products 5 mm to 8 mm prop adaptor so I can use the stock prop (I have about 6 of them!).

I had to upgrade because after installing some robart strut covers tonight I took the cowl off to tighten the nose wheel gear screw and I saw some cracks in the stock motor. I was suprised because I have only had about 20 flights (no crashes) with only one slow minor nose over while taxiing.

Moosehunt2010, if your still here checking out this thread, or anyone else with the same set up....what run times are you getting with your set up when you use the stock prop? How are the verticals/performance with the stock prop?

Thanks,
Steve
Jul 23, 2010, 05:50 AM
Registered User
Coenraad's Avatar
Has anyone ever tried some belly/wing skids to fly off grass? I often fly from a place where the grass is longer then the wheels and the underground is a bit rough with that.
I will either see if i can get my hands on tundra wheels, but as that is not so nice for the scale look i rather go gear less. But without anything i am aftraid that the the prop and engine would get destroyed in no time.

Coenraad
Jul 23, 2010, 06:30 AM
Z-8
Z-8
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevedots
Like Moosehunt2010, I am going to install a Power 10, 40 amp ESC and I happen to also be using the same Hyperion 2200 35C battery. I will also be adding the Custom R/C motor mount and Maxx Products 5 mm to 8 mm prop adaptor so I can use the stock prop (I have about 6 of them!).

I had to upgrade because after installing some robart strut covers tonight I took the cowl off to tighten the nose wheel gear screw and I saw some cracks in the stock motor. I was suprised because I have only had about 20 flights (no crashes) with only one slow minor nose over while taxiing.

Moosehunt2010, if your still here checking out this thread, or anyone else with the same set up....what run times are you getting with your set up when you use the stock prop? How are the verticals/performance with the stock prop?

Thanks,
Steve
The P10 gives a good mix of power and flying time. You should get ~7 mins in mixed throttle flight from a good 2200.

For an identical T:W ratio (exactly 1.42 for both), ~10 min flying times, and much better flying characteristics the Super Tigre .10 is a less expensive choice at $20 total outlay (can use stock ESC and battery) vs $160 = $60 (engine) + $50 (ESC) + $50 (new battery). The downside is that you have to drill 4 holes and buy a $ or two in hardware to mount the ST motor.

My comparo tests them with a constant battery, which is one way to compare but it doesn't let higher engine efficiency increase overall aircraft performance.
Jul 23, 2010, 06:45 AM
Account closed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcdyvie
Hehe I bet if you flipped the wings on a Radian, you would get a very interesting flight...
I beleive you are reading and spending too much time over in the PARK ZONE EXTRA 300 Threads!!!
Jul 23, 2010, 06:46 AM
Registered User
Mcdyvie's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coenraad
Has anyone ever tried some belly/wing skids to fly off grass? I often fly from a place where the grass is longer then the wheels and the underground is a bit rough with that.
I will either see if i can get my hands on tundra wheels, but as that is not so nice for the scale look i rather go gear less. But without anything i am aftraid that the the prop and engine would get destroyed in no time.

Coenraad
HI Coenraad, just tape the bottom of the plane and the leading edges of the wings, it belly lands great. You will need more props than usual, but if you cut the throttle, it should be ok.

Cheers,
Jul 23, 2010, 06:47 AM
Registered User
Mcdyvie's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by guapoman2000
I beleive you are reading and spending too much time over in the PARK ZONE EXTRA 300 Threads!!!
Haha, I have unsubscribed. Nobody seemed to see the humor in my
"what the wings are inverted? Howcome nobody mentioned this yet?" post on the 100th page of just such ranting...

Just glad I didn't buy it lol. The Radian is just freaking sweet though. NO complaints there, but wouldn't want to flip those wings.
Jul 23, 2010, 06:50 AM
Account closed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcdyvie
Haha, I have unsubscribed. Nobody seemed to see the humor in my
"what the wings are inverted? Howcome nobody mentioned this yet?" post on the 100th page of just such ranting...

Just glad I didn't buy it lol. The Radian is just freaking sweet though. NO complaints there, but wouldn't want to flip those wings.
Yeah, how can you screw up a powered Glider wings?

Well, both models share a carbon Tube but, the Radian does not have any PAINT on the wings. Too bad about the EXTRA 300 what a freaking mess!!!
Jul 23, 2010, 09:32 AM
Registered User
ender707's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevedots
Like Moosehunt2010, I am going to install a Power 10, 40 amp ESC and I happen to also be using the same Hyperion 2200 35C battery. I will also be adding the Custom R/C motor mount and Maxx Products 5 mm to 8 mm prop adaptor so I can use the stock prop (I have about 6 of them!).

I had to upgrade because after installing some robart strut covers tonight I took the cowl off to tighten the nose wheel gear screw and I saw some cracks in the stock motor. I was suprised because I have only had about 20 flights (no crashes) with only one slow minor nose over while taxiing.

Moosehunt2010, if your still here checking out this thread, or anyone else with the same set up....what run times are you getting with your set up when you use the stock prop? How are the verticals/performance with the stock prop?

Thanks,
Steve
I use the same setup myself but with an APC 10x7 E, similar Lipo. I set my TX Timer to 8 Minutes, (I usually do mixed throttle flights) and I land after the beeps and put <1800 mah back in to the pack during charging. The stock prop draws less power, so if you start from 8 minutes you should not over draw your packs. Expiriment with how much you put back in the packs from there and you can adjust your timer accordingly, your flying style will effect how much you draw from the lipo on the average flight.
Jul 23, 2010, 05:23 PM
Registered User
Stevedots's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ender707
I use the same setup myself but with an APC 10x7 E, similar Lipo. I set my TX Timer to 8 Minutes, (I usually do mixed throttle flights) and I land after the beeps and put <1800 mah back in to the pack during charging. The stock prop draws less power, so if you start from 8 minutes you should not over draw your packs. Expiriment with how much you put back in the packs from there and you can adjust your timer accordingly, your flying style will effect how much you draw from the lipo on the average flight.
Thanks,

Steve


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Article ParkZone T-28 Trojan RTF Review Jim Walker Electric Warbirds 893 Oct 31, 2016 01:25 AM
Official Parkzone P-51 Owners Thread - Part 2 monitor Parkflyers 2602 Jun 15, 2014 05:51 PM
Discussion Parkzone T-28 Trojan Thread Edge767 Parkflyers 6527 Jun 04, 2008 06:29 AM
Sold Parkzone T-28 Trojan, 480 960kv Motors (2) Joe in Dublin Aircraft - Electric - Power Systems (FS/W) 4 Jan 17, 2008 02:34 PM
Wanted Parkzone T-28 Trojan webejpn01 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 4 Oct 25, 2007 03:48 PM