Simple Delta... a quick build "prop on the front" delta - Page 2 - RC Groups
May 21, 2008, 03:43 AM
Look outside the Square
Theirs always COOL One close by. Airframe is done I'll put the electronics in tomorrow. I have 2900kv ELE C20 so this one will be a Sports Model .

Yep, just about to sit down and watch the State of Origin. What you may ask, Rugby League, the greatest Game on Earth I reckon . Its New South Wales Verses Queensland to-night. An absolute Blood Bath. Yippeeee..........

Most of the Fella's here have Gridiron, you have Football ( Soccer ) we have Rugby and Rugby League. Let the Game Begin.

B x
to remove ads between posts
May 21, 2008, 06:21 AM
D'oh.. Dumb Left Thumb
Box, I don't claim that it flys any better than any other delta... its just simple to build.
The glide on mine is fairly steep...

If you want a rudder why not build a Hoot? https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=316794
May 21, 2008, 06:54 AM
gpw
gpw
“There’s no place like Foam”
Rugby seems to be more a man's game more than football , which seems to be a commercial enterprise more than a game here ...The rugby players around here tape their ears down so they don't get ripped off...all that and no armor.. Brutal !!! Real blood !!! We Love it ...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Notice : Your humble narrator is NOT a Rugby player , but the Band plays frequently at a Rugby Pub for the teams Parties ... which usually turn into drunken brawls/songfests , Lots of BEER!!!... those guys know how to party...!!!
Yeah , we played the Aussies ...Got our butts kicked , but the after party was Most EXCELLENT...

D , Love the delta ... simple is good !!!
May 21, 2008, 07:17 AM
Look outside the Square
Dekan, you read me wrong. You used a ELE C20 2500kv, I'm using a ELE C20 2900kv. I was only talking tongue in check about the extra 400kv making it Sporty. Sorry . I wont be putt'n a Rudder on it either. I like it as is .

You just to luv it GPW.

B x
May 21, 2008, 08:01 AM
D'oh.. Dumb Left Thumb
Gpw, you know what the Brits say about rugby and our football (Soccer)

"Rugby is a game for thugs played by gentlemen and Soccer is game for gentlemen played by thugs"

Thats why no rudder....not in the spirit of the thing.... what size prop Box?
May 21, 2008, 08:12 AM
gpw
gpw
“There’s no place like Foam”
A most perspicacious observation ...
May 21, 2008, 09:30 AM
F-OFF

well now i gotta build another

hi there gents

dekan my man you just had to go and show me another plane that is just what i need i fly at a small park right beside my apt so low noise is my excuse to the wife

and i think i will use lsspj
May 21, 2008, 09:50 AM
D'oh.. Dumb Left Thumb
Gpw.its nice to see the english language is not quite dead

'Hero I hope you have time between your F22's
May 21, 2008, 10:38 AM
Registered HotGlue Addict
Thanks dekan
Next on build list
May 21, 2008, 12:16 PM
D'oh.. Dumb Left Thumb
Gramps....Good luck... let me know if you need any help on any missing dimensions.
I think I have posted all the big ones...

If I did not have my ToonJet clone and the Lazertoyz mini Arrow....I would fettle something up at 17" for a 10g UH motor
May 21, 2008, 08:30 PM
flyin' fool
Love your Simple Delta. One big advantage of sticking the motor up front is you can do high alfa and prop hang, plus it's not as loud.

I've built em with the motor in the middle and at the rear, but prefer being up front with my flying. Got an EPP delta that's been all three, so had a good test of each configuration.

For you guys that haven't tried one, they can't be beat on a windy day, so there's no excuse whining about the weather anymore. Oh, and forget the rudder, not worth the weight and dosen't do much anyways.

* It's 2013 and I've seen the light, so, I take that rudder comment back. It's a great option, but not necessary. With the rudder you can do more funky fun stuff.
Last edited by goldguy; Apr 28, 2013 at 11:14 PM. Reason: * Update
May 21, 2008, 08:49 PM
Okay, so how will this perform on a 16g 1700Kv. Looks like your motor turns alot faster.
May 22, 2008, 01:59 AM
D'oh.. Dumb Left Thumb
18" maybe....

A small prop is a disadvantage for High Alpha....its just that I wanted a very light plane and had an Ele spare.

A 1700Kv BW is probably a better choice.. 7-8" prop.

The extra weight would be an advantage in more windy conditions
May 22, 2008, 03:51 AM
D'oh.. Dumb Left Thumb
Gold, have you converted the Demon Delta to a tractor set up?
May 22, 2008, 10:51 AM
flyin' fool
Got it done and tested. It flys great, better and more fun than a pusher. I can do some really weird stuff with it now. Can't stop flying it, so my other foamies have now gone to the back of my flight line.....for now anyways. I'll get some pictures tonight and get them up here.

Flattie deltas are about the easiest foamies to build, even the Dart or the NutBall, and I've never built one that didn't fly well. It doesn't seem to matter the shape of the platform, as long as you get the balance correct.