Oct 18, 2013, 03:54 PM
Micro Helicopter Electrician
Hi all, just having a little fun.

It's been awhile, hope everyone is doing well.

Thought I'd post something I've been having a little fun with in the last couple of weeks. For my birthday in September I bought myself, with birthday money from my lovely wife , a GoPro H3, Spektrum DX6i and Blade 350QX. I've done a little bit of aerial video with my Walkers Hoten-X and 808 #16 camera but this will be a much more stable video platform.

Here are my first short test aerial videos with the Blade 350QX and GoPro.

Tuesday October 15th in the afternoon in front of my house.
Blade 350QX Test Video 1 (2 min 13 sec)

Tuesday October 15th just after sunset, same location.
Blade 350 @ Sunset (1 min 35 sec)

Regards,
John
to remove ads between posts
Oct 18, 2013, 04:29 PM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
Thread OP
Hi John,
It has been a little quiet around here. It is good to see you flying around again.
The footage is amazing.
I havent flown a heli for so long now. Now Iam too scared to try again haha
Things for me have been pretty good lately just working 5 days a week and having my weekends free to ride down the south coast to be with my lady.
About a month ago, I sold my Orange motorbike because it was just too cramped for me to sit in that position for a couple of hours at a time.
So a few weeks ago I found a later model metric Cruiser that had been neglected with lots of weather damage from living it's life outside chained to a waterpipe.
I bought it nice and cheap and after a few days of hard work,It is looking a lot better.
Now with my kids getting older and doing their own things now. I plan to do some touring. Just a week or 2 at a time to get a better look at this country.
Regards Jason
Oct 18, 2013, 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjetski
Hi John,
It has been a little quiet around here. It is good to see you flying around again.
The footage is amazing.
I havent flown a heli for so long now. Now Iam too scared to try again haha
Things for me have been pretty good lately just working 5 days a week and having my weekends free to ride down the south coast to be with my lady.
About a month ago, I sold my Orange motorbike because it was just too cramped for me to sit in that position for a couple of hours at a time.
So a few weeks ago I found a later model metric Cruiser that had been neglected with lots of weather damage from living it's life outside chained to a waterpipe.
I bought it nice and cheap and after a few days of hard work,It is looking a lot better.
Now with my kids getting older and doing their own things now. I plan to do some touring. Just a week or 2 at a time to get a better look at this country.
Regards Jason
Hi Jason,

Now that looks like a sweet ride...especially after all your hard restoration work. I stopped riding motorcycles 35 years ago and think I would really enjoy touring the coast on that even at my advanced age of 63.

Regards,
John
Oct 18, 2013, 05:21 PM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
Thread OP
It is a really nice ride John. It is no Harley, But I can now understand why people like the cruiser bikes.
The last bike was all revs and screaming exhaust and high speeds,But this is relaxing to ride.
I don't get the urge to twist the throttle too far. It has lots of torque at low revs.
Traffic is no fun on it,But the open road is great.
When Lisa rides on the back,I install a luggage rack with backrest and the vibrations of the motor massage her to sleep almost. haha
Do they have bike rentals near you where you could rent something for a weekend?
Regards Jason
Nov 02, 2013, 12:19 PM
Hi Jason,

My back is so shot after 35+ years in construction that my riding days are over. I've never been very tall, I was 5'10" when I was in the USN in 1969...I'm now 5'7". My wife kept saying "I'm looking more directly into your eyes when we're standing facing each other now", there was a reason for that.

I've been playing with my Hoten-X recently and turned it into a FPV trainer. Stripped it all down and added all the FPV equipment, Mobius ActionCam and an Immersion 600mW A/V Tx with a SpiroNET Omni SMA Antenna...all up weight is only 407 grams. Came out pretty nice, just waiting for my Fatshark Attitude's to arrive and I'll be good to go...can't wait.

Regards,
John
Dec 17, 2013, 04:38 PM
Just thought I'd check in before Christmas to see if anyone is still out there. I've been playing around with FPV. I installed FPV equipment on my Blade 350 QX so I have some more options. It's taken awhile for me to get somewhat use to it, still a work in progress...great fun though.

Here's a little video I took with my Hoten-X FPV Trainer. It was a beautiful day so I was able to get to the ball field early enough to fly before the winds and people. As it turned out I only had about 45 minutes before the wind came up an people started showing up. I found it fruitful none the less, getting a bit better with each flight. I sould have kept flying awhile, but when I saw the little girl on the bike crossing the field, that was time for me to pack up and go.

Hoten X FPV 3 (4 min 14 sec)

Merry Christmas,
John
Last edited by 1Hammer; Dec 17, 2013 at 07:11 PM.
Dec 24, 2013, 03:23 AM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
Thread OP
Hi John,
That looks awesome.
I believe FPV takes a lot to get used to.
I hope everyone there has a safe and happy Christmas and a Great new year too.
Regards Jason
Dec 24, 2015, 01:43 AM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
Thread OP
Hi Guys,
I hope you are all still doing well.
Iam going well and still alive.
Just wanted to wish everyone a safe and Merry Christmas.
Dec 24, 2015, 04:15 PM
Hi Jason,

Merry Christmas! Glad to hear you're alive and hopefully going well. I'm still around, moved on to multi rotors and now building flight controllers for micro multi rotor's.

Regards,
John
Apr 16, 2019, 07:09 AM
any of my buddies still around?
Been eyeballing my 4#6 moth and thinking about trying to fly it. Been years since I have flown. Still have spare parts enough to repair a few crashes.

I can't imagine folks know what flybars are or are relegated to ancient technology. I remember getting out of helis/quads because of the electronics taking the skill of flying away. Made it too easy to be fun.
Apr 20, 2019, 02:48 AM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
Thread OP
Hi Bill,
Iam still here, but very rarely these days.
Happy Easter. I hope everyone is doing well.
I haven’t flown anything for way too long now.
I have been toying with the idea of buying a DJI Mavic Air to get some nice pictures,but still undecided.
Regards Jason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Vaca
any of my buddies still around?
Been eyeballing my 4#6 moth and thinking about trying to fly it. Been years since I have flown. Still have spare parts enough to repair a few crashes.

I can't imagine folks know what flybars are or are relegated to ancient technology. I remember getting out of helis/quads because of the electronics taking the skill of flying away. Made it too easy to be fun.

Quick Reply