Sep 29, 2011, 05:48 PM
Hi all,
I've gotten to a place where a tough decision is needed...

We're at a place in the reconstruction where we need sheet rock. Do we NEED the sheet rock as bad as I WANT a Genius? I've got to say the sheet rock will most likely win, but I want a Genius so bad I can taste it! Tracy will make me feeling guilty by telling me to get the heli. She does a lot of psyche games, whether intentional or not. Like asking if I'm going to build a fire instead of asking me to build a fire.
Wonder if Terence has a "lay away" ?...

regards,
Bill
to remove ads between posts
Sep 29, 2011, 06:20 PM
Micro Helicopter Electrician
That's a tough call Bill. Gyp board will make your domestic life MUCH more enjoyable...on the other hand, the Genuis will satisfy your heli addiction. I think the Genius will be around for awhile, you won't miss out.

I'd go for the sheet rock.

Regards,
John
Sep 30, 2011, 03:56 AM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Vaca
Hi all,
Jason,
The new job sounds OK, once you get through the training phase and gain their confidence. At least you don't have to hide or fear the phone on weekends.

So, did these school mates age as gracefully as we did? My wife says I've gotten better looking as I matured....Gawd, I musta been one ugly bugger, if this is better.

the house
I tried to photo that, what is almost presentable. There are 3 chicken coops and 2 or 3 "sheds" in varying states of disrepair...It's getting better....and if we get company, we have 5 bedrooms...in 4 buildings.
We still have tons of junk to sort through. It would be much easier if we KNEW for sure it was all junk....anyone need a bathroom sink? We have 4 that are sitting in our "yard"!

My sister and I were discussing wrinkles....she was noting that large people don't get them as bad...
my comment to that...
thin people's wrinkles run vertical, large folks' run horizontally.

regards,
Bill

just heard some BAD news... some idiot was planning to use RC planes to "bomb" the Pentagon and White House. You can extrapolate a govt reaction. .

Hi Bill,
As you can see by the attached pic. They aged much better than I did. I was always an ugly kid Funny how we just don't grow out of some things.
Regards Jason
Sep 30, 2011, 08:08 AM
That's a good lookin' crew!
Concerning my Gyp board vs Genius... I can have both, with the help of a friend.
Jason,
I still have enough AU dollars to buy a Genius. Could I send you the $'s for it and have it shipped here?

regards,
Bill
Oct 01, 2011, 08:01 PM
Yes I looped the MSR post 5388

I am back from Greece

Hey guys

Sorry I havent been round much lately, I ran off to Greece in a hurry, had to fix the house as it was in a bad state.

To cut a long story short, I went for a month, spent 4 days in bed with gout... good food and alcohol to blame for that, and went all over the place, the wife and youngest daughter were there for 2 months before I arrived...

Anyhow I had a chance to test out my new DSLR camera

took a few shots (over 1,000 photos)

Elias
Oct 06, 2011, 08:16 PM
Hi all,
Elias,
If I'd known about all this, I woulda been nicer to ya

You sure that "gout attack" wasn't a 4 day hangover? too much uzo

looks like a nice time.

Our electric work is almost done. I was stuffing "cotton candy" [pink Owens/Corning] insulation up. I'm pondering a "fake" wall....It used to hide the end of the trailer I removed. It has some gaps that really need to be addressed....basically, needs to be torn out and framed anew.Not load bearing at all, so , that makes it easier.

No joy from the post master, BOOOOO!!!Hiss ..
maybe manana

regards,
Bill
Oct 07, 2011, 02:13 AM
Yes I looped the MSR post 5388
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Vaca
Hi all,
Elias,
If I'd known about all this, I woulda been nicer to ya

You sure that "gout attack" wasn't a 4 day hangover? too much uzo

looks like a nice time.

Our electric work is almost done. I was stuffing "cotton candy" [pink Owens/Corning] insulation up. I'm pondering a "fake" wall....It used to hide the end of the trailer I removed. It has some gaps that really need to be addressed....basically, needs to be torn out and framed anew.Not load bearing at all, so , that makes it easier.

No joy from the post master, BOOOOO!!!Hiss ..
maybe manana

regards,
Bill
Oh the gout attack was self inflicted, yes hard to stay away from foods and alcohol while in Greece.... They call it the Kings Disease if I remember correctly...

hmmm Insulation.... hate putting that stuff in.... I need to do it at the house in Greece at some stage... but going there in Summer Time welll lets just say its the last thing on my mind

Working with no load bearing walls is easy... I remember not so long ago we had to make an opening in my mother in laws house and it was a main load bearing wall, even with stands (steel poles with adjustable centres) etc steel I bars and so forth it was still a major issue.

Elias
Oct 09, 2011, 07:34 AM
Hi all,
We're having a bit of a cold spell...26`F at the bottom of our hill. Somewhat warmer here, by several degrees. But still too cold for my bones...and no fireplace yet.
But....ran into a friend that has an old fireplace insert they're willing to give us. Gotta go check it out. If it's any good, it will save us at least $400. I'm hoping it can be closed up to conserve wood.
Here's a few pix...sorry the first one are of the roof line and not too interesting, except to John. We have a spot where 3 pitches come together in a not so graceful manner. I think I have it figured out...we'll see what John comes up with. I'm thinking of spanning the two peaks. Won't be mmuch pitch, but we don't get a lot f precip. Just need enough pitch so water doesn't sit up there.

They didn't tear down ANY old structures....just reuse/repurpose them. This is one of our storage "sheds". We have two of these Yes, it's an outhouse...

regards,
Bill
Oct 11, 2011, 07:41 PM
Hi all,

I'm responding to John's query about the impending birth of my Genius...

OK..in pic #3 of the house. See the window between the lattice and the door? That's the fake wall I spoke of. I tore it out and...well, there's a blue tarp covering the hole now. I created an "abortion". What a mess. I wish I had not opened this can o worms... I have to think on this overnight. It IS colour coordinated though. Matches the trim perfect.
I will get to the PO tomorrow. Got to see a free fireplace insert at the same time... . Need a little work, of course.We can get a Franklin stove, free too. Maybe for the cottage?

those last two pix I posted are the antique truck axle "trailer". it had a wooden bed. You can see what's left of that. Metal lasts FOR EVER here
Paint, plastics, and rubber are transient things.

regards,
Bill
Oct 12, 2011, 05:15 PM
Hi all,
Thank you, thank you, thank you, and thank you!!!!!
My Genius is here...at home. No time to mess with it at this moment. I have this hole in my house half framed and need to pound a few more nails while it's light.

I'll report back later.

regards,
Bill
Oct 12, 2011, 06:44 PM
Micro Helicopter Electrician
Hi all,

Hope everyone's doing well.

Bill,
You'll love the Genius...it's a sweet little heli.

Looking at picture #3 of your house, I'd say you're correct regarding the roof pitch fix. From the left peak to the right "kinda" peak would create a better water flow and eliminate the roofs in between. The relatively low pitch on the right side will be waterproof as long as it is covered with rolled roofing.

Regards,
John
Oct 12, 2011, 07:57 PM
Hi John,
I opened the box and looked at the heli, briefly.

I had to get a little creative with the fake wall. I put 4 windows in it...from the trailer that was in the house. Has kind of a rustic "retro" feel...like Dundee's "holiday" cabin. I'm using all recycled lumber, so it's taking 3X as long. I have some T111[?] in one of the scrap piles to sheath it with.

Roll roofing is very popular here. The whole complex has it. I'd like to go corrugated tin...later.

Well, to the shower, dinner, some anesthetics, and to program the tx. You may be getting a call.

regards,
Bill

OK...got a test hop or three indoors. This is a lively little bugger, even with Bob's beginner set up. I didn't try 6axis. I think I'm gonna like this one.
Oh by the by...the main motor looks to be very similar to the x-wing ufo. same dia...the x-wing motor might be a few mm shorter. If the Genius mount and the motor separate...might be useable, if the shaft is long enough..
Last edited by Air Vaca; Oct 13, 2011 at 12:42 AM.
Oct 14, 2011, 05:14 PM
Hi all,
Well, the wall is sheathed and insulated. I get to relax today. I replaced to one window with 4, what a difference...you can see in the room w/o a light. It was so dark, you needed a light during the day.

Got a few packs in. Getting it tweaked to my likings. I'm using Bob's beginner set up. He had some +expo and I found it too "dead" around center stick, I changed that to 15% negative. I almost lost my spur gear. It popped off in a less than graceful landing. Oh, I found the ST1, with 27% negative pitch [@ zero throttle] easier. I don't quite understand that. But having a great time ....this heli is begging for some "stupid human tricks" with it. I haven't tried "stunt" mode, yet.

regards,
Bill
Oct 16, 2011, 10:30 AM
I HOOVER because I SUCK!
hey guys- I am trying to teach my 10 y.o. nephew how to fly the 4#3b

I was wondering if anyone here knows how I can hook up the 2401 tx to my computer?

been trying to research what cable is needed, but not much joy

anyone have a link to the approriate cable??

mk
Oct 16, 2011, 11:46 AM
No help here...I played with Amp's sim when I visited. Only time I had with one...sorry

Quick Reply