Sep 20, 2011, 09:55 AM
tapping foot on the floor...Well John?!?
I didn't see a flight report. Still setting up the rx, too engrossed in flying it or...?

regards,
Bill

I have $200AUD I'm considering sending to Jason so he can have one sent to me ....the bank here gouges on exchange.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 20, 2011, 10:55 AM
Micro Helicopter Electrician
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Vaca
tapping foot on the floor...Well John?!?
I didn't see a flight report. Still setting up the rx, too engrossed in flying it or...?

regards,
Bill

I have $200AUD I'm considering sending to Jason so he can have one sent to me ....the bank here gouges on exchange.
Hi Bill,

Unfortunately, I was called away to take care of some family business, so hobby time was cut short yesterday. Hoping I can get some time to play with the Genius later this afternoon.

Regards,
John
Sep 20, 2011, 12:28 PM
sorry to hear that...
Sep 20, 2011, 12:43 PM
You know how things go.

On a good note I'm in the process of charging batteries...I think I was able to get the Genius "dialed" in the little time I had to experiment.

We shall soon see.
Sep 20, 2011, 01:43 PM
OK, I just finished flying 4 packs in my Genius outside in a very confined area, the wind is 6 to 8 knots with an occasional 10 knot gust...here's my first impression after getting it "dialed in".

VERY NICE!!! Stable yet extremely quick when you want it to be. Good climb out and plenty of power to overcome some pretty strong wind downdrafts when doing some low flying.

Timed my flights to 5 minutes and only discharged the stock LiPo's to about 65%. Still waiting for my Hyperion 240's to arrive.

I think we have a winner here.

Regards,
John
Sep 20, 2011, 03:21 PM
Damn you! both of you
Now I really want one.
I'm afraid you would say that. So far, it seems to have a good percentage of thumbs up reviews.

regards,
Bill
Sep 20, 2011, 03:32 PM
Another thing I forgot to mention, I didn't have to adjust anything on the Genius out of the box. Just had to get the 2801 PRO settings dialed in and I was flying.
Sep 20, 2011, 04:50 PM
Oh shut up already

You have heard of the "Eco-Mower"...code for the old fashion cylindrical push mower? Well, I was using an "Eco-Weedeater" ...the olde whip sickle What fun! You know, in the 3hr I was using it, I NEVER had to replace line and took out some shrubby stuff. It's quiet, too, except for my huffing and puffing.

regards,
Bill
Sep 20, 2011, 05:08 PM
I have an "Eco-Mower" & "Eco-Weedeater" and use them. I know all to well how the body feels after even 1/2 hour using them.
Sep 20, 2011, 05:21 PM
I wore a hole in my hand, through the glove. Blame it on dish pan hands.
House husband isn't all it's cracked up to be. Working is a lot less responsibility.
Sep 20, 2011, 05:30 PM
I wash the dishes by hand to...stopped using the DW years ago.

I was shoveling some rock this afternoon, not smooth round rock, rough jagged rock. I hate shoveling rock of any kind, but jagged rock is a real PITA!
Last edited by 1Hammer; Sep 20, 2011 at 05:57 PM.
Sep 20, 2011, 06:20 PM
I hate moving rock. The shovel just bounces off. you almost have to pick it up by hand and put it where you want it.
Sep 20, 2011, 06:28 PM
I tried using my hands but these were ranging in size from slightly smaller than a baseball to a walnut...what a pain. Have much more to move, taking my time and saving my back.
Sep 20, 2011, 06:39 PM
I'd rather be runnin' the "misery whip" than what you're doing.
You could make a few $'s by making a machine that can accurately move small quantities of rock.
Sep 22, 2011, 08:37 PM
Hi all,

Well today's my birthday...60++.

My wife and I drove up the coast a little ways and had lunch at one of our favorite restaurants for fresh seafood that just happens to have a fantastic ocean view. Enjoyed a great lunch, some good wine, ran into a couple of old friends and got some time with them to catch up.

Got home and went out to the deck on the second floor with the Genius to do a some outdoor evening flying. Was about 2 minutes into my flight when I heard a deep thumping sound, similar to a Huey only much louder and the tempo was slower. I landed the Genius because I now realized it was a V-22 Osprey. I looked up and the Osprey passed directly over me in FFF at about 3000 feet, I could almost feel the shock waves from those huge props! After the Osprey disappeared over the ocean, I finished my flight with the Genius and am now charging batteries.

What a great day!!!

Regards,
John

Quick Reply