Oct 08, 2016, 04:44 AM
Perpetual Noob

Channel 5?

Quote:
Originally Posted by diplodocus
I have had a strange experience with my apprentice. The plane has behaved perfectly for over a year,but yesterday it would not go into anything but beginner mode,no matter how I moved the little white tabs in the rx. I was using a DX6i. Eventually I bound the plane to a different DX6i. This time I could not get into beginner mode until I moved both white tabs to off. This is meant for use with a tx with 3 position switch. However this time I have beginner when switch is down and expert when switch is up. Any ideas what is going on?
Sounds as if you didn't reverse Channel 5 so the plane was stuck in Panic mode.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 11, 2016, 04:39 PM
that is exactly what the problem was. The Flap switch on my dx6i which acts as panic button was switched on. I don't use safe so I didn't notice. Thanks for your help!
Jan 27, 2017, 03:05 PM
Have had my apprentice for about 2 years and have had the same problem with the tail section just falling apart in mid flight. Yes I have done the normal stabilization mods and it still is a problem. Ready to give up on the Apprentice and rip out the motor, esc, receiver etc and put it in another plane.
What would everyone recommend that would be an easy build and transfer for another plane?
I am an intermediate pilot just would rather fly than build.
Thanks in advance.
Feb 04, 2017, 12:51 PM
Team Horizon Hobby
So I solved all of my tail grouping issues when I modified my whole airplane. I made a complete new tail for mine with carbon reinforcement in the middle and covered in packing tape! It works great.
Mar 17, 2018, 05:00 PM
Stay away from air edges!

Apprentice SAFE Cowl on Original Apprentice

I am flying an original Apprentice 15e with the Apprentice SAFE Rx (EFLR310013.) I just broke the cowl and picked up an Apprentice SAFE cowl to replace it. The SAFE cowl fits fine and even has the screw holes in the same place.

Jim

Quick Reply