May 15, 2008, 01:27 PM
fast
Gallery

Coyote Buttes, Glen Canyon, Lone Rock - AZ/UT stateline

from ground level the place looks nothing like on aerial pics

btw, National Geographic rated Buckskin Gulch trail 2nd World Best (1st is in NZ) the photo was taken 2 miles south from 30mi long slot canyon
Last edited by fmkit; May 16, 2008 at 10:30 PM.
to remove ads between posts
May 15, 2008, 06:09 PM
YES! YES! YES! (Keep tryin' to upload!!!)
I really enjoy your photos! Especially the Zions!
I even ordered a slinger to bash to be like You!
A suggestion: Go check out the Canyon De Chelly just down from 4 corners, on the New Mexico/Arizona border, fly slinger around "Spider Rock" and you'll get some more spectacular shots!
Last edited by mlmcquiggjr; May 15, 2008 at 08:13 PM.
May 15, 2008, 08:33 PM
Yes! I agree! Fix the error and keep 'em coming! I always enjoy your flights and AP.
The first pictures looks like and ancient water falls of some type.
May 15, 2008, 09:22 PM
DWA
DWA
1Corinthians 13:1-8
Looks like you have some nice smooth and soft landing zones.

Great pics.

Dave
May 15, 2008, 11:17 PM
Aerial Photographic Art! Excellent!

Old Man Mike
May 16, 2008, 01:42 AM
Professor of Wood
Now that's some cool AP. Yes please, load more if it will let you.

Dan
May 16, 2008, 03:02 PM
fast
thanks !

now I'm 30mi away but still on AZ/UT stateline in Glen Canyon camping on Lake Powell at Lone Rock beach. Utah is so colorfull !
I flew my little (under 400g AUW) scout plane with DSLR Canon camera (technically SD20 is single lens cam ) just 5minutes ago and here is a pic. Wait few hours till sunset, imagine how the beach and Lone Rock going to look like.

edit added:
This Afternoon: Sunny, with a high near 70. North northeast wind around 14 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph.
as you see the beach is busy but few in the water - too windy !
I also have kayak but have to wait for wind to calm. Good thing I can fool around with my 35" wing as turned to be out trully all weather all terrain AP plane
Last edited by fmkit; May 16, 2008 at 04:55 PM.
May 16, 2008, 07:02 PM
Wow! Waht a beautiful place! Such vibrant colors! With that wind, it must be a sail boat's dream. Thanks for sharing!
May 16, 2008, 08:30 PM
fast
I'm in love with my new AP plane
it is so small and quiet to fly anywhere, no longer I feel like criminal !
today I flew it hours to please crowds
just few inches of wingspan make difference between "dangerous" an "cute"

here is my 35" flying wing with Lumix LS75 onboard
somebody tell me which shot best
May 16, 2008, 09:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmkit
thanks !

now I'm 30mi away but still on AZ/UT stateline in Glen Canyon camping on Lake Powell at Lone Rock beach. Utah is so colorfull !
I flew my little (under 400g AUW) scout plane with DSLR Canon camera (technically SD20 is single lens cam ) just 5minutes ago and here is a pic. Wait few hours till sunset, imagine how the beach and Lone Rock going to look like.

edit added:
This Afternoon: Sunny, with a high near 70. North northeast wind around 14 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph.
as you see the beach is busy but few in the water - too windy !
I also have kayak but have to wait for wind to calm. Good thing I can fool around with my 35" wing as turned to be out trully all weather all terrain AP plane
Awesome pictures!

13 years ago my company worked on that power plant you can barely see in your 2:30 picture. Its in the top right corner. You can kind of make out the 3 stacks.

I havenít been back there since then and spent a lot of time on that lake. Brings back some good memories. Thanks.

It sad to see the water level as low as it is now. You can see the high water lines on the rocks.

Any chance of getting some shots of the dam? I use to fish off the rocks on the AZ side just up from the dam.

Keep em coming..........
May 16, 2008, 09:42 PM
fast

As promised in the morning ..

I knew Lone Rock will be better looking by sunset

Park ranger (NPS) saw me flying and just ignored ...what a useful AP plane !
May 17, 2008, 12:18 AM
Great photos, I pass thru that area every time I go to Tucson to see my kids but weather or time doesn't allow flying. Its great to see someone that loves his plane and flying. Keep the photos coming.
May 17, 2008, 01:41 PM
fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by upandown2
Any chance of getting some shots of the dam? I use to fish off the rocks on the AZ side just up from the dam..........
the dam (same as Hoover Dam) well monitored by police as well park rangers, their headquaters right next to the dam. I think 35" plane still too big for close up shots or movies - working on 25" AP plane with the same 60watt motor new plane will be even faster.

here are few pics taken above Lees Ferry 3 days ago, the ferry is few miles down the dam.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...6&postcount=43
May 17, 2008, 04:17 PM
Smile & wave
WOW, Awesome, wonderful, beautiful, there arenít enough words to describe what Iím seeing with your pictures.

Keep them coming.

Gray.
May 18, 2008, 10:21 PM
Hi fmkit!!!

I just love what you have been doing with you wing taking vids and pics...you inspired me to build one for AP to add to my AP fleet. I used Tony65x55's Flying Wing design.

Here's the details in the build thread:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...05#post9784305

and a link to some video.

60" KFM3 Flying Wing for AP (1 min 45 sec)

I can't wait to get some shots with this bird!

Thanks for your voyage and keep posting your pics!

PS