May 14, 2008, 06:24 PM
Norbert
Thread OP
Discussion

Pics of Eugendorf near Salzburg, Austria

Last Monday was the first time I mounted the Sony DSC-W100 to my Easystar. The weather was fine, although a little bit windy (actually too much wind for a first test flight but luckily everything went well).

The pics show Eugendorf where we spent the weekend. Eugendorf is a small village in about 15 km distance to Salzburg, Austria. On one of the pics one can see lake Wallersee in the background.

I used landscape mode on the camera, as there is no 'sports mode' or similar. With the nice weather and plenty of light the landscape mode worked very well. I will still have to experiment to find the best automatic mode though.

Norbert
Last edited by EyP3; Jan 11, 2010 at 04:57 PM.
to remove ads between posts
May 14, 2008, 06:46 PM
Very nice! Pretty village! Nice color, you did well! Thanks for sharing!
May 14, 2008, 07:46 PM
Eyeball Engeneer
Great pics, thanks! I have spent a lot of time in Austria but I have never seen it in the summer! I am a former member of the US Snowboard team and I used to spend a few months every year for ten years competing around Europe.
May 14, 2008, 08:42 PM
Very nice pictures. Looks like a very small town. How do the people there make their living? Are they farmers?
May 14, 2008, 09:14 PM
If it flys I can crash it!!!
Norbert,
You have some fantastic country side there! Top pics, thanks for sharing them.

cheers, Paul.
May 14, 2008, 09:47 PM
its always fun to see AP from different parts of the world....nice pics...
May 15, 2008, 02:21 AM
I'm Ginger & called Adam
They came out well - normally landscape mode would introduce longer shutter speeds so you would expect some motion blur.

It was either a nice bright day or the plane is slow/smooth?

Adam
May 15, 2008, 06:23 AM
Norbert
Thread OP
Thanks to all for the acknowledgment and kind words!

@MrPete
Must have been a great time, where have you been in Austria?

@upandown2
Eugendorf will have close to 7000 residents now. There are some farmers of course and the rest seems to have mixed professions, like there is some small industry and shops, especially furniture. A lot of people probably will commute to Salzburg, which has about 150,000 residents. Eugendorf was founded rather early, it is first mentioned in 736 (!).

@Ginger Adam
It was both a bright day and I did not fly WOT, of course. The Easystar is powered with a Warp4 brushless motor and the camera is mounted sideways with slight forward and downward angles.
Last edited by EyP3; Jul 08, 2008 at 05:29 PM.
May 15, 2008, 07:20 AM
EyP3,

Loved the photos - very beautiful countryside.

How did you trigger the camera ?

Do you have photos you can post of the camera mounted to the easystar ?

Regards

Mark
May 15, 2008, 07:31 AM
Norbert
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by megamills
EyP3,

Loved the photos - very beautiful countryside.

How did you trigger the camera ?

Do you have photos you can post of the camera mounted to the easystar ?

Regards

Mark
Mark,
the camera is mounted sideways in the canopy (cockpit?) on a plywood board, but the mount was improvised a lot and I don't have a photo yet. The trigger is done by a micro servo connected to the top of the camera. Thanks for your kind comment.
Last edited by EyP3; May 15, 2008 at 09:32 AM.
May 15, 2008, 07:34 PM
DWA
DWA
1Corinthians 13:1-8
Great pics...

Dave
May 15, 2008, 08:10 PM
Eyeball Engeneer
EyP3, I have been to most of the big ski resorts in Austria, pardon my spelling here, Ischgle, Soelden, Hintertux, Krishberg, Kaprun, etc, etc.. You have a beautiful country over there!
May 17, 2008, 10:20 AM
Norbert
Thread OP

as requested some photos of camera trigger and mount

I like that when the camera is set to review mode, the lens is retracted and will come out only with the first servo trigger. The camera is ready to shoot then, but during take off the lens is nicely protected.
Last edited by EyP3; May 17, 2008 at 10:37 AM.
May 17, 2008, 02:22 PM
It flew...nearly!
Lovely pictures Norbert, look at that lovely grass on those rolling hills. Great architecture as well, that's one pretty village. thanks for posting the pics of your mount and EZ*, do you find the aileron mod helps make the plane fly better? If so, In which way(s)?
matthew
May 17, 2008, 03:36 PM
Norbert
Thread OP
Thanks, Duck!
The short answer is: it rolls better
Seriously, the EZ* flies well with and without ailerons, but I absolutely love the improved agility of the plane with this mod. I can only fully recommend it. I used two 9 g servos for the mod which I wouldn't even notice as an additional weight.
Don't make the ailerons too small, though. I am pretty satisfied with the aileron size I chose.

Quick Reply