The official XDP guide - Page 7 - RC Groups
This thread is privately moderated by chrisf testpilot, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Apr 10, 2014, 05:06 PM

Install fun.

This may help, but with Windows, you never know

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2037198
Last edited by GEORGE III; Apr 11, 2014 at 12:21 AM. Reason: Omitted page address
to remove ads between posts
Apr 12, 2014, 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEORGE III
This may help, but with Windows, you never know

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2037198
Thanks George, that did help. Runs fine if I rt click on the shortcut and select "run as administrator" If I just double click on the short cut the text is missing.
Apr 12, 2014, 12:42 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
The application requires that you install it and run it in Administrator mode. Most people just log into the Administrator account automatically unless there are multiple users of the computer, so it's never an issue. Under the PROPERTIES, you can select to the option to always run the application as Administrator.
Apr 18, 2014, 08:21 PM
You can call me FANBOY!
Man somebody should really update this manual...
Apr 18, 2014, 11:10 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Ha! Nice to see you around again!
Apr 19, 2014, 10:09 AM
You can call me FANBOY!
I didnt realize how long it had been until I started looking through the forums. I will have to do an update if I can ever find my XDP.. still trying to dig everything out of storage.
Feb 16, 2015, 12:51 PM
What is the process of getting the XDP to see and set values on the X10+??
I have been able to update all my Nanos and Tx Modules but can't seem to get the X10+.
Feb 16, 2015, 12:54 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
The X10+ needs the Serial Link for communicating with it. You use the same XDP software (which works with the XDP hardware or Serial Link hardware).
Feb 16, 2015, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew
The X10+ needs the Serial Link for communicating with it. You use the same XDP software (which works with the XDP hardware or Serial Link hardware).
To get the serial link to the X10+ I have to hook up to a Nano Right?
What mode does Nano suppose to be in? Normal Binding Mode or Extreme mode for serial link to X10+.
What is power up sequence or when do you put X10+ into the special Programming Mode? See quote from XPS website below.

"To use the XDP.exe program, you must first put your XtremeLink® receiver or X10+ into a special programming mode."
Feb 16, 2015, 04:31 PM
Gotta Luv Gasser Helis..
Don't need a nano with the serial link and X10....
X10 gets its power from the serial link unit .

If all else fails , read the instructions..............
Feb 16, 2015, 07:27 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
The X10+ requires a Serial Link in order to program it. You can't use anything else.