May 13, 2008, 11:54 AM
Discussion

Any demand for LA .10 size bi-plane racer?

Iam thinking of drawing up a sport - semi/scale 36-38" Biplane using OS LA .10 - .15 racer style model. Landing gear optional

The bottom wing small - supports landing gear a bit like a stagger wing?
Design should be easy enough to build - like a magazine pull out. I figure laser cut part avail on demand.

What I should be asking are there alot LA .10 and .15 out there needing a home? I got both and love the little engines.
to remove ads between posts
May 13, 2008, 08:50 PM
Swinger. Heli and planks!
I would be interested!
May 19, 2008, 02:13 AM
piro-maniac........
Quote:
Originally Posted by BennettOZ84
I would be interested!
as would I......
May 19, 2008, 06:46 PM
Master of the Figure "9"
Could be an interesting design. You should consider designing it for something like the OS .15CV-A with a tuned pipe, or Nelson .15. If anybody gets a hold of it who does race quarter midget, they'll want to hang a hot .15 on it. Racers go fast and turn left hard. It'll need to be able to handle that reliably.

Hogflyer
May 19, 2008, 08:24 PM
I'm in for a .10 size. I just crashed my .10 size plane . See my blog.
Anyway, my OS .10 FX needs a new home.

-Rocko
Jul 29, 2008, 10:02 PM
Ken,

Any updates?

-Rocko
Jul 30, 2008, 06:49 AM

Drawing is slow - but making progress

Ya still kicking the idea around - Been drawing up a little bipe for fun when I have some free time. - Got the OS LA.10 drawn so I can move it around

I still like the little Hot Canarry type layout buzzing near the top of my list.
Last edited by Ken Park; Jul 30, 2008 at 01:27 PM.
Jul 30, 2008, 07:48 AM
Ken,

LOL...I was just thinking that last night about a Hot Kanary.
I have an old Top Flight Hot Kanary kit that I picked up on ebay some time ago. I was thinking that would be a fun little plane with an OS10. The wings would probably have to have to be fairly thin to keep the weight down. I think the Kanary wings are fairly thick for a 40 size bipe.

My plans in the kit were suffering from old age so I had hard copies and PDF's made.

If you need any input let me know. I have a OS10 on the shelf begging to be flown. I use a great laser cutter in Iowa. Keep me posted.

-Rocko
Jul 30, 2008, 01:36 PM
Ken,

Here's another option I've been looking at. It would need to be scaled up a bit for an OS10. Plans are only $15.50 shipped rolled.

http://www.hostetlersplans.com/smallboogie.html

Here is the big one for a side view.
http://www.hostetlersplans.com/boogie.html

-Rocko
Jul 31, 2008, 06:33 AM

Nice design

Ya gota like the full/tilt design! - Little bipes are fun for sure

I did some quick line layout drawing last night on my laptop and compared sized with other models I have laying around so I could get a size scale for the OS .10 or .15

What I figure is laying out 30" wingspan by 30" fuselage. The Hot Canary 3 view layout has the roughly the same wingspan to length measurements.

Wingspan should be 30" with a 7" cord

My desgin is a sport - non scale - Goodyear racer looker
Jul 31, 2008, 08:01 AM
Size Matters!
Keep running with it Ken.
Subscribe
Jul 31, 2008, 09:28 AM

Got some experience with fast models

I will probably use a variation of this semi/symetrical airfoil I've used before on my SHARK-E - Sharp LE has fantastic penetration on windy days
Jul 31, 2008, 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Park
I will probably use a variation of this semi/symetrical airfoil I've used before on my SHARK-E - Sharp LE has fantastic penetration on windy days
I like it.
What software are you using for the plans?

-Rocko
Jul 31, 2008, 10:20 AM

Bear skins and knives

Ancient - Ashlars Drawing Board 2D drafting program export to AutoCAD .DXF
Aug 11, 2008, 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Park
Ken,
Would you be willing to send me a DXF of this airfoil? I'd like to make a symectrical version of this foil for a project I'm working on. Is it based on another airfoil?

Thanks,
-Rocko