May 13, 2008, 07:28 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Spektrum DX6i Binding Problem

I installed an AR6200 receiver as Model #2, completed the binding and then copied the Model 1 settings to Model #2. When Model settings are copied, the original model settings for the model being copied to are lost and the copy to (Model #2) name is written over as (Model 1). Once the copy to name is written over binding to what was model 2 is lost. In a discussion with Spektrum Tech Support, I was told that they had not seen this issue and it may be because a Model #2 name was created before binding and copying. They suggested that if model naming is used, that the copying be done, the model name changed and then binding be done as the last step. Hopefully Spektrum will issue some kind of notice alerting users.
to remove ads between posts
May 13, 2008, 07:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by berniek
... then binding be done as the last step. Hopefully Spektrum will issue some kind of notice alerting users.
I would have never expected a copied model to work on a different memory slot due to the Model Match Safety feature.

It is always a good idea anyway to rebind your model once you have maidened it, because otherwise your SmartSafe setting may not be up-to-date.

Jürgen
May 14, 2008, 07:48 AM
Thread OP
When Spektrum was troubleshooting the problem, they found that copy worked as described until a model name was created.

Quick Reply