Jan 17, 2003, 01:24 AM
Aerial Shutterbug

Reminiscing about an old friend...just like the first time.

Well I finally found some time to spend on myself, cleared the building desk and now I'm in the middle of building up my MF kit.

From the moment I opened the package and laid out all the gorgeous parts, I began to think about my SB3D.

Yep, removing each bulkhead, laying them out one by one...call me a hopeless romantic? LOL

But the excitement of building once again just ignites that passion for flying, I can't wait! It doesn't have to be 'purple power' and it doesn't even need to be any kind of B.L. power for I remember that maiden flight like it was this afternoon.

Well I am going to finish up the fuse tonight, wings and tail feathers tomorrow, take my time. Geez I gotta start thinking about the color scheme soon!

Sorry if this wasn't an 'informative' post, I just wanted to share that great feeling of building once again...it's just like the first time!

Regards,
Roger
to remove ads between posts
Jan 17, 2003, 08:24 AM
I know exactly what your'e talkin about!!!!
Jan 17, 2003, 08:57 AM
KLH
KLH
Pack Rat
Yes! I understand the feeling. I like to fly, but I really love to build.

Kern
Jan 17, 2003, 10:59 AM
Leave me alone!
The thing about a Miniflash build is that it's over too quickly. The way to keep that euphoria over building is simple though - buy more kits

Martin
Jan 17, 2003, 01:08 PM
Aerial Shutterbug
Ahh but I'm taking my time with this one Martin...about 3 hrs for the fuse!

Roger
Jan 17, 2003, 01:21 PM
R/C Enthusiast
savor every minute.......

but try not to inhale too much glue fumes
Jan 17, 2003, 02:15 PM
Aerial Shutterbug
Too...<ick>...late....

Wouldn't you know it, i actually glued my soda can to the workbench! ROFL

Roger
Jan 17, 2003, 03:04 PM
The One....
Roger, Roger, Roger.... I don't know what to tell you man, your hopeless (jk) I can't take you anywhere hehehe....

Let's have a MF fun fly one of these days @ RSA, MF vs Micro Caps.

You, Me and Compuatic against all of the Steven's Cap flyers
Jan 18, 2003, 04:39 AM
Aerial Shutterbug
Way cool, it's probably been already said but...

This is a nice kit! I really enjoy the extra thoughts that Doug put into this...from the little canopy jig to the removeable wing design.

One thing I did add was an additional support for the wing servo ply mounting plate. I installed this plate flush with the wing and just did not feel comfortable with the thin joint at the front. The rear is supported by the balsa blocks so I cut some from the leftover leading edge stock. Nice and solid!

I completed the plane this evening, taking my time all told - 8 hours. Time to heat up the iron tomorrow.

Roger
Jan 18, 2003, 04:41 AM
The One....
Your worst than me Man!.. 2:30am and your still up
Jan 18, 2003, 04:45 AM
Aerial Shutterbug
LM_O Geno!

Actually I was working on my website (sigh bugs...). What're you doing...hmmmm?

Roger
Jan 18, 2003, 04:49 AM
The One....
I just finish sheeting up my K&A The Odyssey Kit. Should be flying by the time my Radio get's here, as well, as my MF
Jan 18, 2003, 04:51 AM
Aerial Shutterbug
Oh yeah what happened to your radio again? Ouch, darn iron...
Jan 18, 2003, 04:56 AM
The One....
T'was when I was flying my Sokol, Merhdad launched it for me, all of the sudden 3 min, no signal on the throttle. I manage to land safely without chopping peoples heads. (When I fly my pylon racers. Weird, everyone stands behind me Why is that?) LOL

No signal on power
Jan 18, 2003, 05:02 AM
Aerial Shutterbug
Oh that's right, never figured that out? Sorry you had to send it back for repairs...

Now where did I put that other roll of transparent...