This thread is privately moderated by gp125racer, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 10, 2008, 10:37 PM
Lipo abuser ... smoke on!
Thread OP
Gallery

GWS j10

So I finally picked up my 2nd j10 NPS kit from aeromicro yesterday, so I could finish her all up. I made a mistake assembling the canards on the first kit and mangled some of the pieces All my fault, just in too much of a hurry.

Im using a HET 6904 fan w/ a generic United Hobbies brushless motor. Im planning on running 4s 2250 if I can get her to balance (well find out after dinner here). It pulled 501 watts on a fresh pack after 10 seconds. 3s seems pretty solid as well, Ill run numbers on it as well.

While taxiing the plane up and down the street with a 3s pack, gusts of wind tended to knock the plane over, and caused some slight foam damage. I repaired it, but the wingtips are a bit fragile.

All in all, it was a fun build (a bit time consuming compared to other GWS kits Ive done), but the kit came w/ extensions and all other required hardware (minus servos, ESC, etc of course). Hopefully Ill get to maiden her tomorrow morning, and someone will be around to snap some good pics

Don
Latest blog entry: D100
to remove ads between posts
Dec 13, 2016, 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gp125racer
So I finally picked up my 2nd j10 NPS kit from aeromicro yesterday, so I could finish her all up. I made a mistake assembling the canards on the first kit and mangled some of the pieces All my fault, just in too much of a hurry.

Im using a HET 6904 fan w/ a generic United Hobbies brushless motor. Im planning on running 4s 2250 if I can get her to balance (well find out after dinner here). It pulled 501 watts on a fresh pack after 10 seconds. 3s seems pretty solid as well, Ill run numbers on it as well.

While taxiing the plane up and down the street with a 3s pack, gusts of wind tended to knock the plane over, and caused some slight foam damage. I repaired it, but the wingtips are a bit fragile.

All in all, it was a fun build (a bit time consuming compared to other GWS kits Ive done), but the kit came w/ extensions and all other required hardware (minus servos, ESC, etc of course). Hopefully Ill get to maiden her tomorrow morning, and someone will be around to snap some good pics

Don
I realize this is an old post, but I have just ordered a power kit and NPS kit for the J10 and wondering how you liked it or still like it? I wold like to cover the foam to protect it, but not sure if it is worth it. However, it seeks this is referred to as styrene aka EPS and wold make sense to try. Did you? If not what paint did you use. Thanks for any tips. By the way it did look cool in the pics and was wondering if you had any videos of it flying?

Quick Reply