Hellferstout 5 26.32%
Numeric 9 47.37%
Knaughty 5 26.32%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Jan 26, 2012, 07:43 PM
ein flugel schplinterizer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcoot2
Thank you all....and yes, I still ride at 78!!!! Ya can't keep this old hoss down
fer long! Restored (cleaned up, and TLC'd) a 1981 Suzuki GS250L that a rancher buddy gave me. 1,561 miles on that little beauty and it purrs now.

Maybe after the wife gets through with her redecorating wishes I can get back to my flyin' and repairing.

G
Gerald, let's be real here a minute. You're 78 and actually hold the fantasy that your wife will EVER get through redecorating? C'mon, man, I've done more house remodeling and rearranging furniture that a weeks worth of HGTV shows and my wife ain't even wound up yet.

I wish you lived close. My dad's 81 and every Saturday morning we eat breakfast at Denny's. At some point in the conversation the subject turns to bikes. Dad had a few down through the years and and I can tell he wants at least one more shot at the highway. I try to encourage him and tell him I'll buy two if he'll ride one but I get the "I'd feel like a fool. Too old to get back on one". Funny thing is there's a "biker gang" that rolls up just about the time we're leaving every week and I guarantee that half are at least in their late 70's. If I could make friends with some of them maybe they could bring him into the circle.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 26, 2012, 07:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atmosteve
That reminds me to tell you guys, again... I ain't never getting merried!
Merried? You better hope you don't go without getting merried, at least occasionally Steve. Now.........married? Maybe not.

Jan 26, 2012, 07:48 PM
Suspended Account
Jan 26, 2012, 07:52 PM
Quote:
Cool! Bikes, woodies and Marlon Brand............errrr.........Gerald.
Jan 26, 2012, 08:00 PM
Suspended Account
Off down to the beach now Sean, seeing if any new kneeling hi-jump records are being set.

we just got through Australia Day public holiday yesterday and I noticed all kinds of records being set; the number flags you can fly from your ute (pickup) the number of sausages you can throw on a BBQ, the number of beers people can drink in a day, the number of drunking teenagers it takes to stop a car on the Esplanade, and probably kneeling hi-jump on the beach.

Luckily I had my little Sun-Frau with me to keep me on the straight and narrow so no sore head today. Women, who would have thought they coukld be so useful!!!

Have a good weekend chaps and chapette.
Jan 26, 2012, 11:02 PM
Master Procrastinator
Quote:
... it's what you do with what you got that counts.
Told that to an old girlfriend once. And she agreed!
Jan 26, 2012, 11:28 PM
AMA 3959
Man, you guys crack me up The 70's were a blur, the 60,s were a blast And I was just growing up in the 50,s G man , nice cuffs, and bars But to put the thread back on track. I put some wood togeather, well, some carbon and wood, I love to learn new things!

Al
Jan 27, 2012, 12:03 AM
Hi-Start Man
Gerald
I had an old Cushman that looked a lot like yours. It was called a Highlander and had a 5 Horse power BS engine, Run about 45 mph. One speed. Then I moved up to a Cushman Eagle, 8 HP and 2 speed. It would run about 55-60. Rode it to school nearly every day, about 3 miles. Windshield and comfort cover on the front. That was back in 1959-62. Eagle looked like a motorcycle with fuel tank up front. Paid $175 used and sold it for $250. Now they go for about $5000.00. Live and learn.
A.B.

Remember Dad talking about riding an old Harley Davidson 74 and HD 45.
Jan 27, 2012, 12:55 AM
Egads! It's a GIRL!
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanpcola
Hey, where's Katie?
Been keeping busy. Still stink of epoxy.

http://www.bayrc.com/boards/viewtopi...=9040&start=90

The tails will come out tomorrow. Cross your fingers!

Quote:
Anyone tested out the beta rcg style yet?
I've been using it nearly since the beginning several months ago. It's been a VERY amusing ride, waking up each morning to see what changes they did over night.

I was given a pair of OLD DLG fuses, one missing a v-stab, and one rudderless that I want to cut a rudder into. I am thinking long and hard about stretching a Bug wing to fit one of them.
Jan 27, 2012, 01:24 AM
Torn 'twixt buildin' and flyin
Quote:
Originally Posted by alstrahm
Man, you guys crack me up The 70's were a blur, the 60,s were a blast And I was just growing up in the 50,s G man , nice cuffs, and bars But to put the thread back on track. I put some wood togeather, well, some carbon and wood, I love to learn new things!

Al
Ya'll make me feel like a young'n! I can actually only remember as far back as Eisenhower. (And, yes, I DO remember seein' Eisenhower on TV!)

I finally got another piece of ceiling tile for a pinning surface. Trying to figure out what I want to put on the short build list next. BoT, Bug or Mimi. Or sumpin' with a spinny t'ing. A Stik knock off or an Ellipstik.

Nightowl
Jan 27, 2012, 05:05 AM
Balsa Builder. With some foam.
I maiden my motorized Sig Riser 100. A couple of days ago. Calm cold winter day, with lot of soft snow.
It was much faster than i thought! I use to believe that those older wood glider where slow.
It went fine, only one hard landing. But I thought it had to little rudder authority. Is it an idea to expand the rudder surface a little, for better control when turning?
Jan 27, 2012, 05:26 AM
Torn 'twixt buildin' and flyin
I don't know what you were expecting in the way of "rudder authority," but I will say that is not a complaint I commonly hear about the Risers. I would check the throws on the rudder first, Arne. I have not built the Riser 100, but I have the plan, and I have built the Riser 2M, and it looked to have PLENTY of rudder area. I would just try to move linkages in servo arms and control horns to see if I could increase the deflection a bit more, before rebuilding a tail with more area.

Nightowl
Jan 27, 2012, 05:53 AM
Arne, that's a good indication you're probably flying too slow. That might also explain the hard landing. Get the nose down a little more and get some airflow over that rudder, the whole plane should b happier.
Jan 27, 2012, 07:57 AM
Quote:
Off down to the beach now Sean, seeing if any new kneeling hi-jump records are being set.

You bringing your dog with ya Steve?

Jan 27, 2012, 09:42 AM
≡LSF8067≡
Lookin good, Al! The Oculus looks like a real winner. It's more carbonated than my home brewed suds .

What's all this about age....old schmold...you're as old as you feel. Some days I'm 18 and some days I'm 80. I would venture, on average, we all feel like we're in our prime.....rock on gents.