View Poll Results: Please help name this glider
Hellferstout 5 26.32%
Numeric 9 47.37%
Knaughty 5 26.32%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Dec 21, 2010, 10:30 AM
Hot Dawg Glider Pilot
Hi... My name's Jack and I'm a woodaholic.........
to remove ads between posts
Dec 21, 2010, 10:54 AM
"Get 'er Up"
That's not a bad thing! I'm pretty sure there's no need for rehab.
Last edited by lktroiani; Dec 21, 2010 at 11:47 AM.
Dec 21, 2010, 11:50 AM
"Get 'er Up"
The best treatment for that would be "exposure therapy"
Dec 21, 2010, 12:26 PM
Full Scale Better! UOHHHH!
I have some balsa dust I can send you...
Dec 21, 2010, 02:24 PM
Torn 'twixt buildin' and flyin
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeajr
HEY GUYS, I AM GETTING A WOODIE!

One of the members of our club wanted to build a kit. That turned into a discussion of a One Design contest which turned into a club build idea. Now we have six people building BOT kits.

We started a thread on RCG and now several others are also building along with us. We even have some of the surrounding clubs getting involved so their members can build and join in on the One Design contest with their own BOT.

The One Design Contest will be in the summer so we have plenty of time to build. We are also going to allow ARF BOT to be flown too. That was one of the reasons the BOT was chosen, because it could be had as a kit or an ARF.
MMM......errrrrrr..... nnnnnnggggghhh....

Would this also allow scratch-built BoTs from plans, and is this an excuse for me to do something with this set of wing ribs I cut out mumblety-mumblety mumbles ago?

Nightowl

Heya, aeajr, which thread is that you're talking about, with the "group BoT" build?
N'O
Last edited by TheNightowl; Dec 21, 2010 at 02:37 PM.
Dec 21, 2010, 04:54 PM
Proud member of LISF and ESL
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNightowl
MMM......errrrrrr..... nnnnnnggggghhh....

Would this also allow scratch-built BoTs from plans, and is this an excuse for me to do something with this set of wing ribs I cut out mumblety-mumblety mumbles ago?

Nightowl

Heya, aeajr, which thread is that you're talking about, with the "group BoT" build?
N'O
LISF BOT One Design build and contest
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1331363

Scratch/plans built BOT are very welcome. Contest will be on Long Island, NY. As LISF club President I invite you all to participate in the build and in the One Design contest.

We are being very liberal on modifications inside the wing and the fuselage as long as the outer aspect of the wing is not changed.
Last edited by aeajr; Dec 22, 2010 at 09:02 AM.
Dec 21, 2010, 05:41 PM
"Get 'er Up"
Quote:
Originally Posted by schrederman
Hi... My name's Jack and I'm a woodaholic.........
On second thought, I think rehab is definitively in order. We should help Jack out here with a Woodaholics Anonymous 12-step program:

Step 1.

Member should attend as many flying events as humanly possible, allowing support from others afflicted with this obsessive disorder. Exchange of stories involving encounters with thermals of epic proportions and reports of ridiculously unbelievable flight times is a critical part of the recovery process.
Dec 21, 2010, 07:00 PM
Thanks, aeajr.

Nightowl
Dec 21, 2010, 07:26 PM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
Hey that's great news Ed, hope you get the same sort of joy and satisfaction that the rest of us roughnecks get from building and flying wooden(based) gliders. And lucky for you there are so many woody class competitions over in the States, you should be so lucky!
Dec 21, 2010, 07:30 PM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcoot2
By the way, gang

MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY NEW YEAR
and by the way ....I got #5000 post!!!!
g
Well Mr. G how did you beat Jeff to that big round post number; Jeff you are slipping... another case of Wells disease there (to much work and not enough play) - just kidding ya Don.

Likewise I wish all my online RCG mates a safe and happy crazy season. I log on here when I can, read of your antics and it always makes me smile so thanks.

Howdy and seasons greetings from Eyre Peninsula, South Australia
Dec 21, 2010, 07:35 PM
Steve... there isn't enough green pigment in the world to color how envious I am of that location. That is just gorgeous.

Nightowl
Dec 22, 2010, 11:20 PM
≡LSF8067≡
Quote:
Originally Posted by atmosteve
Well Mr. G how did you beat Jeff to that big round post number; Jeff you are slipping... another case of Wells disease there (to much work and not enough play) - just kidding ya Don.

Likewise I wish all my online RCG mates a safe and happy crazy season. I log on here when I can, read of your antics and it always makes me smile so thanks.

Howdy and seasons greetings from Eyre Peninsula, South Australia
Stevers,

Your spring skies there are breathtaking, nice photo! Looks like some great thermal weather. Trying to spend some vaca time on the Oly but there's not enough with the holidays. Had my baby Harlie spayed today and just got her home, she's F'd up like polio. Poor baby can't even walk from the dope.

Ed,

Just out of curiosity, why did you pick the BoT as opposed to a bird from Skybench? I love the planform and it's hard to tell the difference from altitude but from what I've read, Ray's kit is superior.

Owl,

I hope you're feeling better and the pain is easing up a bit...you ok now?

P.S. Sean Brown, are you still with us?! GD, you still there buddy?
Dec 22, 2010, 11:31 PM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
Thanks Owl and Don, here's where I am spending Christmas, fishing is pretty good. It's colder than it looks. Take care up there and don't go lugging any barrels of beer about mates, leave that to the young'uns.

Yep Ray's kits are very well designed, light in weight and not to mention that airfoil that makes all the difference.

Dec 22, 2010, 11:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwells
Owl,

I hope you're feeling better and the pain is easing up a bit...you ok now?
Hey, thanks for thinkin' of me, Dwells. Yeah, I'm pretty much recovered. I can pick up the teakettle now without thinking, "Aghh... ah... other hand...other hand.." lol

With a hair over 25 hours until Christmas Eve by my clocks, it's close enough for me to wish every one: May you all have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, or just a great celebration, whatever holiday you celebrate at this time of the year!

Nightowl
Dec 23, 2010, 10:36 AM
Hot Dawg Glider Pilot
Well... It appears that all of my activity for the coming winter/spring will be cancelled due to a move. Still nothing set in stone, but we're not upside down in our home value, and that seems to be the deciding factor. We have had appraisers out and our home value is above what we paid for it. I expect to have a full-blown move package right after the first of the year. Amarillo... hang on to your shorts... there goes the neighborhood... lock up your daughters... etc... etc... I just hope we can find a place that has a suitable area for my building table. (Someone's gotta be there to make sure G-Man doesn't slack on good flying days! )

This will probably keep me out of SWC and F3J in the Desert... but I'm not cancelling until this is set in stone. The worst part of it is that it will also set the date of delivery for my final plans/building instructions for the Journey back a bit while we move and set up housekeeping... Oh well...

It's December 23... I am just back from a 9-day road trip... and I'm NOT ready for Christmas... But, hey... Merry Christmas to all of you anyhow!!!!! And Happy New Year, to boot!!!!!

PS... I'd rather have been on a 9-day road trip in Oz with Steve! The scenery would have been much better, I'm sure...

JW

Quick Reply