View Poll Results: Please help name this glider
Hellferstout 5 26.32%
Numeric 9 47.37%
Knaughty 5 26.32%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Jan 03, 2010, 01:28 PM
That looks great Don. I wish I could build that clean.

Wanderer New Years Day Flight (1 min 34 sec)

I found the sink on New Years. I'm pretty sure I was last in the postal competition.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 03, 2010, 01:57 PM
≡LSF8067≡
Thanks TD. Damn, that looks cold dude! Yup, plenty-o-sink there for sure...burrrrr. At least you got out there and did it, that's what counts.

Don
Jan 03, 2010, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwells
Thanks TD. Damn, that looks cold dude! Yup, plenty-o-sink there for sure...burrrrr. At least you got out there and did it, that's what counts.

Don
Yeah, it was worth it too, I mean besides almost falling a few times while throwing the DLG and almost getting my car stuck in the ditch.

I was surprised no one else showed up. Man, my club is boring.
Jan 03, 2010, 02:12 PM
≡LSF8067≡
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDisaster
I was surprised no one else showed up.
LMAO...I'm not...
Jan 03, 2010, 04:32 PM
Silent Wings
TD
What a hoot! I thought while watching the video "Hell, he's frozen in place, and the video will continue til the battery quits!" then I saw your plane come into view. My hat's off to you for the endeavor.

Don
Wow! Told ya'.......now, you going standard on the tips or are you gonna be adventuresome?
Gerald
Jan 03, 2010, 04:38 PM
≡LSF8067≡
You know me Mr. G, just a slight twist .
Jan 03, 2010, 04:52 PM
It wasn't too cold. Plus I had my DLG to keep me warm .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuIa5Ko_Co4

That wingtip looks great Don. I wish I had something wood to build.
Jan 03, 2010, 06:10 PM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyb0y
Stiff upper lip guys

We will be flying off a frozen lake covered with snow, lol

I have a mitten for my transmitter and a hand warmer or two to shove in there , should be a hoot

Happy New Year Gents!

Joe
Quote:

That wingtip looks great Don. I wish I had something wood to build.
Joe and TD, I can't even imagine walking out into that kind of weather, let alone trying to fly in it. You guys are made from sterner stuff than we northern Australians, the only ice we see is on the TV, were it belongs.

Don, thats a fine, straight looking wing. !! - wanna swap wings dude? - that way you can go and maiden your OlyIII sooner! Think about it, no more waiting around and worrying over building etc, I'll even leave the servo's and wiring in for you, you send yours to me as is. Don't worry, i won't mind fitting them out and covering them, I'll do it without complaint.
Jan 03, 2010, 06:59 PM
Thermal Naked!
What's all that white stuff TD? Looks messy. I didn't make it out today. I wanted to even though it was too windy, but the wife decided we were going to look for a house. I had sooooooo much time to fly when I was single!
Jan 03, 2010, 08:19 PM
≡LSF8067≡
Quote:
Originally Posted by atmosteve
Joe and TD, I can't even imagine walking out into that kind of weather, let alone trying to fly in it. You guys are made from sterner stuff than we northern Australians, the only ice we see is on the TV, were it belongs.

Don, thats a fine, straight looking wing. !! - wanna swap wings dude? - that way you can go and maiden your OlyIII sooner! Think about it, no more waiting around and worrying over building etc, I'll even leave the servo's and wiring in for you, you send yours to me as is. Don't worry, i won't mind fitting them out and covering them, I'll do it without complaint.
LMAO, Thanks but no thanks Tyrone, I'm building these wangs and I'll do the smashin here . Still got a ways to go but I feel good about the next wing sheeting being just like the first. Tried to match the wood as well as possible but there was one inner panel sheet that I replaced. I'll have use for this plank in the future. Back to work tomorrow, thank God...
Jan 04, 2010, 12:25 PM
≡LSF8067≡
How bout dem boys!!? Shut em down, move em out .
Jan 04, 2010, 12:34 PM
I need some building time in t
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwells
How bout dem boys!!? Shut em down, move em out .
What ya talking about there Donnie? That so called game between Dallas and Philly? I ended up turning the channel because I hate seeing any team (Philly) get beat up so bad.

My Chargers had me worried on their game last night. Thought they were going to loose to the Skins just to keep their first stringers safe and healthy for the playoffs. I was glad to see that even the second and third stringers can win a game. Since the game wasn't on the TV here I had to listen to it on-line. If they do make it to the Super Bowl I'm glad that there's very little chance of the weather being like it was the last time they made it. The Polar Bowl

Now.... Back to our regular balsa building programming.....
Jan 04, 2010, 02:33 PM
Silent Wings
Don
Don't take any guff from the "Quigley" guy!
Those tips look sexy, dude!!
Come on "Boys!"

Scaflock
Zorn paid the price.
Gerald
Jan 04, 2010, 05:24 PM
≡LSF8067≡
I was glad here San Diego pull it off against Washington. Yup, them west coast SoCal boys don't like dem cold weather .
Jan 04, 2010, 05:27 PM
≡LSF8067≡
Quote:
Nice form there TD. Schling that mutha!!

Quick Reply