View Poll Results: Please help name this glider
Hellferstout 5 26.32%
Numeric 9 47.37%
Knaughty 5 26.32%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Jan 24, 2013, 08:13 PM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
Well as long as we don't drift towards France...

Just kidding, been to France and enjoyed every moment and have many froggy friends and workmates over the years (not bad for a back-pedal huh?) Still, they do drive like maniacs. Not quite Italian psycho, but near enough in Paris. Anyhow, the Brits couldn't completely save you yanks from the French influence could they, the many legacies linger on..
to remove ads between posts
Jan 24, 2013, 09:19 PM
Thermal Naked!
I think I'm actually up to 3 trucks Steve. Turned left in front of a speeding drunk in a '73 GMC, and broke that truck in half. Had a stoner pull a U turn in front of me in North Carolina and crushed the right side of that truck when I slid into him sideways. Few minor fender benders along the way, but I think I'm holding at three.
I tried driving on the other side of the road when I was in Grand Cayman on my honeymoon. Wouldn't have been too bad if I could have shut off the noise coming from the passenger seat! That was annoying...it kinda sounded like this:
"Nag naaaaag nagnagnag nag nag nag. Naaaaaaaaaaaag, squeal naaaaaaag"
Jan 24, 2013, 09:20 PM
Full Scale Piper Cub Driver
At least Down Under they bathe and wear deodorant. Oh, oh, did I say that???
Jan 24, 2013, 09:34 PM
ein flugel schplinterizer
I've never destroyed a vehicle but my two daughters have wasted more iron that Richard Petty and Jeff Gordon combined. Funny thing is that both are actually good, safe drivers. Well, the older one is, the younger one could whip a car like a dead horse in her younger days.

Funny story about the older one's last total destruction incident. I'll describe it later.
Jan 24, 2013, 10:13 PM
AMA 3959
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanpcola
Oh jeez, next you're gonna say I'm supposed to insert the letter "U" in honor, color, flavor and humor'.

If God had meant for man to drive on the right side of the vehicle he would have made us all left handed.
Sean, us leftys are the only ones in our right mind and by the way, the Sagitta 600 was built, apparently Hoss is really good Asteve, man cave looking good Wish I had room for a car in mine!

Al
Jan 24, 2013, 10:14 PM
life long racing nut & modeler
This sure is a great Thread with all the different stuff going on to keep us tuned in !!!

G Don
Jan 24, 2013, 10:23 PM
Thermal Naked!
This thread has become a book! I just looked back to see how it started. Is it now the longest, most rambling thread in the history of RCGroups? Gets my vote for most interesting for sure.
Jan 24, 2013, 11:14 PM
Um...sold my trailer to be able to get my car into the garage, and low and behold, that space looked really good with the table saw, drill press and band saw out in the open..."hey,...that last bit of perimeter space is perfect for an 8ft narrow wing building bench".....ah...car in driveway permanently....protect your car or have a workshop.....a man's got to set his priorities...
Jan 24, 2013, 11:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Smith1
Um...sold my trailer to be able to get my car into the garage, and low and behold, that space looked really good with the table saw, drill press and band saw out in the open..."hey,...that last bit of perimeter space is perfect for an 8ft narrow wing building bench".....ah...car in driveway permanently....protect your car or have a workshop.....a man's got to set his priorities...
LOL!

I had an interesting conversation with a guy tonight. He bought 20 acres with a farmhouse and shop. Nice, big potential man-cave. He just about had it set up when his mom (in her late 80's) decided to move in. Filled the cave up with her collectibles and such. He emailed me complaining "There's barely enough room in there now for my recliner, guns, TV, beer fridge and me and the dog to hide". I of course replied "What else do you need?". .

Al, my cave filled up quick and with some of the same stuff. I have not only one of those Hemple 50% Ka-6s sitting on the floor but also another one still in the box. Problem is neither one belongs to me.
Jan 24, 2013, 11:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hossfly72
This thread has become a book! I just looked back to see how it started. Is it now the longest, most rambling thread in the history of RCGroups? Gets my vote for most interesting for sure.
Plus 1 Truck Killer!

Daughter's demolition derby: Back in the mid 90's my dad and I decided to go in halfsies on a new car for my oldest daughter. Bought her a 4 door Chev Cavalier. I mention the details because one of the features of that car is a fold down back seat with access to the trunk (boot, bonnet or whatever for the Brit dude).

My Babymomma (ex-wife/daughter's mom) is a good woman but switches year to year between party animal and the Church Lady from Saturday Night Live.

Just after we bought the daughter her new car the ex changed gears to Church Lady mode. One night she cleaned the house out of all evil spirits. She loaded box after box with everything a well stocked bar would have. From Goldschlager to the cheapest Tequila, the Captain, Kahlua, Popov Vodka, everything. She tells my daughter "Put all of this in the trunk of your car (Daughter is late teens then) and give it away to all of your co-workers tomorrow".

So, 5:30 Am the next morning daughter heads off to work. She's motorin' along down Hwy 29 (main 4 lane N/S to town) at about 60 MPH when this 16 YO chick with her new car and license runs a red light and my babygirl T-bones her without a chance to hit the brakes. I mean an epic broadside. Complete annihilation of both vehicles but miraculously neither girl gets hurt. Airbags deployed, car parts everywhere but both step out of their cars unscathed.

Problem is that when my girl;s car decelerated from the impact every last bottle of hooch came flying forward, knocked down the back seat, shattered and spread high octane (and illegal for her) spirits over every square inch of interior upholstery.

Then the Highway Patrol showed up.

I get a phone call at 6:05 AM. "Dad, I have got a huge problem". I haul tail down there and come up on the scene, Automobile debris everywhere, a daughter shaking like a leaf in a hurricane, several surly highway patrol guys and a destroyed champaign gold Chevrolet that smells like a wino on a 5 day drunk.

She tells me the whole story, I get the ex to show up and explain everything, a Breathalyzer, several jokes and a LOT of pleading and my daughter is allowed to head on to work.

Two days later the apple of my eye and I go to the holding yard so she can retrieve CDs and other personal effects from her former chariot. I stop at the front desk and tell the guy we need to grab a few things from the totaled Cavalier out back. He gives direction on where it is and as we leave the office he says "By the way, DO NOT light a smoke anywhere around that car. Whoever was driving was drunk as Kooter Brown (Brown being the family last name BTW).

We had trouble finding it at the impound lot for a while but finally had success by following our nose...............
Jan 25, 2013, 12:18 AM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
Hoss I formally retract my earlier rash assumption and have adjusted my notions of credibility towards you. Accept my apology please.

Yeah Al, I think my 'cave is not so crowded now, cheers for the pic. In fact my sunfrau saw your picture and shot me a knew look of man-preciation for still having space for a car in the garage, sometimes. I owe a debt of gratitude to some of you guys.

Anyhow garage is a mess with me fitting new brake pads today, almost beer o'clock actually. Got country radio playing, pi$$ing down rain outside, at least I can browse woody builds if not do one this arv so life is pretty good.

Sean, people wonder why I look younger than my years sometimes, I can only put it down to not being married with kids- eoisodes like the ones you sometimes describe would have me feeling 90 years old with worry! Heck it's bad enough giving birth to a wooden sailplane!!
Jan 25, 2013, 12:23 AM
who has rabbit ears down
Way to go Sean! And I thought I was a yarn spinner!
Jan 25, 2013, 02:09 AM
life long racing nut & modeler
Hi Sean

Your little Daughter must have a little kitty cat in her as i think she used one of her lives in that car crash, boy talk about lucky as that could have been the ball game.

Sometimes i think the man up-stair's is really looking out for us all, as i have dodged the bullit a couple of times myself in my racing & bike stuff in the past and 2 times on the road too

G Don
Jan 25, 2013, 07:36 AM
Egads! It's a GIRL!
Speaking of scrap iron, did I post the picture I got from the insurance company yet? Not only does it show the extensive damage, but it also shows that the tow company the city uses stole my GPS.
Jan 25, 2013, 11:20 AM
Good, fast or cheap, pick two
Sean,

Like you, I have two daughter's and am thankful that neither of them had a episode like yours did. Yikes, scary stuff and I'm glad that she and the other girl were fine. I'll bet that the story is legend in the police precinct "you'll never guess what happened today" kind of thing.

Agreed - great thread!!

Quick Reply