View Poll Results: Please help name this glider
Hellferstout 5 26.32%
Numeric 9 47.37%
Knaughty 5 26.32%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Nov 15, 2012, 06:03 PM
I need some building time in t
Yeah... you didn't miss much Don.
1. Sean never showed up with the beer, Or he drank it before the party even started.

2. The dancing girls were already booked for another party and we were getting ready to put Katie to work (Just kidding Katie!)

3. Captain C forgot the Captain M.

4.And last but not least I guess we were all too busy to post much while you were gone.

We'll try harder next time.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 15, 2012, 06:07 PM
ein flugel schplinterizer
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwells
You rascal! Wait'll I'm gone to party, that hurts, Jeff....sniff....really does .

Things went great at Dell Nashville, we're hitting all their campuses...next is Panama City.
Dude, you mean Panama City FL? If you are heading there and have any free time I could drive over and buy you lunch or dinner.
Nov 15, 2012, 07:13 PM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
Nice score Al!
Noice work(ifyacangetit) Don!
Nice classic Canard action Cap'n C?!
Nice-inyerface-test results Katie!
And... nice bit o' bs work there Jeff!

Heading over to your build thread next TJ.

Three more night shifts to go, then I am free. Then my sunfrau and I have a whole week together here free to play tourists about the Katherine region before we fly back to Hervey Bay Qld. Ah yes, a house and a workshop by the sea, a slope, and the best weather in Australia, we can"t wait.
Nov 15, 2012, 07:41 PM
life long racing nut & modeler
Hi Steve

Sounds like your new pad will be a great nest for the new BB to born in.

G Don
Nov 15, 2012, 07:54 PM
ein flugel schplinterizer
Quote:
Originally Posted by atmosteve

Three more night shifts to go, then I am free. Then my sunfrau and I have a whole week together here free to play tourists about the Katherine region before we fly back to Hervey Bay Qld. Ah yes, a house and a workshop by the sea, a slope, and the best weather in Australia, we can"t wait.
Congrats Steve, sounds awesome and exciting!

I Googled Hervey Bay. Quite a fabulous place, absolutely gorgeous and a population of 63,000. Sounds like the perfect size town too.

Another good point is that when I googled images for Hervey Bay I happened on a photo of a house there for sale that is styled close to mine and has a new style of shutter I've never seen before. Found my next project! Or, I could just move there........................

I wish.
Nov 15, 2012, 08:23 PM
Hot Dawg Glider Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanpcola
I wish.
Me to... Darth Disappointed...
Nov 15, 2012, 08:46 PM
Master Procrastinator
Don't expect to see much yet on my build thread Steve, I mainly just got it back on the bench after cleaning up a bit, then I drove back to work for the wek today so I won't be doing anything on it for the next 7 days at least. It took me a few hours to remember what I'd done prior in order to start again and have each root rib match at the fuselage. Sorry to disappoint mate.
Nov 15, 2012, 08:57 PM
Egads! It's a GIRL!
Eyyyyyy, watch it there, Jeff, or I'll just knit you a really *unique* cap and slip some nice, slow CA in the brim.

Nov 15, 2012, 10:30 PM
AMA 3959
stash update!!!!

K wing off to Jeff tomorrow!

we will work the details out later!

Katie, here is what the sailboat is supposed to be!

here is whats inside the kit, seems to be missing the formers for the hull possibly the keel. it does have the planking and a lot of nice wood!

the sails are there. you can have it for $15, other wise I will just keep it for the ply and mahogany.

and if you get a job. for $85, just to you, 3m Bot Arf, complete!

Al
that makes me even and lot of happy campers, and that is just the way us woodies guy rock! Frank is smiling down now!

Al
Nov 15, 2012, 10:47 PM
I need some building time in t
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Stinkpot
Eyyyyyy, watch it there, Jeff, or I'll just knit you a really *unique* cap and slip some nice, slow CA in the brim.

Now Now Katie!!!! I did say I was only kidding! As the only lady here on the thread you have to expect to get a little ribbing from time to time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alstrahm
stash update!!!!

K wing off to Jeff tomorrow!
we will work the details out later!
Al
AL.... You da man!!!! Just make sure the return address is clear so I know where to send the funds to. Heck... This is better service than any mail order joint I've ever dealt with!!! If I can find that spool of fiber optic line I'll send some of it along as well so you can use the kevlar out of it on a future build. Works great for wrapping up joiner boxes and such.
Nov 15, 2012, 11:21 PM
who has rabbit ears down
Had a 'sore sock' meeting tonight-what a drive!
I remembered the name of the mate down under that worked with Bob Cook- Sky Cruiser- did up the tip panels
Great Job there Al! the Anara is other Bird I remembered- more torments later
Link to Anara
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=629872
Last edited by Captain Canardly; Nov 15, 2012 at 11:38 PM. Reason: added url
Nov 15, 2012, 11:23 PM
Egads! It's a GIRL!
Al, those two are the same picture.

Are there actual plans included, or just building instructions? I can get the plans, including the formers, for $20 from AMYA. I'll take the kit.

Lemme tell hubby about that BoT. I have one on the table, but I do t want to say no just yet. It's already assembled! If I get this job, we might just .... We'll see.
Last edited by Lil Stinkpot; Nov 16, 2012 at 12:35 AM. Reason: Punctuation is my friend. :D
Nov 15, 2012, 11:40 PM
who has rabbit ears down
Take a look @ page 2, links from Mr. Editor- pretty fun stuff!
Nov 16, 2012, 10:24 AM
≡LSF8067≡
Well, Jeffernuegen, looks like a buncha party poopers. We need, one of these days, to get together in a central location and party and BS. Flying would be fun but not required.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Stinkpot
Whew! Glad you're back Don.

My second interview went well. I hope. It involved 3 more assembly tests, and I aced them. One of them was a nasty bit of cable threading, with an expected completion time of 22 minutes. It took me 7. They say I would have broken the record, if they kept track of that sort of stuff. Whoop! Wish me luck, it's all up to the bosses now.
Katie, those assembly test ain't nothing for a sailplane builder . I'd hire you in a nanosecond and if they don't, as diverse as you are, it's their loss, baby....move on....

Sean, nope, Panama City, Panama. I'm brushing up on my Spinach .

Stevers, glad to hear you're bout to settle in with no more nights...yeehaw! Next thing you know we'll have a little glider guider runnin around with a balsa stick CA'd to his fingers .
Nov 16, 2012, 11:25 AM
Egads! It's a GIRL!
I got the job! Yippee!

I start Monday, at (yuck!) 6 am, later to move to swing shift (even yucker). But it's a $2 increase over my last job, and without the hour long commute that ate up at least $50 a week. Woo hoo!

Where's the par-tay?!?

Quick Reply