Torn 'twixt buildin' and flyin
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanpcola
Don, don't weigh it, FLY it!!!
Yeah, we SOOO need a "Like" button!
to remove ads between posts
Oct 04, 2011, 09:40 PM
Yee-haw,my OlyIII is on the way

I won't do a build log,because you guys have done a great job of that already.And there is nothing I could do to add to them. Without them,I would really have difficulty,so thanks guys for the build logs and pictures.It will definitely make my build easier.

However I will post pictures as I get to building it,if this Thread is still alive.Or,possibly start another one just showing pictures of the progress. Plus I'm sure I'll have some questions.

Eddie
Oct 05, 2011, 04:26 AM
ein flugel schplinterizer
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNightowl
Owl,

I was quoting my boss/FB. He's way up in years now but has a room full of plaques and trophies to attest to his soaring prowess. Of course we all know to keep things light but anytime a flyer shows up at the field with something new and complains about the AUW he lectures:

"Just fly the damn thing, don't weigh it! If it's too heavy there isn't anything you can do about it right now. If you think about it then it WON'T thermal worth ".

Actually words of wisdom if you think about it.
Oct 05, 2011, 12:42 PM
≡LSF8067≡
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanpcola
I've gone to using hot melt glue on my battery packs since going with LiFe4 packs. They ain't going anywhere. I do use velcro a lot too. I put a piece of velcro on the battery, on the tray AND wrap it with velcro.

Don, don't weigh it, FLY it!!!
Dude, got to weigh it in! It's the very last thing before I crash it so I'll know how much my repairs add .

Eddie,

I'm glad to here your kit is on the way! When I got mine, I sat down with a six pack, unrolled the drawing and marveled at the contents of the kit...very enjoyable .
Oct 05, 2011, 11:03 PM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNightowl
I'd second that motion!

Now this is a real hotel!
Oct 05, 2011, 11:05 PM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
Don, let her loose!!
Oct 05, 2011, 11:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwells
I'm glad to here your kit is on the way! When I got mine, I sat down with a six pack, unrolled the drawing and marveled at the contents of the kit...very enjoyable .
Well, I don't do six-packs, but I've been known to sometimes just lay out a BUNCH of plans and spend a long time lookin' them over. Everything from peanuts and pistachios to 3M thermal ships, to a few powered designs. I just like lookin' over the plans and dreaming, if I can't actually be building or flying at the moment.
Oct 06, 2011, 07:54 AM
≡LSF8067≡
Right own Owl! That's exactly what I'm talkin about, lookin and dreamin....

Stevers, I think you're as close to that hotel as you should get .
Last edited by dwells; Oct 06, 2011 at 08:49 AM.
Oct 07, 2011, 10:21 AM
Egads! It's a GIRL!

FG Cobra

Hey, lookit what I found! I think I'm going to go this route.

Maybe.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1327129
Oct 07, 2011, 10:44 AM
Just call me crash for short
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Stinkpot
Hey, lookit what I found! I think I'm going to go this route.

Maybe.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1327129
I was kind of thinking of going this route - https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ighlight=cobra - Keeping it a true woodie.

the Stab was redone for R/C. (post #119 in the thread) For those that might be interested The PDF's are attached.
Oct 07, 2011, 02:36 PM
≡LSF8067≡
Where the hell's scaflock been? Hey Jeff, you out there.....knock, knock!
Oct 07, 2011, 05:46 PM
Quote:
Where the hell's scaflock been? Hey Jeff, you out there.....knock, knock!
Funny you should ask that Don. I hung out with Scaflock (Jeff K) Just this last Wednesday evening. I had to deliver a part to Warner-Robins AFB so I called him. He lives about 10 minutes from the base. I grabbed a motel room for the night and he stopped by on the way to work. Since he had to go in I was forced to drink not only my beer but his too. He's doing great but not getting much biuilding done. He went from layed off/unemployed to overworked. His new job has him working serious overtime and a lot of the projects have to be done at night, hence the 8:00 PM -till ? hours. He's got one on the building table and a ton of kits stacked up but that stuff is on hold for a bit. There's a pretty good chance that he will actually be moving down here to Pcola within a year. The company he is with is planning on opening an office here and for a while he'll be doing the two week here/two week home in GA routine for a bit then he'll transfer here full time. He'll bring some models with him and I'll keep them at my man-cave when he's not around. If he gets down here full time there will be some serious balsa dust flying between the two of us. He really hasn't even had the chance to get on line much but said for me to tell everyone howdy and HE SHALL RETURN!
Oct 07, 2011, 06:05 PM
Quote:
Right own Owl! That's exactly what I'm talkin about, lookin and dreamin....

Stevers, I think you're as close to that hotel as you should get .
Problem then, Don, is I wanna make a pot of strong coffee, lay one out and start hackin' balsa, and I have a TERRIBLE time deciding WHICH ONE?!! The Ellpistik 460? The Mark Miller Mini-BoT? The MB/Dave Jones' Raven? A reduced size scratch-built electric Ugly Stick? (thinking about a 24-inch span flying on a GWS IPS motor.) A Slope Hawk? (A built up swept-wing tailess sloper.) Or even a freeflight plane! A new Gollywock? Another Peck F.A. Moth? A P-30? ?!? Where do I START? lol

To tell the truth, I need to stop Starting projects and finish a few of them. A lot of them.

Sean, thanks for the update on Scaflock!

Nightowl
Oct 07, 2011, 07:21 PM
Owl, I have the same problem. I get sidetracked working on my bosses stuff and what happens is I work on one of his and that gets me pumped for whatever he has, then he gets me to work on something totally different and my wants go that direction. I think I need blinders like they use on horses. I'll start on something like a Marauder, then he'll have me fix an old FF and that gets me thinking about say a Valkyrie and I start looking at the plans, then I have to fix a scale job and I drag out one of my scalies, then it's a glo model, repeat repeat repeat.
Oct 07, 2011, 09:07 PM
Master Procrastinator
I have that same problem.

Quick Reply