View Poll Results: Please help name this glider
Hellferstout 5 26.32%
Numeric 9 47.37%
Knaughty 5 26.32%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Apr 03, 2016, 09:07 AM
These are woodies. Brand new design from Germany, and they fly terrific. Basically half the weight of a Gentle Lady, but with twice the speed.

Specs: between 14 and 15 ounces, 2-meter span, RES controls; Under the build rules followed in Germany, wood construction is specified, with carbon tubes allowed for booms and spars. There are about six designs similar to this, and all show very high performance.

Yours, Greg
to remove ads between posts
Apr 03, 2016, 10:23 AM
Fine looking gliders. greg what covering do you use ? Thanks/ Dan
Feb 06, 2017, 01:58 PM
Helmet...check!!!
Hi... I'd thought I would throw this out there too...

I've got a ton of woodies that I have to get rid of. If you're interested, let me know.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...D-BOX)-UPDATED
Feb 11, 2017, 07:26 PM
Wow!
This is a popular thread. Nearly 18 thousand posts on 1200 pages.
Will I live long enough to read them all?

glidermang, I am familiar with the PURES but how about details of the other designs of the six that you mention in posting #17941 above?
Any information gratefully received,
Tony
Last edited by aerotony; Feb 12, 2017 at 01:41 AM.
Feb 11, 2017, 07:44 PM
I need some building time in t
Not going to happen Mate! I've died three times trying to get through all of them!

As close as we're getting to 1 million views in this thread we should really revive it. Soon as I get my building area set up I'll be doing a couple of builds and would be glad to post progress here as well as in a build thread. Maybe that will resurrect it.
Feb 11, 2017, 10:25 PM
who has rabbit ears down
There's been a lot of "life" within the stories here, of which I could explain one short part being a video Gamer with Ace Combat Infinity, my fav bird needs to be woodified!
Feb 12, 2017, 01:19 PM
Hey Johnny! Check your PMs

Jeff
Feb 12, 2017, 05:15 PM
who has rabbit ears down
Done! I'll be taking my 4k step walk now, our first 'puppy search' came up as quite insane- we will stick to the Humane Society, the rules are the same as 2004, when we found Lady! LD
Feb 13, 2017, 11:43 AM
Going down to the LHS tomorrow to start stocking up on balsa/ply to start building with. Going to start off with a highly modified Ridge Rat as I can fit it on the table in my office. All of these good looking slope flying sites around me going to waste has got to stop.
Mar 03, 2017, 08:03 AM
≡LSF8067≡
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaflock
Going down to the LHS tomorrow to start stocking up on balsa/ply to start building with. Going to start off with a highly modified Ridge Rat as I can fit it on the table in my office. All of these good looking slope flying sites around me going to waste has got to stop.
What's up Jeff?! Been a looooong time since I was here. I sure miss the old days on this thread. I haven't flown in 4-5 years now. Haven't done anything with sailplanes since my grandson was born but he's older now and may can trust him to stay away from my bench. Been doing lots of guitar refurbing and shooting though so staying busy with other hobbies. How bout you? How you been? Any stick time in a while?

Don
Mar 03, 2017, 02:01 PM
No stick time but lots of gold mining time the last few years. Spent 4 months straight out in the bush looking for that yellow stuff. Located some areas to file claims on and have been getting some good gold out of them. Had everything but my planes with me. I've found lots of good flying spots while out prospecting and now that all the leg work is done I decided it's time to get back into flying.

During the moves, I seem to have misplaced the plans for the ASP design (16' 4" XC design) so I'm in the process of designing something even larger. This one is a 18' XC ship based on the BUbble Dancer wing but with a built up fuselage. I'm also working on a 72" Slope ship that I'm going to try out the AG series of airfoils on.

Glad to see ya back too Don! Seems we've almost got all of the old brewers crew back except Steve. Saw his location is now in San Antonio instead of OZ but under his name it says "Suspended Account". What's with that? Look for a PM from me soon. Have to go do the shopping for the homestead.
Mar 03, 2017, 02:14 PM
who has rabbit ears down
HWDY Don! Glad ta see yer back again! My new story is a puppy, and the wife had arraignment yesterday for telling the moronic managers @ wallywerld they're idjutts! I found my servo extension connectors and the wires, so I'll be moving fwd in the Libelle build, along with others!
I'll take a new pic of how the GAF's ducting is (not) playing nicely, then more yackety!
Johnny
Mar 04, 2017, 07:57 PM
≡LSF8067≡
Jeff-
Prospecting? How cool is that! Never knew you were into that, I hope you find a nugget the size of a bowling ball! Please post some plan pics of your xc, that's huge. McNelly's in San Antonio?!, you got to be kidding! He always said Oz was home and he'd never leave. Steve's a smart dude with many talents, a rebel and adventurer. Would love to meet him ftf. I hope Mr. Hayes is doing OK, I need to drop him a line and say hey. I had to sell my Merlyn kit, I hope he forgives me .

Hey Cap'n-
I read back a few pages and glad to see you're keeping the old thread alive. Please post pics of the puppy if you haven't already. I hate Wallyweird but unfortunately they dominate grocery. I read 7% of all consumer spending (grocery) is done in a Sam Walton store. The Libelle's a beautiful bird, post pics or direct me to them.

Best,
Don
Last edited by dwells; Mar 04, 2017 at 08:03 PM.
Mar 04, 2017, 09:22 PM
Don,

Just call me You-con Corn-eeee-alis. Best nugget so far was 1.24 grams or a little smaller than your little fingernail. Will take a few more before I can get a Merlyn.

Trying some of those new fangeled RC model cad programs and so far I'm thinking I'd be better off with real world paper and pencils and then inking over them. (Call me the old school fool) Once I have them finished up I can always take them to the local Staples store and have them scanned and copied. Once scanned I can send them to all interested and post here as well. Think of the XC as a Bubble Dancer with a mega dose of steroids.

Wing layout is as follows:
Center Panel: 48" with AG35 transitioning to AG36 at the joiner. Constant 12 inch cord. 36" s ingle bar Spoiler centered in the top with full span flaps at trailing edge.

Mid Panels: (both sides) 48" starting with AG36 and transitioning to AG37. Cord starts at 12" and drops to 10" at the outer joiner. 1" drop in cord on leading and trailing edges. 42" Ailerons 1.5 degrees of washout built into these panels.

Tip Panels: 36" starting with AG37 and transitioning to AG38 on the outboard end. Again a one inch drop in cord over the length ending up at 8" cord at the tips. No controls these panels. Basic drafting for the wings is already done.

Pod and boom fuselage with a barn door rudder under a "T" tail rear end. Horizontal stab and elevator larger than many HLG ships wings. Only carbon in the ship will be the boom. Going to start long and cut it down if needed since it's always easier to take it off than to add it on.
Mar 05, 2017, 04:35 PM
who has rabbit ears down
Hey gang! here's a quick touch of humor to 'ruin' your day!
Hulk Is a Girl?? (10 min 43 sec)

Quick Reply