MSH Protos 3D e-heli (425mm mains) Build & Review - RC Groups
May 09, 2008, 11:08 AM
2 MANY TOYS :-)
Mini-Review

MSH Protos 3D e-heli (425mm mains) Build & Review

This much anticipated new heli has made it to market. Since it's preview thread here: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=751319 there has been a high level of continuing interest as the product was put through a rigorous manufacturer's testing and development program.

Corrado Steri, formerly of Heliup.com, well known for quality CNC tuning parts for numerous e-helis for the Zoom 400 and T-Rex 450 to the Robbe Eolo, has formed a new enterprise called MSH. For years many of us who liked what we saw in Corrado's tuning parts encouraged him to bring his own design heli to market.

Well it's here and we'll spend the next few days sharing lots of pics and our impressions as we go through the assembly and outfit process. I'll try to post once or twice a day as I accumulate the text and photos.

Hope you will enjoy and find this useful either as a building aid or an article to help you decide to buy a Protos.

Cheers - Boyd
AMA 80393
Major USAF
Retired
Chief Electrical and Combat Systems Engineer
Northrop Grumman
Also Happily Retired
Last edited by Hoverup; May 23, 2008 at 06:47 AM. Reason: capitalization correction
to remove ads between posts
May 09, 2008, 11:17 AM
Let's Go!!! I am LOCKED IN!!!!
May 09, 2008, 11:41 AM
slippy slimey
well My protos showed. gotta love Corrado and give him a tremendous Rcgroups hug for sending me a kit.
since Boyd is doing the build thread no need for me to make another
May 09, 2008, 12:00 PM
Heli Addict....
In case anyone wants to follow along in the manual, it can be downloaded here:

http://www.msheli.com/Manual/Protos_Manual_rel1.0.pdf
May 09, 2008, 12:06 PM
Heli Addict....
Hoverup/Booger,

Is the canopy F/G or plastic?
May 09, 2008, 12:17 PM
Chuck 'Em and Chase 'Em
the link for the manual is asking for a username and password.

Got them?

Frank
Last edited by Fly2High; May 09, 2008 at 01:55 PM.
May 09, 2008, 12:19 PM
A little patience we are uploading the updated manual.

Corrado
May 09, 2008, 12:46 PM
Registered Loon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoverup
.............help you decide to buy a Protos.

dont need help, just need a protos

looking good, is it built yet ?
May 09, 2008, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecaf
Hoverup/Booger,

Is the canopy F/G or plastic?
Light weight vacuum formed plastic. Beautiful finish BTW.
Last edited by Hoverup; May 09, 2008 at 01:16 PM. Reason: Error in material specification
May 09, 2008, 01:30 PM
Heli Addict....
Looks gorgeous... Nice lightweight plastic.

Very Cool.

Thanks!
May 09, 2008, 01:52 PM
Let's fly !
Thanks for the manual !

Sad that we have to split the frame to replace the lower bearing. Still, should not have to replace it too often, I guess it save some weight.

Looking forward to your built
May 09, 2008, 02:00 PM
Kit contents. Everything appears to be packaged and organized for each step in the manual. Some nice touches included are the nearly unbreakable Gorilla Gear L/G, programmable Gorilla Gear flybar paddles with adjustable brass weights and a sweet little ball link sizing tool.

Initial impression: The Protos reminds me of my Mikado Logo and Minicoptor Joker Kits. High quality. Well engineered and thought out.

Cheers - Boyd
May 09, 2008, 02:05 PM
heli on the brain
Great!!! Cant wait to hear your impressions on both the build and flight report.
May 09, 2008, 02:09 PM
Registered Loon
ball sizing tool ... sweeet

just had a quick look thru the manual , reminds me too of mikado

you dont need to split the frames to get the servo's out, right ?
May 09, 2008, 03:49 PM
Step one complete. The design takes advantage of the cyclic servos as contributing members to the main frame's strength. Very clever and likely one of the reasons the Protos AUW is so amazingly low.

Cheers - Boyd