May 08, 2008, 12:06 AM
fast
Gallery

Monument Valley today

it was so windy todau I saw my Slinger flying backwards!
to remove ads between posts
May 08, 2008, 12:07 AM
Suspended Account
Now these are nicely composed shots.
May 08, 2008, 12:21 AM
fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by skymind
Now these are nicely composed shots.
skymind, today I asked few visitors to photograph my plane
everyone was from Germany ! I was thinking about your DasBoot quote for Gibraltar strait pic. Few more parks to visit and I'll start speak german and french
I only spent 5 hours in MV, weather was changing every 20 minutes .. shadows all day long to satisfy any photographer
May 08, 2008, 12:22 AM
first one's my favorite. I love how you can see the entire shadows of those huge formations. The third one and fourth ones are really cool too. They look like terrain on the front of a model railroad magazine. Nice shots!
May 08, 2008, 12:58 AM
fast
i used Lumix LS75
optical stabilizer MODE2, scene Landscape
$99 camera works well in windy days
May 08, 2008, 09:16 AM
DWA
DWA
1Corinthians 13:1-8
Great pics. You sure do get around, are you on some kind of vacation in the U.S.?
Where are you going next?

Dave
May 08, 2008, 10:22 AM
fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWA
Great pics. You sure do get around, are you on some kind of vacation in the U.S.?
Where are you going next?

Dave
I'm visitor from Russia. This summer I'll be homeless living in a car, gonna visit many National Parks and indian tribes. My minivan outfitted with modern electronics and few kilo of Li-Ion so I can sit in a middle of nowhere and surf internet for days, FPV and AP no limits
May 08, 2008, 10:33 AM
SMILE
What an awesome & beautiful place. Wow.
May 08, 2008, 10:34 AM
Suspended Account
Well Prevyet Fmkit. I knew a young Russian immigrant who's dream was to fly a paraplane thru Monument Valley. He took parasail lessons and was very upset and disappointed to discover turbulence and wind currents. He imagined it would be like sitting on the couch on the ground. But he continued with parasailing and it's his hobby but don't think he's flown paraplanes in Monument Valley.
May 08, 2008, 10:48 AM
fast
skymind, i used to skydive and hangglide .. RC flying is just as cool. Monument Valley is very crowded and restricted place. Tell your friend to check out Havasupai (www.havasupaitribe.com). he could probably parasail there and place itself more colorful than MV. week ago I hiked 22miles in one day !
May 08, 2008, 11:18 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmkit
skymind, i used to skydive and hangglide .. RC flying is just as cool.
I agree, when I got burnt out from flying 10 years ago my attitude was that I would rather just watch things fly. But now I pinch myself that I'm flying again.

I'd tell him about that particular place but I've lost contact with him.
May 08, 2008, 11:31 AM
WOW, very nice! Good job.
May 08, 2008, 01:54 PM

monument valley 05-07-08 from 25000 ft

Curiosly, I overflew Monument Valley yesterday around 1230. Here are a couple of shots. The area is east of where you were, looking west towards highway 163. Also included is a shot of Meteor Crater, Arizona.
Aircraft: DHC-8, Camera: Canon 400D,
Last edited by clspark; May 08, 2008 at 02:07 PM.
May 08, 2008, 02:22 PM
fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by clspark
Curiosly, I overflew Monument Valley yesterday around 1230. Here are a couple of shots. The area is east of where you were, looking west towards highway 163. Also included is a shot of Meteor Crater, Arizona.
Aircraft: DHC-8, Camera: Canon 400D,
wow! I saw full scale plane overflew the valley! You were totally out of reach of tribal police they want fee for everything. visitors limited to loop drive, you can't hike and must limit your visit to daylight.
May 08, 2008, 02:47 PM
Enjoying the good life!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmkit
it was so windy todau I saw my Slinger flying backwards!
FM, fantastic pix!!!! WOW!