Thread Tools
May 11, 2008, 12:00 PM
Registered User
praymond's Avatar
Hey tony, I just wanted to drop a bit of weight, I know 10% isn't much.

Please don't release any plans for a Corsair till I get this one done--LOL-- the Corsair makes my knees knock!

I still have Jerbear's simple corsair (RET), it looks so cool zooming by.

Paul
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
May 11, 2008, 12:14 PM
I'm not flying backwards!
Tony65x55's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by gramps45
tony thanks again for the blu-baby and pirahana. my daughter saw me trying to download the pirahana plans,and help me. she later came to the field with my grandaughter and saw a friends scratch built epp and hot glue stealth and tells dad we can do this. she likes to do crafts and scrapbooking. back at home i showed her the pirahana and blu baby threads and she tells me lets build the blu baby first sounds easier for you to learn to fly. we went to wal-mart later lookinking for readi-board, trying to plan OUR build. will be following the blu baby and piranaha threads now. want to thank you and everyone else here and on the blu baby side for all the help and info. will definetely have a lot more question when we get started. will keep everyone posted.

thanks
gramps
That's great Gramps. Definitely build the Blu-Baby first, and second. before you try the Piranha. Start with the BB33 with the UC wing and then progress to the BB42 with it's KFm3 airfoil as an aileron trainer. When your proficient with that, you're ready for the Piranha.

Tony
May 11, 2008, 12:15 PM
I'm not flying backwards!
Tony65x55's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by praymond
Hey tony, I just wanted to drop a bit of weight, I know 10% isn't much.

Please don't release any plans for a Corsair till I get this one done--LOL-- the Corsair makes my knees knock!

I still have Jerbear's simple corsair (RET), it looks so cool zooming by.

Paul
Mmmmm...Corsair...which one? The jet or the WWII carrier plane.

Tony
May 11, 2008, 02:10 PM
Registered User
praymond's Avatar
WWII carrier plane of course!
May 11, 2008, 07:23 PM
If it flies, I will crash it
mxspode's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by gramps45
tony thanks again for the blu-baby and pirahana. my daughter saw me trying to download the pirahana plans,and help me. she later came to the field with my grandaughter and saw a friends scratch built epp and hot glue stealth and tells dad we can do this. she likes to do crafts and scrapbooking. back at home i showed her the pirahana and blu baby threads and she tells me lets build the blu baby first sounds easier for you to learn to fly. we went to wal-mart later lookinking for readi-board, trying to plan OUR build. will be following the blu baby and piranaha threads now. want to thank you and everyone else here and on the blu baby side for all the help and info. will definetely have a lot more question when we get started. will keep everyone posted.

thanks
gramps

Well Gramps, your journey into R/C just got a whole lot cooler. I can't think of anything better then spending time with family on a hobby like R/C Flight. My youngest daughter is real excited about it and we will be building her first foamy, either a 33" BB or the Foamfly Frog as soon as I finish my glider. Not sure which one first, doesn't matter really. She wants one of each. The frog for the water and the BB for the field. She bugs me about it every other day, constantly reminding me that her foamy will take allot less time to build then a balsa DLG.

Have fun, enjoy your time together and good luck. Make sure to give her a shot at the sticks too, your sure to need a second one soon.

Rob...
May 12, 2008, 02:17 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxspode
Well Gramps, your journey into R/C just got a whole lot cooler. I can't think of anything better then spending time with family on a hobby like R/C Flight. My youngest daughter is real excited about it and we will be building her first foamy, either a 33" BB or the Foamfly Frog as soon as I finish my glider. Not sure which one first, doesn't matter really. She wants one of each. The frog for the water and the BB for the field. She bugs me about it every other day, constantly reminding me that her foamy will take allot less time to build then a balsa DLG.

Have fun, enjoy your time together and good luck. Make sure to give her a shot at the sticks too, your sure to need a second one soon.

Rob...

thanks rob you're right they grow up really fast.

thanks gramps
May 12, 2008, 03:11 AM
Registered Aircraft Offender
Truglodite's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by praymond
Hey tony, I just wanted to drop a bit of weight, I know 10% isn't much.

Please don't release any plans for a Corsair till I get this one done--LOL-- the Corsair makes my knees knock!

I still have Jerbear's simple corsair (RET), it looks so cool zooming by.

Paul
now yer talkin. i'd like to see a foamie corsair with a round fuse and remote operated pop out whistle bay... for "whistling death" action.

kev
May 12, 2008, 06:45 AM
I'm not flying backwards!
Tony65x55's Avatar
Sorry Kev and Paul, no Corsair for a while. Too many others on the go.

Tony
May 13, 2008, 09:55 AM
Registered Aircraft Offender
Truglodite's Avatar
say it ain't so tony! j/k, i'm still hunting for fff right now, and my situation is starting to look bleak. i heard rc country (LHS) sells it per sheet, but last time i was there they had none. many ppl have posted that allied building products can get it... i'm currently working on that and i feel i'm getting nowhere with them.

i read a thread where ppl were putting together a group buy, but that was in 2006.

i'd appreciate it if anyone can offer me advice on getting fff near sacramento. i'm jonesin' for the blu stuff right now.

kev
May 13, 2008, 10:06 AM
Registered User

Tried Lowes? Have Lowes?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Truglodite
say it ain't so tony! j/k, i'm still hunting for fff right now, and my situation is starting to look bleak. i heard rc country (LHS) sells it per sheet, but last time i was there they had none. many ppl have posted that allied building products can get it... i'm currently working on that and i feel i'm getting nowhere with them.

i read a thread where ppl were putting together a group buy, but that was in 2006.

i'd appreciate it if anyone can offer me advice on getting fff near sacramento. i'm jonesin' for the blu stuff right now.

kev
[edit; oops, I see you're near Sacremento. end of edit]

I think somebody already mentioned Lowes so forgive me if you've tried it. However, I'm willing to do a search if you can share your zip code, or a zip code near you. I'll be gone all day, but later this eve, I would.

FWIW, I had to spend weeks trying to find it, then was rejoicing that I only had to drive 13 miles to get some.... AND I had/have Lowes AND HomeDepto 0.72 and 2.0 miles from me. Seems to be very selective WHERE they stock it.

If it becomes impossible, let us know, maybe we could share a sheet or two, cut into some reasonable shipping size to your specs; I can't part with a BUNCH, but would try to halp a friend.... remember, they are 24 x 48 inches; how much does a fish require?

LarryR : )

LarryR : )
Last edited by LareeRudee; May 13, 2008 at 10:07 AM. Reason: I see Sacremento, ooops.
May 13, 2008, 05:34 PM
Takeoff,Crash,Repair ...
kg6uvp's Avatar
Truglodite

I suspect you really want more than a couple of sheets, BUT if that is all then PM with where and when you fly and I'll show up with a couple of sheets in exchange for watching the Piranha fly one time ;-)
May 13, 2008, 05:47 PM
Registered User
I guess FFF causes CANCER in Calif.
May 13, 2008, 07:44 PM
If it flies, I will crash it
mxspode's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by nubee 1
I guess FFF causes CANCER in Calif.
Not sure about California but in Colorado it was banned because it offered insufficient penetration protection when used as designed. At least that is how I understand it. Since it can't be used due to local codes the stores do not carry it.
I am going to Utah on Thursday so I was going to check while I was there but there aren't any Lowe's or Home Depot stores close to Lake Powell, at least near the part we are going to be at. Oh well, I guess it is foam core for me.

Rob...
May 14, 2008, 12:27 AM
Registered Aircraft Offender
Truglodite's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by LareeRudee
[edit; oops, I see you're near Sacremento. end of edit]

I think somebody already mentioned Lowes so forgive me if you've tried it. However, I'm willing to do a search if you can share your zip code, or a zip code near you. I'll be gone all day, but later this eve, I would.

FWIW, I had to spend weeks trying to find it, then was rejoicing that I only had to drive 13 miles to get some.... AND I had/have Lowes AND HomeDepto 0.72 and 2.0 miles from me. Seems to be very selective WHERE they stock it.

If it becomes impossible, let us know, maybe we could share a sheet or two, cut into some reasonable shipping size to your specs; I can't part with a BUNCH, but would try to halp a friend.... remember, they are 24 x 48 inches; how much does a fish require?

LarryR : )

LarryR : )
yep sacramento, or rather carmichael, which is part of sac county.

thanks, i really do appreciate your willingness to help, but i'm after a bundle if possible. after giving my bluebaby 33 to my uncle (and after his buddies saw my 19" insulator fly), demand for the stuff has gone way up... just wait 'till they see the piranha fly.

i need to return a favor by supplying my uncle and our group of flying buddies in antioch. they all have no clue where to start finding fff, and i'm after a consistent supplier so we all can build way in to the future without worrying about our "next fix". i'll keep your offer in mind, and let you know if i need a little fff to briefly satisfy my never ending desire to build with the good stuff.

kev

kev
May 14, 2008, 12:29 AM
Registered Aircraft Offender
Truglodite's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kg6uvp
Truglodite

I suspect you really want more than a couple of sheets, BUT if that is all then PM with where and when you fly and I'll show up with a couple of sheets in exchange for watching the Piranha fly one time ;-)
sounds like we have a deal. seriously though, give me a pm a day in advance if you are passing by sac. we can do some flying... i'll bring the piranha, no fff payment necessary... but of course if you insist.

kev


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Yippee! My new FFF aerobatic plane EKI16 Foamies (Kits) 1 Apr 18, 2004 08:53 PM
Aerobatic Plane 3 Views pgleesonuk Scale Kit/Scratch Built 0 Feb 26, 2002 02:22 PM
Question Good aerobatic plane for GWS motor d12bn Parkflyers 7 Feb 01, 2002 07:20 PM
Aerobatic plane rides (NY area) LJH Electric Plane Talk 1 Sep 11, 2001 12:22 AM
Vote my new aerobatic plane in... kepople Electric Plane Talk 11 Jul 30, 2001 03:24 AM