** PIRANHA! ** - 43" fff/monoblock/kfm4 aerobat - Page 4 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
May 09, 2008, 09:38 PM
tony thanks for your quick reply. i also dont know to much about the computer. all those pdf files is all ineed. do i just open the files and print it out. the parts file do i have to blow it up bigger,and tile file i put together. sorry for all the dumb questions. do you sell plans and instructions all put together?

thanks
gramps
to remove ads between posts
May 10, 2008, 12:51 AM

For now...............

Quote:
Originally Posted by gramps45
tony thanks for your quick reply. i also dont know to much about the computer. all those pdf files is all ineed. do i just open the files and print it out. the parts file do i have to blow it up bigger,and tile file i put together. sorry for all the dumb questions. do you sell plans and instructions all put together?

thanks
gramps
For now, double click on one, view it, "direct it" to "print it".... then you'll get something... if you run into problems, then ask again.... the biggest question is generally after you double click it, you have several choices.... make sure that ONE CHOICE is "no scale" or "none" or something like that.

If you don't already HAVE pdf [Adobe], it'll tell you that you "need" it... and it's true, you DO need it.... then it'll give you opportunity to download THAT program FREE......................

Go ahead and try it..... try a single page one first so you don't waste ink and paper. [don't tell anybody, but my middle name is "gramps" tooo; ol' fogey here].

[edit; page one post num 15 has the plans that Tony referred to. Tony, I can't get the first one [world plan?] to open..... all the others come up quickly and easily. end of edit]

Good luck.

LarryR : )
Last edited by LareeRudee; May 10, 2008 at 01:33 AM. Reason: Post 15
May 10, 2008, 07:52 AM
I'm not flying backwards!
Thanks for helping out Larry. I just tried to download the world plan and it was fine so if anyone else is having problems let me know and I'll do what I can to help.

Tony
May 10, 2008, 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LareeRudee
For now, double click on one, view it, "direct it" to "print it".... then you'll get something... if you run into problems, then ask again.... the biggest question is generally after you double click it, you have several choices.... make sure that ONE CHOICE is "no scale" or "none" or something like that.

If you don't already HAVE pdf [Adobe], it'll tell you that you "need" it... and it's true, you DO need it.... then it'll give you opportunity to download THAT program FREE......................

Go ahead and try it..... try a single page one first so you don't waste ink and paper. [don't tell anybody, but my middle name is "gramps" tooo; ol' fogey here].

[edit; page one post num 15 has the plans that Tony referred to. Tony, I can't get the first one [world plan?] to open..... all the others come up quickly and easily. end of edit]

Good luck.

thanks larry i think i downloaded everything. except the parts list tiled(20 pages) file. the other 3 files i can hardly read the print even with my glases on. ddo i have to have it blown up? the parts list file, after its printed. do i cut it out piece it together?

thanka alot
gramps
May 10, 2008, 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony65x55
Thanks for helping out Larry. I just tried to download the world plan and it was fine so if anyone else is having problems let me know and I'll do what I can to help.

Tony
tony i think i downloaded the world plans okay. only thing the words are small and hard for me to read. i'm not good at flying yet just planning ahead. since kev mentioned it can handle a little more wind i would like to try it someday.

thanks
gramps
May 10, 2008, 02:00 PM
Gramps, you download the tiled parts plan, tape them together along the lines and then cut out the parts. The World plan is there to give you an overview of how everything goes together. The parts plan (full) is for folk who take the parts plan to a printer or have a plotter.

Tony
May 10, 2008, 08:34 PM
Registered Aircraft Offender
Quote:
At first glance I thought Kev said, "there's a wife in my room" and I thought, "wow, some hotels think of everything!"

Tony
lol, the closest to it would be late night hbo i guess. i hear different stories about guatemala though.

kev
May 10, 2008, 09:56 PM
Quote:
Gramps, you download the tiled parts plan, tape them together along the lines and then cut out the parts. The World plan is there to give you an overview of how everything goes together. The parts plan (full) is for folk who take the parts plan to a printer or have a plotter.

Tony

tony got it. thanks alot for the info. the piranha has gotten me excited. i will really try to learn how to fly quick. will post as soon as i get started. till later.

thanks
gramps
May 10, 2008, 10:16 PM
I printed out the plans just now, and found out something that was sitting in plain site in front of me all this time. I have a HP printer, and in one of the set up tabs for printing, there's an option for printing at less than 100%, any % you choose.

I wanted to reduce the plans to 90%, hoping to liten it a bit, and it came out perfectly reduced by chosing 90%.

I'll make the wing first, and saw/sand the monobloc to size, to set the fuse thickness to fit the reduced cut out in the wing.

Have a rewound Motorolfly motor that puts out 23oz static on a 9050 at 12A, want to give it a home.

Won't be able to start it for a few days, will post some pics when I get going.

Thanks for the plans Tony.

I like that skewer placement in the leading edge Kev, with the U shaped ply slots to align the wing.

Looking forward to flying it!

Paul
May 10, 2008, 11:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truglodite
lol, the closest to it would be late night hbo i guess. i hear different stories about guatemala though.

kev
You're BAD! Go to your room.

Tony
May 10, 2008, 11:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gramps45
tony got it. thanks alot for the info. the piranha has gotten me excited. i will really try to learn how to fly quick. will post as soon as i get started. till later.

thanks
gramps
Cool Gramps! Good news. I'm looking forward to seeing your build.

Tony
May 10, 2008, 11:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by praymond
I printed out the plans just now, and found out something that was sitting in plain site in front of me all this time. I have a HP printer, and in one of the set up tabs for printing, there's an option for printing at less than 100%, any % you choose.

I wanted to reduce the plans to 90%, hoping to liten it a bit, and it came out perfectly reduced by chosing 90%.

I'll make the wing first, and saw/sand the monobloc to size, to set the fuse thickness to fit the reduced cut out in the wing.

Have a rewound Motorolfly motor that puts out 23oz static on a 9050 at 12A, want to give it a home.

Won't be able to start it for a few days, will post some pics when I get going.

Thanks for the plans Tony.

I like that skewer placement in the leading edge Kev, with the U shaped ply slots to align the wing.

Looking forward to flying it!

Paul
Paul, why 90%? She's only 44" in span now. I'm looking forward to your build, you do nice stuff.

Tony
May 10, 2008, 11:45 PM

Celebration

Quote:
Paul, why 90%? She's only 44" in span now. I'm looking forward to your build, you do nice stuff.

Tony
Hey, make the Pirahana 43 or 44 inches, but notice, he's CELEBRATING the discovery of the 90 pct option on Adobe..................

I just LOVE IT when I can insist on a 38.27 inch wingspan, ha. [that's 89 pct of 43].

May 11, 2008, 12:00 AM
Registered Aircraft Offender
thanks paul. lining up the LE's (both relative to each other and the TE's) was my main reason for doing the LE skewer. it add's complexity and time to assembly, but it's worth the effort considering the kind of flying tony designed it for (classic pattern).

your idea sounds good. should be fun with unlimited vertical. keep us posted!

kev
May 11, 2008, 10:53 AM
tony thanks again for the blu-baby and pirahana. my daughter saw me trying to download the pirahana plans,and help me. she later came to the field with my grandaughter and saw a friends scratch built epp and hot glue stealth and tells dad we can do this. she likes to do crafts and scrapbooking. back at home i showed her the pirahana and blu baby threads and she tells me lets build the blu baby first sounds easier for you to learn to fly. we went to wal-mart later lookinking for readi-board, trying to plan OUR build. will be following the blu baby and piranaha threads now. want to thank you and everyone else here and on the blu baby side for all the help and info. will definetely have a lot more question when we get started. will keep everyone posted.

thanks
gramps