May 07, 2008, 08:53 AM

Thanks

Many thanks to both of you! This looks excellent! Can't wait to get started on it.

Huck
to remove ads between posts
May 07, 2008, 09:11 AM
One of the usual suspects
Just the build I was looking for next!
Thanks!
V.
May 07, 2008, 09:50 AM
-Daniel
wow tony this is a great looking plane!! if only i was more experienced
but your shooting planes out like once a month gosh!! anyway ill save the plans!!
May 07, 2008, 10:25 AM
I'm not flying backwards!
Don't worry Dud, you'll be able to fly this plane after a couple of months with your aileron BB.

Tony
May 07, 2008, 10:37 AM
-Daniel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony65x55
Don't worry Dud, you'll be able to fly this plane after a couple of months with your aileron BB.

Tony
thanks tony your awesome!!!!
May 07, 2008, 10:39 AM
mmm... I like root beer too

23 oz isn't a little heavy for a plane that size? Were's the bulk of the weight coming from?

- Jeff
May 07, 2008, 10:48 AM
Ok I stopped droolling, Got to try this next!

Nice build pics and vid Kev, and thanks again Tony! I love the way the wing is removable

Paul
May 07, 2008, 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkarnacki
mmm... I like root beer too

23 oz isn't a little heavy for a plane that size? Were's the bulk of the weight coming from?

- Jeff
Traditionally, betas tend to be a little heavier than a regular build. It should be about 20 oz.

When it comes to aerobatics, lighter is not always better (as it is with 3D aircraft). Residual energy increases partly as a function of mass and some aerobatic maneuvers require that residual energy to perform properly. A slightly higher wing loading also performs better with a little wind blowing too.

Tony
May 07, 2008, 12:08 PM
Kev, Am I correct in thinking the batery is in the under wing bay and not in the forward section?

Also in the pic of the wing weighted with the soft drink cans, it looks as tho the left side is higher than the right (slight dihedral) , but the wing looks perfectly flat on the plane. Is that just the way the photo came out?

Paul
May 07, 2008, 12:10 PM
Oh never mind about the pic, I see now the LE is swept a bit.
May 07, 2008, 12:29 PM
It's always a great day when there is a new design of Tony's posted. It reminds me of an old control line plane I had as a kid. Thanks for posting this one Tony (and Kev for the beta work).
May 07, 2008, 12:50 PM
Cobra Driver
mmmmm.... I wonder how my Turnigy 28-30 1050kv and 1300mah 3s 11.1v Li-po will fly this design! I'm currently flying a flat foamy with them now.
May 07, 2008, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTwilight
mmmmm.... I wonder how my Turnigy 28-30 1050kv and 1300mah 3s 11.1v Li-po will fly this design! I'm currently flying a flat foamy with them now.
Much like a rocket!

Tony
May 07, 2008, 01:53 PM
Out the Window
Wow Tony, great looking design! Looks like a fairly easy to build and will do all of the moves.

Kev, Nice job of building and tips on the build. Also great job of flying...I sure wish I could fly that well! Maybe someday if I keep practicing.

Ray
May 07, 2008, 02:29 PM
If it flies, I will crash it

Another Winner!

Once again Tony has managed to design a completely commercially viable plane and instead of trying to make some kind of a profit on it he offers it up to the community here at RCG expecting nothing in return. Well the occasionally pat on the back certainly doesn't hurt. I am at no level ready for a high performance sport plane but rest assured I will eventually and I will be building one of this baby's.

Nice work on the test flight and the build log Kev and once again Thanks Tony for giving us all another wonderful plane to build. Unselfish guy's like yourself are what makes communities like this one possible and I for one am sure glad to have you around.

Rob...