ParkZone's New Warbird F4U Corsair - Page 3 - RC Groups
May 05, 2008, 04:33 PM
Fred

ParkZone Corsair Midair

Hello all,
Here is the link for the midair between the Corsair and the screamer.
ParkZone Corsair in Midair @ SEFF 2008 (0 min 36 sec)

Fred
to remove ads between posts
May 05, 2008, 04:34 PM
If it fly's as good or better than the T-28, I'm in!!!! I love my T-28!
May 05, 2008, 04:40 PM
Fred

Debut of ParkZone Corsair @ SEFF

Hi All,
Here is the link for the ParkZone Corsair debut at SEFF 2008 Friday May 2, 2008.
The video was taken by my friend and pilot, Stuart Uritus.
He is 14 years old has just received a ParkZone T-28 from his parents at SEFF!
John Redman from Horizon Hobbies is heard in the background.
New ParkZone Corsair @ SEFF 2008 (2 min 2 sec)

Fred
May 05, 2008, 04:44 PM
Hi,
I was flying the F4U when the mid-air happened.
I was flying it slowly for the SKS video guy, and some photographers. Of course, I never saw the wing coming.

The harder part of it was that the WHOLE right wing was also torn almost off at the root, and the angle of the remaining wing was extremely odd. You can see this in some of the video and still photos floating around. It took a lot of aileron and rudder control and correct throttle to maintain control. I was happy to be able to put it down in a safe place without further harm.

After some CA and tape, the F4U was flying as good as ever, and went on to fly in the noontime demos with its sister ship.

The F4U flies very well, and light. It is a fine aircraft.

Have Fun,
David
May 05, 2008, 05:02 PM
Gravity's a harsh Mistress....
Mmmm, seems to have a little more speed than the Trojan, and some what of a floater. And to take a hit like that and still fly some what well says a lot about the plane and the pilot, I'm ordering one. Any idea of the price yet for the P-N-P?

And Dave, congrats on getting her down like you did...great piloting skills!!
May 05, 2008, 05:23 PM
O stewardess...I speak jive
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredsgr
Hello all,
Here is the link for the midair between the Corsair and the screamer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wLU0ITZyD8
Fred
What a pisser about the midair. Im not old and crotchety, but I can't stand those high-speed wings and the majority of the pilots I see fly them and no disregard for the pilots and planes around them, and therefore have no business flying them. I have midaired quite a few times and it is a part of the hobby, but I think too many pilots have those things and don't have any clue how to fly them or what proper etiquette is. I fly fast stuff, but I make sure not to slice other planes in the air, especially something that is a debut piece for a company!!! In the words of Bugs Bunny "What a Maroon!"
May 05, 2008, 05:45 PM
A request for Parkzone on the new Corsair:

I have already purchased 3 spare batteries for my T28 (the 2200mAh 3 cell Lipo), can you please use that same battery for the new Corsair? I like that you are using the same motor because that allows me to use motors from crashed planes on either of my other ones. Batteries are expensive, and you need to have a lot of spares to extend flight time. If I know that my set of 4-5 batteries will all work in ALL of Parkzones planes, it is a BIG incentive for me to continue to buy Parkzone.
May 05, 2008, 05:50 PM
Philippians 4:13
Thank you so much for the videos and it sure is nice to hear from a few of the Horizon guys here. Thanks everyone.
May 05, 2008, 05:57 PM
Warbird & Jet Lover
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffInDFW
A request for Parkzone on the new Corsair:

I have already purchased 3 spare batteries for my T28 (the 2200mAh 3 cell Lipo), can you please use that same battery for the new Corsair? I like that you are using the same motor because that allows me to use motors from crashed planes on either of my other ones. Batteries are expensive, and you need to have a lot of spares to extend flight time. If I know that my set of 4-5 batteries will all work in ALL of Parkzones planes, it is a BIG incentive for me to continue to buy Parkzone.
Jeff,

You got it. The T-28 comes with an 1800 pack, and so will the Corsair, but both do fine with the 2200s as well.

David
Horizon Hobby
May 05, 2008, 06:28 PM
The sky is my playground.
Pretty damn impressive on how the plane faired after the mid-air. I'm suprised Horizon isn't showing pics of the plane...loose 1/3 of the wing and it still flies. Could have been a good marketing pitch. I know damn well one of my Alfa's planes wouldn't have survived..
May 05, 2008, 06:58 PM
Gravity's a harsh Mistress....
One request as an option for those of us that want them...rockets and racks for the wings.
May 05, 2008, 08:21 PM
Another 3DHS convert...
I wonder when Horizon is going to officially announce a date and put it on their website?
May 05, 2008, 09:36 PM
Well, thanks for the comments. It is hard to be upset with the other pilot, SEFF is a busy place, and things happen. About all you can do to avoid it is to have a good caller if you are flying a fast bird.... Or, the event could have time slots of fast movers.... Anyway, you fly, and take your chances.

Happily, all the damage was confined to the wing, and the repaired plane flies just as well as it did before.

Have Fun,
David
May 05, 2008, 10:00 PM
Checking CG is for NERDS!
SOLD.
Great choice, Parkzone!

dribbe, that was some great flying...even cooler that its on film because we'd never believe you.
Well done.
May 05, 2008, 10:01 PM
Checking CG is for NERDS!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Williams
What a pisser about the midair. Im not old and crotchety, but I can't stand those high-speed wings and the majority of the pilots I see fly them and no disregard for the pilots and planes around them, and therefore have no business flying them. I have midaired quite a few times and it is a part of the hobby, but I think too many pilots have those things and don't have any clue how to fly them or what proper etiquette is. I fly fast stuff, but I make sure not to slice other planes in the air, especially something that is a debut piece for a company!!! In the words of Bugs Bunny "What a Maroon!"
You might not be old and crotchety but you sure sound it!!