May 04, 2008, 09:46 AM
Biting ankles since '53
Thread OP
Discussion

A little PSS research... (! A FEW MORE PICS ADDED)

"What?! You want me to work thiis weekend? Where? Oh, alright then. Double time though."

Covering the Abingdon Airshow for the paper. Somebody had to do it.

The last picture is a bit special for me. My first ever flight was in a red Dragon Rapide at RAF Abingdon in the sixities with my late dad.
Loads more pics I'll try to up some later.

PS Looking out the car window at the Spit now flying.

PPS Now the Hunter is tearing it up.
Last edited by mr_editor; May 05, 2008 at 06:09 AM.
to remove ads between posts
May 04, 2008, 02:52 PM
Mr. E.,
Wonderful shots! Real airoplanes in an historic setting. If you can find them I'm still looking for nice photos of the 2 DH gipsy moths owned by a husband/wife team in E.Dorset/W.Hants area - I see them flying the coast off Barton-onSea but no close shots.
Any help would be appreiated.
Daveosoar.
May 04, 2008, 02:57 PM
Mr.E.
I should have added that my first flight as a commercial passenger was in a DH Dragon Rapide between Southampton-Jersey in 1949. Next was in a Short Sandringham with Aquila Airways to Funchal, Madiera. Good thing my father was paying!!
Daveosoar.
May 04, 2008, 03:33 PM
AKA Cactus
looks like the tiger on the P-40 has been through the prop!
May 04, 2008, 06:28 PM
Embrace the suck
Thanks for the pics. I think a Hunter would be a great PSS subject. The Gnat would probably be a little harder to pull off, but would look great if it worked.

For my own research and motivation, I've had a B-24, B-25, and B-17 making passes over my house all weekend, with a P-51 every now and then. The noise is every bit a part of it as the sight.

Nauga,
and his vibrating internals
May 04, 2008, 07:19 PM
Twisted and Confused
I've seen a 65"ish hunter flying in person, and it's very scale like doing fly-bys over a ridge etc. I might have to pass that color scheme onto my friend, as he's yet to do a paint job on it.

Steve
May 04, 2008, 08:42 PM
I failed linkage geometry
Quote:
Originally Posted by nauga
Thanks for the pics. I think a Hunter would be a great PSS subject. The Gnat would probably be a little harder to pull off, but would look great if it worked.

For my own research and motivation, I've had a B-24, B-25, and B-17 making passes over my house all weekend, with a P-51 every now and then. The noise is every bit a part of it as the sight.

Nauga,
and his vibrating internals
Flair had a PSS Hunter kit and Silent Flight magazine published a free plan of the Gnat. You can still get the plans from the PSSA:

http://www.pssaonline.co.uk/main-pag...%20service.htm
May 05, 2008, 03:43 AM
Biting ankles since '53
Thread OP
Mmmmmmm. Hunter: Also available in classic Black

I think I've found the Mustang colors I like

How's this for a sweet Tucano scheme?

So cute you felt you could fit it in a pocket and carry it home...
May 05, 2008, 03:49 AM
AKA Cactus
isn't that the home built kit they styled on a spit?
forget it's name tho
May 05, 2008, 04:06 AM
Biting ankles since '53
Thread OP
I think its called a Twister. Hence the reg...

Twister homepage
May 05, 2008, 08:22 AM
Phil.T-tailer
Nice pics - looks like a fun day out
Twister looks fun
Phil

Quick Reply