Old May 10, 2008, 12:39 PM
Find More Posts by rjp0325
Tam,

I just checked out your site for the EDF F-16. Nice jet and 150 MPH for an EDF sounds good. I' need to go back to the site and calcululate the purchase price. Is this a fully composite jet including the wings?
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 14, 2015, 10:11 AM
Find More Posts by tedeb
I have a Freewing Stinger 90. Have flown 150 flights. Looks and sounds like a turbine model. Everyone at the field loves it
Old Apr 14, 2015, 10:32 AM
Find More Posts by Madmax1965
Watt me worry?
+1 on the Stinger 90............yep...not composite but a fine plane a full step into the 21st century foam planes.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 03:58 PM
Find More Posts by bidule
jean-claude Terrettaz
I have only 3 flights on my new Spark and I can tell you its a super nice little jet. Very fast , slow, you choose . Extremely easy to land. I just love this thing, fast to put together at the field , don't need a huge car, not brittle like foam AAAAA+++++
Maybe next year I will install a P20 instead of The Tam Jet and install a doors for the front wheel.
Why they don't make those anymore ...big question!!?
Old Apr 19, 2015, 05:02 PM
Find More Posts by demetrius
Quote:
Originally Posted by bidule View Post
I have only 3 flights on my new Spark and I can tell you its a super nice little jet. Very fast , slow, you choose . Extremely easy to land. I just love this thing, fast to put together at the field , don't need a huge car, not brittle like foam AAAAA+++++
Maybe next year I will install a P20 instead of The Tam Jet and install a doors for the front wheel.
It's to bad that Composite Arf does not make that model anymore.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 07:16 PM
Find More Posts by Madmax1965
Watt me worry?
Quote:
bidule:
not brittle like foam AAAAA+++++
EPO is not brittle....repairs very easy and in the long run cost much less than composite.........my "go to" plane(over composite, epoxy, wood) is the Stinger 90. Many old pilots switching to the EPO planes....is the EDF trail for the 21st century.

Quote:
Why they don't make those anymore(Spark) ...big question!!?
Foam planes...the90mm Cobra looks like a Spark.....but is EPO.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 08:01 PM
Find More Posts by nighthawk0077
Quote:
Originally Posted by bidule View Post
Congrats, wish I can find one some day. Definitely falls into the turbine performance from an edf category although I think if you do decide to put a booster in the p20 might be a bit lacking, p60 would go better.

As far as the stinger, I've see it and the Taft viper flying, nice flying birds, and a big step up from PNP foamies from 3-4 yrs ago, but no where near the same class or performance of a spark.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 04:40 PM
Find More Posts by whisperdancer
Usually foamies struggle to achieve fiberglass or balsa planes performance. The sleeker airframe and usually narrower fuselage helps the aerodynamic.
Take a look at a 80mm habu. Most 90mm edf foam jets struggle to get to 120mph, drawing more amps.