Aug 28, 2013, 07:56 PM
Hey,
Nice to hear you're back!
Bet you're looking forward to getting a working shop together again.
Wish you speedy progress.
Dan
to remove ads between posts
Aug 29, 2013, 11:33 AM
....i'm still sitting in the audience ......by the way if you're ever at a performance which requires a lot of clapping......wear a pair of latex gloves....two or three times as loud .......less energy to clap, and much more sound ...you could steal em from your dental office........
Sep 02, 2013, 02:01 AM
SCALE Sailor
Thread OP
Look's like electricity's going to be the problem - there's only two outlets and a light socket, so I'm gonna have to put in a couple of breakers and run a couple of lines up there.
Jan 27, 2014, 07:09 PM
Hi Jerry

Any news on Macadonian?

best regards
Tim
Jan 28, 2014, 11:59 AM
SCALE Sailor
Thread OP
The work situation is still, well, nonexistent. So everything is still just sitting while I find ways to make a little money here and there.
Jan 28, 2014, 01:42 PM
Sorry to hear that Jerry. Hope you find something.

Just looking forward to seeing any inspirational progress pictures...thats all. : )

tim
May 08, 2014, 07:05 AM
SCALE Sailor
Thread OP
Well, you may get to see some "progress pictures" soon, and I hope they're inspirational to some degree at least. I was just invited to bring Constellation to Baltimore's Port Expo at the N.S. Savannah dock on May 18th. CaptMSR should also be there with his schooner Son of Erin.
So, as I get Stella ready for her second sail, I'll post updates here.
May 08, 2014, 08:15 AM
Great news! Can't wait...

How ya' been?
May 09, 2014, 11:32 AM
Yay!!!
May 16, 2014, 06:39 PM
SCALE Sailor
Thread OP
Almost jury rigged for her second sail. Every thing is pretty much rigged except for the braces and sheets. I also have set up the steering cables. Electronics are all tested and charged up.

I'm going to tack down the sub-deck, pivot guns, and Ivan with a bit of hot glue. Maybe the boats as well, if I can rustle up a main hatch cover in time.
May 17, 2014, 01:23 AM
Diver-driver
Great News cant weit for the sailing report!
After the sail please don't put her up on the shelf give her some top masts and at least get all sails on her and rigged, go for the museum scale eye candy later and enjoy her on the wart full rigged, I think it's just a few evenings and it would do wonders of your morale too!
May 17, 2014, 06:57 AM
Jerry,
Great progress! I love the sails with those really scale size cringles. Is your weather good enough for sailing yet? We are at 34F this AM. Hoping for 60 later....
Best,
Dan

BTW - you need at least a single shot pivot gun
If you want, send me the barrel (I don't have the pattern or master anymore) and I'll rig it for firing (or make a matching one for firing) and send you necessary details and some sample cartridges,etc -no BP, but you already have that.
PM if interested in followup....
May 17, 2014, 10:48 AM
SCALE Sailor
Thread OP
The weather forecast for tomorrow is 70, mostly sunny, with the wind NW @ 9mph. - pretty much perfect
May 17, 2014, 12:53 PM
cheers to you !
May 18, 2014, 01:46 AM
SCALE Sailor
Thread OP
After 2am and I finally have her ready to sail. I spent the day searching for parts, the gudgeon plate, the tiller. Some I never found; winch drums, spring posts, screws for the gudgeon plate. Bought new screws, but I gave up getting the winch set-up and went to an arm set-up that I got from Vic - so a little of the Royal Bill is going sailing tomorrow too.

Not sure how well this will work out, but she'll scoot down wind for sure

Weather's updated to 69, partly sunny, and a 10 mph NW wind, a 0% chance of rain.

Everything's on the charger, which is where I'm headed.

Quick Reply