Dec 24, 2012, 11:30 AM
3d NOOBular
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parksinatree
I just picked up a new 51" AJ Slick (thanks Skywalker14!) that is bare frame. Any special places that should be reinforced before I start covering? I'm pretty tough on LG so was wondering if I should secure the LG joints with some epoxy, even though the plate is fiberglass. Thanks and Merry Christmas!
This LG is pretty stout as is. I am guessing you have the v2 plane with the cf channel and the cf tubes passing through the motorbox formers. If that is the case reinforcing it further is a waste of time and added weight.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 24, 2012, 11:31 AM

You are right

Quote:
Originally Posted by chq28
I'm thinking its the 3615 and it will handle a 4 cell just fine. Myself and many others are running 2500-2700 mA batteries.
It is a 3615. will it handle a 5 Cell Battery???
Dec 24, 2012, 11:42 AM
Gone Huckin'
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertzrepkeith
Maybe but you'll need to prop down to something like a 13 or 12 inch prop and I don't think you'll like the result. That motor is designed for 4s batteries and its awesome on 4s with a 14x7!!
Dec 24, 2012, 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm
Maybe but you'll need to prop down to something like a 13 or 12 inch prop and I don't think you'll like the result. That motor is designed for 4s batteries and its awesome on 4s with a 14x7!!
+1 to what turnem says, in fact im getting ready to head out and give the 51 a little exercise
Dec 24, 2012, 12:25 PM
Quote:
+1, this plane definitely shines with a 14x7 or 15x6.
Dec 24, 2012, 04:01 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
Being you can get the 3615 wound to just about any kv a 5 cell is no issue.
Dec 24, 2012, 04:14 PM
Ya a 600kv on 5s should be equivalent to a 750kv on 4s.
Dec 24, 2012, 05:50 PM
doh!
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by losifanatic
Being you can get the 3615 wound to just about any kv a 5 cell is no issue.
Yep, Lost has it right. If you are dead set on 5s, you would probably want something like a 5s2200-2500, and then have your motor rewound to a ~650 ish kv I would guess in order to stick with a 14-15" prop. Ken at subsonicplanes.com will rewind his Motrolfly's for a small fee.
Dec 24, 2012, 07:44 PM
650kv on 5s would be equivalent to a 812kv on 4s... Might be a little high for the guys in the warm climate in the summer. 13x6~6.5 will probably be better suited at that wind.
Dec 24, 2012, 07:50 PM
Quote:
That is exactly what I am running right now. I was just curious. Today I was harrier in and hit my Dads Steel Mail Box. Lets just say that the mail Box WON Pretty much destroyed the back half of my Plane. Snapped Elevator Spar and did a number on the whole tail end of my plane. Was not a good Christmas party. I was getting ready to buy a 74 Edge and now I have to decide if I want to just get another 51 or try to fix the 51 and still buy the Edge
Dec 24, 2012, 08:37 PM
Gone Huckin'
Quote:
That is exactly what I am running right now. I was just curious. Today I was harrier in and hit my Dads Steel Mail Box. Lets just say that the mail Box WON Pretty much destroyed the back half of my Plane. Snapped Elevator Spar and did a number on the whole tail end of my plane. Was not a good Christmas party. I was getting ready to buy a 74 Edge and now I have to decide if I want to just get another 51 or try to fix the 51 and still buy the Edge
Oh man! Sorry to hear dude. I'm in the same boat, but worse. I lost my 57" Extra and my 70" Slick on back to back days. One due to a midair and one to a complete signal loss. Now I'm trying to decide which way to go. I'm definitely going to buy a new 57" SC but then I can't decide whether I'm going to get a new 70" plane or sell my 70" gear and get a 58" Edge.

Decisions decisions.
Dec 24, 2012, 08:40 PM
Quote:
Oh man! Sorry to hear dude. I'm in the same boat, but worse. I lost my 57" Extra and my 70" Slick on back to back days. One due to a midair and one to a complete signal loss. Now I'm trying to decide which way to go. I'm definitely going to buy a new 57" SC but then I can't decide whether I'm going to get a new 70" plane or sell my 70" gear and get a 58" Edge.

Decisions decisions.
Ahh Man I would say you are even in a worse seat then me!! It is a lot easier to swallow when you crash your plane due to your own thumbs rather then having mechanical error!!
Dec 24, 2012, 09:56 PM
Gone Huckin'
Quote:
Ahh Man I would say you are even in a worse seat then me!! It is a lot easier to swallow when you crash your plane due to your own thumbs rather then having mechanical error!!
True. Very, very true. There's nothing I hate worse than losing a plane like that. I'd rather crash one due to my own thumbs any day!
Dec 24, 2012, 11:14 PM
Quote:
True. Very, very true. There's nothing I hate worse than losing a plane like that. I'd rather crash one due to my own thumbs any day!
ANY DAY!!!! Today I had to just kind of Laugh because it was something that could have been prevented if I was not showing off for all my nephews at our Christmas Part Hahaa
Dec 25, 2012, 09:37 PM
to Bad you are in Ca, just put my 74 edge up for sale

Quick Reply