3DHobbyShop 51" Andrew Jesky SLICK - Page 1577 - RC Groups
Nov 30, 2012, 09:21 AM
doh!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimaarts
i think i will do differently now.. before after assembling linkage, i put a drop of ca on top of the nut, now i will put a drop of ca on screw threads before screwing the nut....
That is what I do. Never had one come off. Definitely holds well.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 30, 2012, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan_m
That is what I do. Never had one come off. Definitely holds well.
But can you get it off? I know CA is pretty crunchy. I still add a big dab on top. But on one of the linkages I use the 2mm screws from a 25% kit. Allen and nylocs.

Recently lost a 71 to a servo arm screw backing out. It sucks. But truth be told I went and inspected all of them(added a dab of welders), on my 72 an aileron screw was totally gone!

Best thing is the metal arms with the top screw and pinch screw. Solid!
Nov 30, 2012, 01:37 PM
Epoxy & CA Investor
if you use a very small amount of Med. CA, you can back it out. I use a small drop on the nut of all linkages. I also use a tiny drop on the screw holding the arm in the servo. I've lost two planes because of servo horns coming loose.
Nov 30, 2012, 01:39 PM
I treat mine more like a full scale AC... I do a "walk around" that would catch these things except for, maybe, the link coming loose in flight. Not sure if that one would have been obvious pre-flight. But, loose screws, hinges, motors, wing bolts, blah, blah, blah... to me a more disciplined approach adds to the fun of model aviation because it makes it more like full scale. It also could save your bacon. Just my two cents. And, sorry... I dumb-thumbed my first v1 Slick into the ground after just 66 wonderful flights. Gah... tough...
Nov 30, 2012, 01:40 PM
Epoxy & CA Investor
i'll give the servo arm and horns a quick pull before the first flight of the day After that, before each subsequent flight, I'll just give the elevator servo and linkage a quick look if I can remember to do it.
Nov 30, 2012, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq
. And, sorry... I dumb-thumbed my first v Slick into the ground after just 66 wonderful flights. Gah... tough...
You didn't preflight your thumbs?

Nov 30, 2012, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robj
You didn't preflight your thumbs?

Now that... that would be a great trick! And I liked the v1's paint scheme better too. But that didn't stop me from buying a replacement v2! What a great plane.
Nov 30, 2012, 02:21 PM
guys, i think for my next slick(i would backorder one asap if yesterday i wouldnt have ordered EF 60 edge)i think at least on tail i will go with dubro screws/locknut/nut... quick measurement says that slick screws are a tad less than 2mm?? what size do i need?
Nov 30, 2012, 03:30 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
Sorry to hear of this my friend!! And yes, it is a good idea for people to look things over on their planes. I know that of late, I have also tended to be a little lax in this.... It's raining here, and looks like it will be for a while, so good time to do a little maintenance!!

SteveT
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Nov 30, 2012, 03:30 PM
I think they are 2mm, if not, get 2mm and drill out a tad.
Nov 30, 2012, 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT.
Sorry to hear of this my friend!! And yes, it is a good idea for people to look things over on their planes. I know that of late, I have also tended to be a little lax in this.... It's raining here, and looks like it will be for a while, so good time to do a little maintenance!!

SteveT
yeah... and part of it was my stupidity... on a first flight i barely pulled out of downline, but wrote it to my frozen thumbs pulling stick at last possible moment... but now going back, i should have checked the plane straight after that... if 60" EF laser wont come out this year, in the end of december i might ask you for another 3615.... loved that motor! i already sooooooo miss my 51! first balsa i could harrier inverted!
Nov 30, 2012, 03:46 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
No problem.....whatever you need...

SteveT
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Nov 30, 2012, 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT.
No problem.....whatever you need...

SteveT
you're da man!
Dec 01, 2012, 02:12 PM
Gone Huckin'
Having a little fun with my Slick this morning... Unfortunately I had a midair with my 57" SC and a Stinson. It was quite spectacular but my SC will be out of commission for a while!

3DHS 51' Slick (6 min 25 sec)
Dec 01, 2012, 09:43 PM
Video Juggernaut
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm
Having a little fun with my Slick this morning... Unfortunately I had a midair with my 57" SC and a Stinson. It was quite spectacular but my SC will be out of commission for a while!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKk1p...ature=youtu.be
nice.

I flew mine today with better results. I got the cg issues sorted out and I increased my expo. Now it is flying like a champ. It was pretty windy here today and it flew great. Can't wait to get it out on a calm on.