Thread Tools
Aug 07, 2012, 10:51 AM
Epoxy & CA Investor
DenverJayhawk's Avatar
Rob told me it's 2-3 weeks after 3dhs gets their stock
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Aug 07, 2012, 11:07 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm
...

By the way - anyone received a shipping notice from 3DHS on their 51" Slick yet? Their website says "in stock" and I preordered as soon as they opened up pre-orders (literally within a few minutes) and I haven't received a shipping notice yet. Hopefully today!
Got my shipping notice this morning.

Had pre-ordered the orange scheme, but 3DHS didn't get them in as expected. So Noll sent an email asking if I wanted the red one or wait 4 to 5 weeks for the orange. I asked for the red one instead - that'll make it 3 Slicks in the same red scheme 42", 59", and now the 51". I like how it looks, so I don't mind.
Aug 07, 2012, 11:08 AM
Gone Huckin'
turnerm's Avatar
Just got my shipping notice!
Aug 07, 2012, 11:26 AM
Registered User
St3v3's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by hone1er
I think it's a week but you should email rob at ADC and see if he can get you one. Don't wait for it to say "in stock", email him now, he might be able to get you one.
I had mine on pre-order, I've also contacted them via the site, hopefully I'll get one of the first ones.
Aug 07, 2012, 01:42 PM
Registered User
Mr Big Head's Avatar
Got a red one to back up my FB scheme! Schweeeet!
Aug 07, 2012, 02:00 PM
Registered User
chq28's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Big Head
Got a red one to back up my FB scheme! Schweeeet!
I close to doing the same thing
Aug 07, 2012, 02:05 PM
Registered User
Mr Big Head's Avatar
I check their site almost every day. I thought they were going to be available in August. I missed pre order info I guess. I would not have got one without actually clicking the plane and seeing they were available. I really wanted orange but red will do! Hopefully I have not missed the pre order on the Biper!
Aug 07, 2012, 03:36 PM
Santi
DaaBears's Avatar
Maidened my slick today and I am just so impressed with the slicks... This plane by far is the most stable post stall plane I've ever flown! Instantly want the 71"!
Aug 07, 2012, 03:38 PM
Gone Huckin'
turnerm's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCDme3D
Maidened my slick today and I am just so impressed with the slicks... This plane by far is the most stable post stall plane I've ever flown! Instantly want the 71"!
+ a billion.
Aug 07, 2012, 03:41 PM
Registered User
robj's Avatar
the 70, 72 and 74 ain't to shabby either.
Aug 07, 2012, 04:20 PM
RC Pilot / Photographer
-= GYRO =-'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCDme3D
Maidened my slick today and I am just so impressed with the slicks... This plane by far is the most stable post stall plane I've ever flown! Instantly want the 71"!
You like the post stall better than your 60" Edge?
Aug 07, 2012, 04:32 PM
Santi
DaaBears's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by -= GYRO =-
You like the post stall better than your 60" Edge?
The edge is absolutely amazing! But for some reason, the slick was easier for me to control... I really shouldn't even say which I like better, because they are both incredibly stable. I felt so comfortable with both, I just had more confidence with the slick. Can't really explain it, it's just how I felt today at the field. My buddy filmed and will probably post the maiden. Nothing crazy, but felt comfortable.
Aug 07, 2012, 04:42 PM
RC Pilot / Photographer
-= GYRO =-'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCDme3D
The edge is absolutely amazing! But for some reason, the slick was easier for me to control... I really shouldn't even say which I like better, because they are both incredibly stable. I felt so comfortable with both, I just had more confidence with the slick. Can't really explain it, it's just how I felt today at the field. My buddy filmed and will probably post the maiden. Nothing crazy, but felt comfortable.
Glad you enjoyed it! (both of them!)

I gotta say, I love your taste in Airplanes!
Aug 07, 2012, 04:55 PM
Santi
DaaBears's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by -= GYRO =-
Glad you enjoyed it! (both of them!)

I gotta say, I love your taste in Airplanes!
Switching over to realflight 6 here soon.. Can't wait to see that thing on 110" screen! Hopefully I can start to really make progress now that I have a few amazing frames to back me up!

I think there will ALWAYS be slicks and edges in my fleet... Now I know why guys all have multiple slicks!
Aug 07, 2012, 04:59 PM
RC Pilot / Photographer
-= GYRO =-'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCDme3D
I think there will ALWAYS be slicks and edges in my fleet... Now I know why guys all have multiple slicks!
I know I'm glad I decided to keep my 70!


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Need New 3d Plane from Previes gear. NoMercy 3D Flying 2 Jun 06, 2006 04:07 AM
New 3D planes from GWS? assib GWS (Grand Wing Servo) 4 Feb 24, 2005 12:34 AM
Sneak Peak At NEW 3D Plane from Dick Rankin thechosen1one Foamies (Kits) 5 Oct 11, 2004 01:27 PM
New 3D Planes from Fliton LTChip Parkflyers 1 Jun 19, 2003 02:17 PM
New "3D Aircraft" Discussion Group Proposal Tim H. Foamies (Kits) 1 May 02, 2003 09:57 PM